Part Out or Scrap

Soopacharged

Legacy Member
I have a 2002 Acura TL with a dead transmission. I could fix it but it'll cost about $3000 for a transmission. Love the car but the transmissions in these cars have an engineering flaws so it's only a matter of time before it fails. I don't feel like gambling $3000 so I have two options. Scrap it or part it out.

If you know anyone that needs parts or can recommend a scrapyard please let me know. Everything works and the body is in phenomenal condition.

Thanks

Sent from my XT1563 using Tapatalk

swap a manual or sell it for parts. Scrapping is really just when the car should not be on the road anymore in my book.

swap a manual or sell it for parts. Scrapping is really just when the car should not be on the road anymore in my book.
There's a huge parts list to do a conversion. I looked into it. I haven't priced it though. Who in Montreal could do a job like that?

You could also sell it for less due to the transmission. Maybe someone will buy it and swap a transmission from Kenny-u-pull. I'm sure you're done with less than 1000 bucks if you diy

3000$ ça semble cher pour une transmission? Il doit bien en avoir dans les scrapyard à vendre pour moins cher et garantie genre 1 ans. Comme Rebel dit c'est claire que ça se fait en bas de 1000$ si tu veux vraiment garder la voiture.

Moi à ta place je ferais un part-out. On regarde sur Kijiji et une qui roule sont annoncé autour de 2000$ donc c'est claire que tu vas être perdant à mettre une transmission dedans....

3000$ ça semble cher pour une transmission? Il doit bien en avoir dans les scrapyard à vendre pour moins cher et garantie genre 1 ans. Comme Rebel dit c'est claire que ça se fait en bas de 1000$ si tu veux vraiment garder la voiture.

Moi à ta place je ferais un part-out. On regarde sur Kijiji et une qui roule sont annoncé autour de 2000$ donc c'est claire que tu vas être perdant à mettre une transmission dedans....

Those Acura/Honda trans of those years are poop. Most junkyards won't warranty one even for 1 month.

exactly do not ever think of replacing it
any 98-2002 accord or TL are crap to no end

mod it and plan eazy 2000$ +- in parts ... or do something different like I did with my accord.

Have fun ... Personally love that gen of TL

Also, shops I would reach out to for this are limited to AdvanceEFI - Steve ... or Garage Vitec in Laval east - Frank

I'm kinda leaning more towards swapping in a manual. I really like this car and like I said it's in great shape. It's gonna be more than the car is worth but there's tons of modded cars out there with more mods than they're worth.

I'm kinda leaning more towards swapping in a manual. I really like this car and like I said it's in great shape. It's gonna be more than the car is worth but there's tons of modded cars out there with more mods than they're worth.

exactly
It is sooo much fun to pull up and pass people when they think ur stock ...

https://acurazine.com/forums/second-generation-tl-1999-2003-98/my-tl-type-slow-6mt-7-8-psi-748551/

calling your name Soopa

If you really like the car and it's really worth it to keep then go with the MT swap. I would rather swap then gamble with another used car.

^^^^^^ i have the same car , but automatic..It's an excellent car, mine now has 225 000 and pulls very strong. i know manuals are faster and the clutch is smooth. i just don't see how he reaches 300HP with an intake and exhaust. he needs to lower th eprice to maybe 5k to be more reasonable.

I would fix it, you know the rest of the car's condition, and like people said, an automatic tranny should br around 100-1200 installed.

I would fix it, you know the rest of the car's condition, and like people said, an automatic tranny should br around 100-1200 installed.
Yeah but the auto will fail again. Probably one of the worst designs know to man.

Back