Lending money to friends and never getting it back

Flashiel

The last 5 times i lent money to friends, i never saw my money back. Am i a fucking alien for making it a priority to repay my friends in the very rare instances when i borrowed money from them? Every time i borrow any amount of money from a friend, i make it an absolute priority to #1 making sure i save up the money fast to repay them, and #2 going out of my way to make sure im able to reach them fast, usually me going to see them, not the other around. They're my friends and they helped me, so i wanna look good in front of them and i wanna preserve my friendships.

Now when i lend money to friends its a totally different ball game. I lent money 5 times ( that i could remember, probably more in reality). 2 of which were material amounts, 1000 and 450. The 1000 happened 15 years ago, and i only got repaid 500. Which pretty much killed the friendship..not that i necessarily wanted to..he just avoided me after that...
and the last one, 450 which I lent 2 months ago. and still havent seen a dime back. and i lent 3 more times....40 ...20....20.....small bullshit amounts which i have never seen a dime back but its still annoying, after a while , i stopped trying to get those small amounts back....all these amounts except one were from pretty good friends...

Why do i never get reminded by borrowers "hey by the way, the money you lent me, well here it is"
Why do i always have to remind them that they owe me something?
Why are people always almost ready to give my money back but not today?
Why are they always making excuses for delaying and never delivering?
Why do i always have to run after my money?
Why do people who borrow from me always tend to disappear swiftly in the weeks after borrowing?

I dont really lend to broke asses....all these guys have jobs, but im wondering, how the fuck do they manage their fucking money?
That 450 was supposed to be repaid 6 weeks ago but then, unexpectedly (yah right) excuses came up....i was already super reluctant to lend that money away. first i said no, i cant. then i called him back because i felt bad for not helping and because hes a good friend. Now i dont know if im ever going to see a dime back. That 450 was probably the last time i lend money to a "friend" because im fucking tired of this bullshit.

i will look like a fucking douchebag sometimes for not helping out , but fuck you. im tired of this shit.

If you dont have the balls to collect dont lend. Also dont lend such great amounts on the first go.

If i lend money il start with like 10-20$. And i always give 2 weeks to pay back. If you dont prioritise paying someone back then itll show after thr first payday.

You seem to have learn things the hard way. Its a good thing to help friends in need. But make sure you know much they can pay back and if they cant, then find other ways to be compensated.

Suggest you make new friends as your current friends are nothing but a bunch of losers.
You NEVER LEND money.

x2 on loser friends

I never lend money to my friends and even if I did, I wouldn't need to run around asking for it back

Prête pas d'argent, ta vie sera plus simple, l'argent et la famille/amis ne font pas bon ménage.

Perso, si un ami me demandait de l'argent, je lui dirais que c'est un Loser et qu'il se reprenne en main...

for 450$ I would ask my friend back all day erry day until I see it back.
For 20$, just go to julep with said friend order something and pull the bro I forgot my wallet and OHH you owe me 20$

if you're selling US dollars I'll give you a good rate.

I can also lend you some money if you need.

<3

You simply have shitty friends, it's normal to be in a bad situation we all been through there (I think), but when someone help you the least you can do is pay them back. They knew you wouldn't come back for your money that's why they fucked you in the first place.

Send them a seized and desist.

You simply have shitty friends, it's normal to be in a bad situation we all been through there (I think), but when someone help you the least you can do is pay them back. They knew you wouldn't come back for your money that's why they fucked you in the first place.

Send them a seized and desist.

Cease*

Je ne prête jamais, mais jamais d'argent à mes amis. En dernière instance, si ils sont vraiment dans la marde, je vais les aider à trouver de l'aide. Sinon, fuck it

je me sent mal quand ça commence à faire plus d'une semaine que je dois de l'argent à quelqu'un, et c'est jamais plus que 20$ haha. je déteste être en dette, mes parents m'offrent de me prêter de l'argent pour faire enlever mes dents de sagesses par exemple, je suis incapable d'accepter parce que ça me rend inconfortable.

mais jpense qu'à cause de cette mentalité là ça me porte à faire confiance à personne et je ne prête jamais d'argent ou des biens de valeur. j'ai fait l'erreur de prêter 5000$ à ma mère pour l'achat de son condo et je l'ai pas revu. elle m'a pas crossé mais disons que j'étais pas d'accord avec sa façon de faire les choses.

My uncle always told me that if a friend asks for money, either give it to them or don't, but never lend money to a friend... perfect recipe to lose said friend.

As for the ones that owe you money, just tell them it was cheap knowing them and move on.

My uncle always told me that if a friend asks for money, either give it to them or don't, but never lend money to a friend... perfect recipe to lose said friend.

As for the ones that owe you money, just tell them it was cheap knowing them and move on.

x1000

I have given money to friends(or more bought stuff for them they needed) but never lent them money.

Back