Road rage in Peterborough

Spaceman Spiff

A violent armed road rage incident has been captured on video in Peterborough, Ont. between a cyclist and a pickup driver Tuesday morning.

Peterborough police said a 74-year-old man was riding his bike on Erskine Avenue around 11 a.m., when he became involved in an “argument” with a driver.

A witness said both parties were making a left-hand turn on the road when the argument broke out.

Video captured by a local business owner showed the cyclist being hit several times by the driver with what police described as a “small club.”

“He was coming at him, and coming at him hard. As soon as I saw him with that raised bat in his hand, I was like, oh my God, oh my God,” said the woman, who asked that her name be withheld, as she is still upset by the incident.

Witnesses intervened at the scene and said the driver of the truck then left the area. The cyclist could be seen bleeding profusely from his head, while the pickup truck driver also appeared to sustain a head injury in the incident.

Paramedics attended to the cyclist at the scene and he was transported to hospital for treatment of undisclosed injuries.

READ MORE: Ontario driver bites pedestrian’s nose in road rage incident: police

Police said the driver of the truck was identified as David Fox, 65, of Peterborough, and was arrested just after noon at his residence.

Fox has been charged with aggravated assault and assault with a weapon.

“According to the criminal code a charge of aggravated assault would apply when a person is either maimed, wounded, disfigured, or when the assault would involve endangering the life of that person,” said Peterborough Police spokesperson Lauren Gilchrist, who added that investigators say the two men involved in the incident don’t know one another.

Fox was released from custody is scheduled to appear in court on Aug. 24.
http://globalnews.ca/news/3612720/video-captures-violent-road-rage-incident-in-peterborough/

lol... le vieux varge sur l'autre avec une club dans face 'mais j'ai rien fait il est venu après moi'. putain que le monde peuvent être abrutis. la tôle pour ce vieux là c'est assez clair

lol... le vieux varge sur l'autre avec une club dans face 'mais j'ai rien fait il est venu après moi'. putain que le monde peuvent être abrutis. la tôle pour ce vieux là c'est assez clair

I tried to walk away, rofl bel argument dit it juste aprèes avoir vargé dessus. Je peux comprendre si c'est de la légitime défense mais rendu en position d'agression, ça va être difficile de convaincre le juge.

Inb4 one sided story...

and wtf is he hitting him with a dildo????

On le sait que tu penses juste à ça. Avoue le que tu aimerais te faire cockslapper.

Tried to walk away? Bitch you're in a dodge ram if you wanted to get away from little old grandpa on the bicycle you easily could have.

It's more likely than not that the person carrying around a small club like that in their pocket is the bigger asshole in this situation.

One side story

Osti c'est tu une canne d'ananas en sirop ton avatar?

Mais oui, peut-etre que le pick up a klaxonne un autre automobiliste pour lui dire de faire attention au cyclisme pis les deux l'ont envoye chier et y s'est faché apres le seul qu'y a reussi a rattrapper.

sur le Plateau ca ne serait pas arrive
a moin que le premier vieux sort de son Car2Go avec une baguette de pain dans les mains pour varger sur l'autre qui etait en Bixi

A chaque fois qu'un gars en pickup pogne les nerfs après les cyclistes, il conduit un RAM 1500.

C'est a cause du gars qui fait les annonces avec sa voix rauque.

D'ailleurs on dirait le meme gars pour tous les pick-up, Ford, Dodge, Toyota, GM, le gars parle comme s'il etait en attente d'une greffe des cordes vocales.

Moi qui croyais que c'était la seule solution viable pour régler les situation de rage au violent.

Je vais me débarrasser de mon club.

Merci MR

Back