Thule Vs Generic Brand?? Aware me!

Mtlalex

Legacy Member
Are Thule that much better???

Im planning a trip to Florida next winter and I need a little more cargo space in my Rav 4 with the new baby and all. Ive been looking in to Thule Racks/Boxes and im realizing they are not that cheap... Now my simple question is are they really that much better and worth the extra Dough??

Thanks

I had a sportrack box. It was okay but a bit flimsy at times but held up well. Look for used ones, many people buy them to use one of two times..

Ya I was thinking that might be the case... Thanks for clearing it up. Im gone check out the used market!!

Cheers!

Even In the used market they are not cheap, the cheap on are either broken or missing pieces older than Zeus or the fair price one that are legit are gone within seconds.

Sent from my XT1563 using Tapatalk

My mom just got a Sportrack bike rack. It's got some decent features and seems to work pretty well.

However I could definitely point out areas that would have been improved on a more expensive Thule rack. I think at a certain point you're just paying for the name Though.

See the prices in the US, I find way too many things a hell of a lot cheaper in the US even with the exchange and duty. US Amazon is my best friend

Thule & Yakima = overpriced
Get a Sportrack, even more if you are going to use it only a couple of times.

People buy 1k box to match their Audi lol

Le mécanisme rachet de mon sportrack a casser sur l'autoroute a 120kmh avec mon vélo sur le toit... Pu jamais de ces racks cheap copier du vieux stock thule.
Regarde inno ils sont moins cher et font d'excellent produit.

Even In the used market they are not cheap, the cheap on are either broken or missing pieces older than Zeus or the fair price one that are legit are gone within seconds.

Sent from my XT1563 using Tapatalk

You just need to spend time looking and wait it out. I got my box for 125$ in like new condition with all hardware. The guy bought it for family trips that never happened and it sat in his shed for a year untouched.. He even gave me the invoice for warranty!

Merci pour le nom de Sportrack, je suis dans les même démarche que op

Envoyé de mon SGH-I337M en utilisant Tapatalk

What I like about the Thule box is that it opens on both sides (very convenient) and very easy to install with the grippers.

Check souvent, les bons deals partent vraiment vite.

J'ai acheté du Thule used, mais pratiquement neuf: une grosse boîte, les barres, supports planches à neige, 4 supports à vélo et 2 supports à roue pour 900$ (2 vendeurs). Il y en avait pour 2600$ total.

Mais ça m'a coûté presque 200$ pour mettre les 14 serrures sur la même clé...

C'est vraiment du bon stock. En 3 ans, aucun bris ou problèmes même si laissé en permanence sur le toit.

Back