Conductrice de 75 ans tue un jeune en moto

Well, to each their own I guess. Might as well sell your bicycle at that point because thats also a high risk activity in city streets.
I guess. At least on a bicycle you're not going as fast as a bike, so most of the time, you can react quicker and the impact is not as violent (vs. Getting cut off on the highway). Plus there are bike lanes in Montreal so getting around isn't as bad. Would like to see some Québec specific stats comparing bikes vs bicycles.

Well, to each their own I guess. Might as well sell your bicycle at that point because thats also a high risk activity in city streets.

What I don't understand is I know alot of oldies who rode a bike for decades and still going on strong today. Whats different between you guys and them? The risk tolerence?
https://www.google.ca/amp/ottawacit...es-motorcycle-deaths-near-seven-year-high/amp

Less cars , no cells, no texting . But I don't know where you have been living but I've seen or heard about more bike accidents in the last few years than I ever have . Maybe also with social media I hear about it more . Listen , I hope that nobody ever gets hurt on a bike ever again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.google.ca/amp/ottawacit...es-motorcycle-deaths-near-seven-year-high/amp

Less cars , no cells, no texting . But I don't know where you have been living but I've seen or heard about more bike accidents in the last few years than I ever have . Maybe also with social media I hear about it more . Listen , I hope that nobody ever gets hurt on a bike ever again

Alcohol still remains the biggest factor. Don't ride drunk or tired and you already reduced the odds by 50%

On the contrary, I've noticed a decrease in bike accidents, specially since the sport bike plates cost an arm and as a result, you see wayyyyy less of them on the road than when we were younger.

So I'm either living under a rock, or you guys are convincing yourselfs that you did the right thing (selling the bike) by dramatizing the number of accidents on our roads. Food for thought.

So sad and even crazier is that he is the guy who made the the custom OD sweaters for us when our buddy died in a trucking accident little over a year ago.

J'espère que rendu à 75 ans mes enfants vont m'enlever mes clés de char pi me pitcher un 10$ pour l'autobus parceque rendu à cet âge là ces Bin beau la liberté mais les reflex ne sont plus là.

Sent from my XT1563 using Tapatalk

My dad is 87 and drives pretty damn well- he is alert and aware so i wouldn't take is license away just yet.
I plan to race cars still in 25 years so let's not generalize.

Indeed though some elderly would be better off with a driver or public transport.

Its quite rare that I side with Broody- but this is one of them.

I have ridden bikes for over 35 years , lately back on the road with old vintage bikes. I was a crazy lad in the eighties and if I would have crashed(external forces implicated) - it would have most likely been my fault.
I have crashed twice in those 35 years- once a month after getting my license and promising my mom I would be careful. Zooming down Camillien Houde- racing a fresh new RZ350 with my RD400- I never learned how to brake properly, locked the rear and skidded to a nice low side- had road rash- damn that hurt and then I was OK. I was lucky then, my fault- no impact, reasonable speed. PS my mom never found out until 10 years later.

I crashed again on the race track in 1992- racing a AMA superbike race, last corner at Roebling Road Savannah- 200kph + flat out low sided- again- and broken a finger and sprained both ankles and the other wrist. Most painfully long ride back to Montreal.....

All of this to say- I have been lucky- as I have been on the track all these years. Its gambling for sure- the more you ride , the more you expose your self to the danger, but I approach it as a sport and I consider myself well trained and experienced, this diminishes the risks.
I rarely ride tired, I never ride when I had a beer and I always stay alert as if every bike ride was a challenging race to finish.

Certainly sucks for the young rider involved- I do sympathize, but damn some of these roads are dangerous as fuck. You cannot assume that someone with not cut in front of you- 2 fingers on the brakes all of the time and slow down through GREEN light intersections....That's what I do.
Knock on wood, let's no jinx ourselves.

Ok off to ride the KZ750.

And reading all this is why I barely ride in town anymore. I'm lucky enough to get out of my house and hit backroads right away north of Gatineau. I avoid going into town on my bike as much as I can. Less traffic = less morons looking at their cellphones. This has been my biggest issue so far.

This is for Ottawa/Gatineau, it will take something pretty damn special for me to even think about maybe looking into a possibility of riding my bike in Montreal...

And reading all this is why I barely ride in town anymore. I'm lucky enough to get out of my house and hit backroads right away north of Gatineau. I avoid going into town on my bike as much as I can. Less traffic = less morons looking at their cellphones. This has been my biggest issue so far.

This is for Ottawa/Gatineau, it will take something pretty damn special for me to even think about maybe looking into a possibility of riding my bike in Montreal...
Look at statistics (not sure we have those details though), pretty sure that most casualties happen on back roads or highways, not around town. Yes falling off your bike at 50kph hurts, but it's rarely lethal.

Look at statistics (not sure we have those details though), pretty sure that most casualties happen on back roads or highways, not around town. Yes falling off your bike at 50kph hurts, but it's rarely lethal.

20 years of riding experience tells me otherwise, maybe it has to do with who you are riding with and the speeds involved...

20 years of riding experience tells me otherwise, maybe it has to do with who you are riding with and the speeds involved...
When you live in Montreal and take one hour + to hit some backroads, it's usually not to ride at the speed limits. Add the fact that group rides usually happen during nice sunny weekends, when the roads are crowded with rv's, cyclists, etc.

Around town, the limit is now 40 almost everywhere, people are slow as fuck. I'm the hooligan passing people, they're not really a treat to my security. And people changing lane without doing their blind spot can be spotted a mile in advance.

I drive my bike daily in MTL. People are driving TOPS 70kmh when, and I mean WHEN there's no traffic. Remember, MTL lowered most speed limits to 30. Hard to die at those speeds.

Honestly, if I was living in mtl, I would sell the car and just keep the bike. Its much less stressful with a bike in the city; I don't have to worry about giving space to cyclists, and I can go around pedestrian easely, and see them all around. Love it.

When you live in Montreal and take one hour + to hit some backroads, it's usually not to ride at the speed limits. Add the fact that group rides usually happen on nice sunny weekends, when the roads are crowded with rv's, cyclists, etc.

There you go...

I just clocked 280kms with my wife today, all backroads, 70-90 zones, I dont think I went over 100 once, had a blast, so did my wife. There was little traffic this morning, slightly more this afternoon, mainly stressed out people in a hurry to get back home after "relaxing" at the cottage for a day or 2...

Around town, the limit is now 40 almost everywhere, people are slow as fuck. I'm the hooligan passing people, they're not really a treat to my security. And people changing lane without doing their blind spot can be spotted a mile in advance.

That's why I avoid in being peoples blind spot regardless of the situation. People are barely aware of where things are in their car, forget expecting them to know where that gray civic they just pass 2 seconds ago is or how far back that cyclist they saw at the intersection is now.

There you go...

I just clocked 280kms with my wife today, all backroads, 70-90 zones, I dont think I went over 100 once, had a blast, so did my wife. There was little traffic this morning, slightly more this afternoon, mainly stressed out people in a hurry to get back home after "relaxing" at the cottage for a day or 2...
J'ai pas de stats de moto seulement malheureusement, mais regarde pour l'ensemble. 31 morts à Montréal, cest deux fois moins que la Montérégie (population semblable) et moins que les Laurentides et Appalaches (3 fois moins de monde). La vitesse tue, pas les cônes oranges.
8095b3877c027101d4f3c285af06d01f.jpg

C'est les squids de Montréal qui vont se casser la geule en région justement :D

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

J'ai pas de stats de moto seulement malheureusement, mais regarde pour l'ensemble. 31 morts à Montréal, cest deux fois moins que la Montérégie (population semblable) et moins que les Laurentides et Appalaches (3 fois moins de monde). La vitesse tue, pas les cônes oranges.
//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170731/8095b3877c027101d4f3c285af06d01f.jpg

Deaths of just bikes is 40-50 a year for the province . So if 350 accidents happen and 50 are bikes.... that's a pretty high number considering that bikes are like 3% but make up 15% of deaths

Aussi Jaime mieux etre sur un Super Sport 1000cc qun harley ou un cruiser.

Un Super Sport ca brake en malade et ca accelere de meme.

Quelqun check pas son angle mort? Tu tourne la poignee et tu depasse a une vitesse incroyable.

Quelqun check pas son angle mort? Tu fourre les brakes et tu ralenti a une vitesse incroyable.

Je parle meme pas de la Tenue de Route et de la manibilite.

Un Custom ou un Cruiser sans puissance, Ca Brake comme dla marde, ca accelere pas tellement sur le highway et cest pas maniable comme un Super Sport.

^^

Tes au courant qu'un bike (même un SS) brake moins qu'un char...Le monde pense que parce que c'est légé ca brake 3x plus qu'un char lol, physics guys!

Back