Carbon Fiber

Harley514

Anybody ever bought and installed CF parts on their daily car? I'm thinking about putting some on mine but I'm worried that the salt, ice, snow, and freezing cold will just destroy it come winter time. It's also the first time I would be installing CF parts on the exterior of my car, is there any special procedures for taking care of it or it's pretty much treat it as any normal body part of the car. If anyone has any experiences I'd love to hear from you. Also if you're interested, I saw that RW Carbon is currently having a sale right now, heard good reviews from them, might buy from there. Anyways, thanks guys!

I hate carbon fiber, the day you close your hood the wrong way, you'll crack the gel coat. Also depending on where you park the clear will fade fast.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I had a CF hood, the clear coat cracked after 1 year, had to repaint it to match the body color.

i have oem real carbon on my car... and i wish it wasnt there...

my ex girlfriend scratched the door side lip with her boot 1month after i had the car... and the trim piece from the dealer was 545$ at my employe price...

i cant imagine the front splitter if i hit a high side walk... never again

I have 2 CF hood...one for summer that I bought new 6 years ago and one for the winter that I redid myself the clearcoat since it was non-existent when I bought it used.

They are both on the car 6 months/year and the summer one still looks brand new and I don't do anything more I would do on the rest of the car.

The winter one saw one winter and the clear coat is in amazing shape...and I don't pay attention to it during the winter and it has no crack or anything...even if the last owner never took care of it.

Maybe I'm lucky but I would recommend it without any problem!

Thanks guys!

I'm not so much looking into a hood, more like a front lip and deck lip, maybe some hardware around the car such as the grill. Would buying OEM be better than aftermarket or it's pretty much 50/50 with this material?

Can these parts be buffed back to shine or do you really need to remove them and reshoot a clearcoat on them? I'm assuming any body shop can do the clearcoating or its a special clear for CF?

My deck lip spoiler cracked the one time a border patrol wanted to look in my trunk. He slammed the trunk and it cracked. It can be buffed depending how bad it is, a body shop redid my hood and a few months later it was burnt again.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Anybody ever bought and installed CF parts on their daily car? I'm thinking about putting some on mine but I'm worried that the salt, ice, snow, and freezing cold will just destroy it come winter time. It's also the first time I would be installing CF parts on the exterior of my car, is there any special procedures for taking care of it or it's pretty much treat it as any normal body part of the car. If anyone has any experiences I'd love to hear from you. Also if you're interested, I saw that RW Carbon is currently having a sale right now, heard good reviews from them, might buy from there. Anyways, thanks guys!

Yes, installed them for other people, all the aftermarket ones I've seen were cheap garbage. Almost all were a layer of CF over FG or plaster. CF hoods for the EVOX&RA were heavier than the original aluminum (LOL). Seen a couple of them on 365s, the finish looked like crap after a year, others started cracking, clouding. Fake CF EVOX wings cracked at the edges. Unless companies started making better ones, I wouldn't waste my money on them.

Post pas un Ford, c'est de la marde. Seul les allemandes sont appréciées ici!
Arrête, si tu tes fait bashé dans le temps c'est à cause de ton attitude, pas à cause de tes préférences en terme de voitures...

Back