Purchased Used Car but found hidden problem - What to do

Well I'm assuming that the gauge was showing low, or empty when you went to fill it up so it works. The distance till empty is always up to how and where you drive, don't count on that too much unless on the hwy going far with the cruise on, then it's more reliable.

Hate how in my car I can look at my fuel consumption 50 different ways, but can't change the damn digital speed gauge to Mph. Thanks Obama!

First. Calm the fuck down. Nothing is wrong with the car. I bought my wife a 2012 tsx tech back in 2015. The tank when on full goes up to 950 km if doing just highway. It will vary a lot (the range) if you do city, average consumption A will increase and the range will decrease. From memory the needle starts to move at about 200km of highway. It's not linear all the way to empty. I do regular 600km on a tank, and between 750 to 950 on highway. Car has amazing mileage for the weight it carries

effectivement c'est pas juste c'est cossin la...

avec mon toaster.... quand je le full ca me dit 650km... mais si je fait en realiter 450... je suis heureux hahahaha

Je vois rien d'anormal, même si le char était neuf.

Tas un gauge analogue dans une tank de 65L qui se fait brasser tout partout sur la route.

s'il manque 7 ou 8L d'essence dans le haut de la tank, ça se peut fort bien que le gauge ne le montre même pas.

Tous mes chars ont un gauge qui n'est pas linéaire. La portion de FULL à 1/2 c'est plus comme FULL - 1/4 parce que si je fais 300 km de FULL à 1/2, je fais max 150 sur le 1/2 vide.

Oui, elle est reparti en disant que son avocat allait me contacter. J'imagine un avocat c'est plus cher qu'une pair de brake pad a 15$ au canadian tire.
Pas d'avocat permis aux petites créances anyways, à moins qu'elle voulait te poursuivre pour >15k de dommages et intérêts en chambre civile.

OP
If you are worried about something it's ok
what you described is 'normal' because those gauges are associated to a bunch of sensors.
Take a half day, full your tank, kick back and enjoy summer.

Guys the tank is huge, something like 70 liters. Average on highway only is around 6.5l/100km You do the math. The 950km is what the trip computer shows based on average of last consumption. If you do a lot of highway I have no issue believe you can get there. I did 800km already. Again don't forget the tank capacity

ScreenHunter_1204 Jul. 26 12.33.jpg

It will remain high for a long time... acura/honda sender for those year have a big ohm range for the fuel sender

Hi Guys
Well i have concluded that you are all correct!
Today the needle actually dropped below the "F" which made me feel better. I was just surprised on how long the 2.4L acura engine was taking to move the needle.
Also was surprised by some posters saying how big and far one tank can go.
Thanks again to the MR members who took time to re-assure me all is good.

It doesn't make the car more economical, :) it just saves you a few trips to the gas station, having a high capacity gas tank

Back