Formula E in Montreal. Who's going?

Oh well, I'll be off to support Mayor Coderre's boondoggle soon. Can you or anyone comment on how was it in terms of viewing for general admission, souvenirs, food/water? Any screens to watch? Can I bring a bag for a camera and a few bottles of water or am I doomed to pay $5.00/bottle? Any tips for where to watch?

I largely agree with you on the second part but I can see this event getting bigger as it seems the 3 electric car owners I know talk and act like they're part of a cult. When I told them their cars are digital, boring and have no soul it was like I insulted their family and they almost ripped me apart lol. I can see this gaining in popularity but for sure better planning is in order for next year.
Turbo cars with all the same flat torque curve are already quite boring. At this point, I'll take an ev and enjoy the instant torque and no gear changes.

I am happy that I didn't go- even though I got some media tix.

I can't believe the issues that local residents went through for this bullshit.
If the want to host again- go to our dedicated F1 track or Icar or ASE, just take it off the streets of downtown.

Hey wait a minute- what about running it in industrial Laval...wide streets no traffic issues.

this thing did everything opposite in terms of traffic? is it me or it killed the city??

Loll true.
On veut vanter les vertues des autos de courses électriques sans émissions tout en créant des bouchons monstres dans la métropoles et le smog qui vient avec !

The security check points were useless.. You could have just walked in off the street with beer from the old port or elsewhere . you didnt even need to hold a ticket of any sort for GA unless you want to get in the Allianz Park. Lots of good GA spots until security started bitching but the Marshall's quickly told them to piss off and let fans watch

Le petit peuple du Québec font pitié à entendre, toujours entrain de chialer, bref il y a eu tellement de campagne de salissage que ça m'a servit, j'ai pu me rendre à la formule E sans problème et me parker rapidement samedi et dimanche.

J'ai eu du fun avec ma femme et ma fille d'un an et après on est aller sur une terrasse d'une micro brasserie

The security check points were useless.. You could have just walked in off the street with beer from the old port or elsewhere . you didnt even need to hold a ticket of any sort for GA unless you want to get in the Allianz Park. Lots of good GA spots until security started bitching but the Marshall's quickly told them to piss off and let fans watch

General admission tickets were a total ripoff and useless. People paid to basically be prisoners inside the track, and there were barely any decent views of the track. For some reason, the organizers lined the best viewing areas with blue fabric to hide views the track, essentially forcing general admission ticket holders into the center of the track so they can spend money on food and beverages, but this area offered no decent or close views of the race.

The best views from inside the track were safety car/ambulance access spots, there was no blue fabric there hiding the track. Ticket holder who stopped to look at the race were rudely asked to keep moving on(which obviously makes total sense) BUT, people OUTSIDE THE TRACK two feet away with no tickets, could stay there and had better views of the race than anyone else who had paid for access to the site.

It was absolutely pathetic.

General admission tickets were a total ripoff and useless. People paid to basically be prisoners inside the track, and there were barely any decent views of the track. For some reason, the organizers lined the best viewing areas with blue fabric to hide views the track, essentially forcing general admission ticket holders into the center of the track so they can spend money on food and beverages, but this area offered no decent or close views of the race.

The best views from inside the track were safety car/ambulance access spots, there was no blue fabric there hiding the track. Ticket holder who stopped to look at the race were rudely asked to keep moving on(which obviously makes total sense) BUT, people OUTSIDE THE TRACK two feet away with no tickets, could stay there and had better views of the race than anyone else who had paid for access to the site.

It was absolutely pathetic.
Yep thats what happened. I got GA tickets from a friend and took my gf. Useless.. And as usual dick security guards from Best. Beer was 7.50 so not horrid but you could have gone to a dep in old mtl, bought beer and got back in easily with no TSA style security.

Evenko ran it as a concert.

However the racing and E Village were lots of fun. I seriously had a great time

At this point they should have just made it free for everyone (except estrades), cut spendings on security and such, more social acceptance

Evenko ran it as a concert.

Yep. It was exactly like osheaga. Spend all day walking around, long lines for any basic human need (drinking, eating, pissing), and only get a peek of the main events from miles away.

However the racing and E Village were lots of fun. I seriously had a great time

Agreed, I had a nice day, but mainly because it was an absolutely terrific day and was with good friends.

the problems that you guys listed were probably associated with downtown courses. obviously they re not designed for your viewing pleasure.

didnt go (could of had tickets) went to classic international car show in Granby instead, probably a better spent 10$. My friends went and werent too impressed with the E race.

At this point they should have just made it free for everyone (except estrades), cut spendings on security and such, more social acceptance
Thats what my gf said. However the racing was great

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Realistically speaking, it's not possible to shut down (nor makes any sense for residents) and secure endless blocks of streets easily used to enter the event. The gen admin tickets were not needed was true, you could have walked in from almost any surrounding street and really that's how it should be. But if you wanted to enter the Allianz section from the front part with all the activities, you needed a ticket but if you went from the tail end of the circuit (Papineau and de La Gauchitiere) you could have made it in to the village free, no security at the back end where the VIP section starts. We went over the Julius Bar bridge (near Berri), left the circuit, walked to McDonalds on Ste. Catherine and Ste. Christophe had a cheap lunch, went to Dollarama one more block east and loaded up on $1.00 Gatorade, Lay's, pop and candy then went back the same way, straight into the village and went all the way to the end where the Hydro Quebec amusement park was. Some lady was handing out blue paper bracelets to many gen admin holders to go sit free in Stand 1, first corner rather than have it look empty. Just got lucky and that's where we watched.

The event was great fun, but much more geared towards kids/family. True the organisation could have been better, the maps were confusing, not enough signs and the kids giving out info weren't really sure of what was where. Much more relaxed atmosphere and much more quiet than a typical car race. The few souvenirs we saw were very reasonably priced compared to the rip off @ F1. The race itself wasn't too bad but I still can't get passed the lack of noise, already an issue in F1. Just not exciting hearing endless tires screeching. But weather permitting I'll definitely go again next year this time with no ticket. Interesting enough Tesla is not a sponsor nor has a team. Huge push by BMW with a bunch of i8's giving rides to VIP's

Also spotted these 2 in the wild and had to scramble for my camera...

124.jpg

Because Tesla is like apple. They have a circle jerking cult. We ended up getting food off site as well then walking back in.

They need to have more things on track.. I found the wait times long and let's be honest Robo Race isnt exactly exciting

Back