Formula E in Montreal. Who's going?

Pas de Formule E à MTL en 2018.

La mairesse devrait annoncer que ce sera reporté.
Ce ne serait pas une mauvaise décision je pense...de cette façon, pas d'encombrement dans le downtown et pas besoin de briser le contrat et de payer des frais supplémentaires.
Le circuit Gilles Villeneuve sera prêt en 2019.
The only upgrades at the track will be the pitlane,media center and some walkways. Nothing to the track

malgré que ce soit été un désastre cette année, je trouve ça dommage.

C'est quand même une belle visibilité et de grands constructeurs étaient ajoutés en 2018....La série aurait probablement eu un momemtum plus fort...

malgré que ce soit été un désastre cette année, je trouve ça dommage.

C'est quand même une belle visibilité et de grands constructeurs étaient ajoutés en 2018....La série aurait probablement eu un momemtum plus fort...

D'accord avec toi. Il y a même des rumeurs qui courent que le contrat serait carrément annulé. La conférence de presse de Plante est à 13h.
Moi c'est plutôt l'emplacement que je trouvais ordinaire mais sinon j'avais rien contre l'événement comme tel.

Les pilotes trippait sur le parcours... Le meilleur selon plusieurs.

L'envoyer sur l'île notre dame ça rendre la course plus ordinaire, moins adapté au formules E.

Donc aussi bien tout annuler.

L'envoyer sur l'île notre dame ça rendre la course plus ordinaire, moins adapté au formules E.

Le parcours semblait faire chier tout le monde à part les pilotes et l'annulation coutera chère à la ville.

Last edited:
il faisait chier une poignée de commerçant <<BS>> sur Ontario.

La réalité est qu'ils sont jammés dans de la construction depuis 2 ans et ils étaient en tabarnak tout simplement

The issue is you need to reconfigure the track to run through the park. The political back lash would be huge from people including myself. Cancelling it for now until we can figure out where to put it is a better choice. However watch Toronto or Vancouver want our race

Toronto would be a better venue

Le parcours semblait faire chier tout le monde à part les pilotes et l'annulation coutera chère à la ville.

tout le monde c'est un grand mot, c'est ceux qui sont en désaccord qui crient le plus fort, c'est bien connu.

Moi j'ai bien aimé et c'est justement pour ca que j'y suis allé l'an dernier, je me suis dit que ya des bonne chances que ca revienne pas en 2018 avec tous les chialeux.

Last edited:
People moan the minute they are inconvenienced in any way. You've literally got crack dens in that part of town yet they don't kick up a storm over those, because they are use to it.

The Radio-Canada site is going to be a massive construction zone for decades to come watch them bitch about that.

So Montreal is going to be paying for a race it's not hosting. I'm going to laugh my ass off when it gets picked up in Toronto and in 10 years time people will be complaining how we should have never let it go.

Formula E is just starting off with serious OEM's joining now, let's not even bother to try and improve it and just axe the whole thing.

People moan the minute they are inconvenienced in any way. You've literally got crack dens in that part of town yet they don't kick up a storm over those, because they are use to it.

The Radio-Canada site is going to be a massive construction zone for decades to come watch them bitch about that.

So Montreal is going to be paying for a race it's not hosting. I'm going to laugh my ass off when it gets picked up in Toronto and in 10 years time people will be complaining how we should have never let it go.

Formula E is just starting off with serious OEM's joining now, let's not even bother to try and improve it and just axe the whole thing.
The nimbys in Toronto will be worse than here ... It will face the same issues financially.

BRAVO Mairesse Plante. :bigup:For the first time in a long time I see fiscal restraint and common sense behaviour from Hotel de Ville. 30,000,000 $ is a lot of money,for this event . IF it means cancellation fees and legal non-performance of contract, we need to wash our hands of this shitty deal.

Instead of a stupid race, maybe we should be concentrating (take your pick):
-Big potholes downtown.
-Replacing aquaduc's unless you like skating down Sherbrooke or St. Catehreine.
-Increasing west island train service. ( Going to McGill via deux montagne train line or Dorval train is often a nightmare because of Laval people).
-Maybe having an outdoor music festivals they actually generate cash.

EDIT ADDENDUM:

Before any haters pile on, I am not against hosting the race in the future with CORPORATE MONEY (like Shanghai Zurich etc.etc). If Coke, Pepsi , Canadian Tire, wants to sponsor the event Mr. Student13, is all for "comandataire(s) corporatif".--- I just feel that our shitty roads deserve any spare money first, our taxes are too high !

Last edited:
BRAVO Mairesse Plante. :bigup:For the first time in a long time I see fiscal restraint and common sense behaviour from Hotel de Ville. 30,000,000 $ is a lot of money,for this event . IF it means cancellation fees and legal non-performance of contract, we need to wash our hands of this shitty deal.

Instead of a stupid race, maybe we should be concentrating (take your pick):
-Big potholes downtown.
-Replacing aquaduc's unless you like skating down Sherbrooke or St. Catehreine.
-Increasing west island train service. ( Going to McGill via deux montagne train line or Dorval train is often a nightmare because of Laval people).
-Maybe having an outdoor music festivals they actually generate cash.

EDIT ADDENDUM:

Before any haters pile on, I am not against hosting the race in the future with CORPORATE MONEY (like Shanghai Zurich etc.etc). If Coke, Pepsi , Canadian Tire, wants to sponsor the event Mr. Student13, is all for "comandataire(s) corporatif".--- I just feel that our shitty roads deserve any spare money first, our taxes are too high !
Ils vont faire des saillies de trottoir à 200k$ le coin de rue avant de réparer quoi que ce soit ou baisser les taxes.

Back