Conductrice de 75 ans tue un jeune en moto

C'est pas nouveau des accidents mortels sur Boul. des Laurentides. Il y faudrait peut-être des responsables municipaux sortent leurs mains d'in fesses et puis qui demandent des modifications pour mettre des terre-pleins en béton.
X1000000 something needs to be done on this stretch of road. Also everyone speeds down that road

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

J'espère que rendu à 75 ans mes enfants vont m'enlever mes clés de char pi me pitcher un 10$ pour l'autobus parceque rendu à cet âge là ces Bin beau la liberté mais les reflex ne sont plus là.

Sent from my XT1563 using Tapatalk
Tu dois vivre au coin Papineau Rosemont pour dire des choses aussi innocente que ça.

Essai de prendre l'autobus à st-madeleine pour aller faire ton épicerie, pharmacie ou juste pour sortir et avoir un semblant de vie.

À 75 ans, BEAUCOUP de ses gens ont encore la capacité de conduire dans des villes banlieusarde sans problème. Cest en ville que sa se complique un peu, c'est pour ça qu'un test serait totalement justifier.

Tu dois vivre au coin Papineau Rosemont pour dire des choses aussi innocente que ça.

Essai de prendre l'autobus à st-madeleine pour aller faire ton épicerie, pharmacie ou juste pour sortir et avoir un semblant de vie.

À 75 ans, BEAUCOUP de ses gens ont encore la capacité de conduire dans des villes banlieusarde sans problème. Cest en ville que sa se complique un peu, c'est pour ça qu'un test serait totalement justifier.

Moi je serais plus d'accord que mes enfants m evaluent. Avec la passion que jai c est sur qu'ils l'auraient. Et ils seraient capable de dire check pops, stassez la. Sorry. Au pire j irais faire dla track avec les jeunes.... Lol.

Brother-in-law's friend's brother...
Way too young to go. I'm selling my bike now. Not because of this, but a combination of things. It's just too much risk.

Rest in peace Daniel. :(
Smart decision. I'd rather be deployed in Syria than ride a bike in Montreal. 2 accidents (both not my fault) in less than a year with my car that could have killed or injured me if I was on a bike.

J'espère que rendu à 75 ans mes enfants vont m'enlever mes clés de char pi me pitcher un 10$ pour l'autobus parceque rendu à cet âge là ces Bin beau la liberté mais les reflex ne sont plus là.

Sent from my XT1563 using Tapatalk

Je sais pas quel âge que t'as, mais il y a des chances que quand t'auras 75 ans ce sera des autos autonomes de toute façon.
Faque ça règle le problème :)

I will never drive a motorbike for that reason. I trust myself, but not the other drivers on the road. Every guy I know who owns or owned a bike, has gotten into an accident. Almost all of them with some form of life long (minor) physical problems. And every single one of those accidents wouldn't have caused a scratch if it was in a car and some wouldn't have happened as they would've been more noticeable to the other drivers.

Every guy I know who owns or owned a bike never got into an accident, myself and GF included. You reaaaaaally gotta drive preemptively with a bike and you should be fine.

Every guy I know who owns or owned a bike never got into an accident, myself and GF included. You reaaaaaally gotta drive preemptively with a bike and you should be fine.

I never got into an accident either, but reality is that after 7-8 years of driving preemptively .... I almost became paranoid (not kidding) ....

no more bike now... the last one I sold last summer... I had bought it the year before... rode it less than 300km.... just can't do it anymore after the dozens of times I almost got into an accident because of bad drivers

on a side note..... I think the SAAQ should require EVERYONE no matter the age to do an eye exam and bring the exam results back every 2 years.... that in itself would cut a massive amount of BS drivers....(including the ones over 65).... I mean YAY you made me do an eye exam at 16... no shit I passed... but at 40-50-60 whats to say my eyes are still good for driving at night or seeing at a distance ? lots of people are almost in denial at their sight problems

yes after 70 the risks are there.... but most dont drive at night/snow storms....I think the eye exam is a good start

I never got into an accident either, but reality is that after 7-8 years of driving preemptively .... I almost became paranoid (not kidding) ....

no more bike now... the last one I sold last summer... I had bought it the year before... rode it less than 300km.... just can't do it anymore after the dozens of times I almost got into an accident because of bad drivers

on a side note..... I think the SAAQ should require EVERYONE no matter the age to do an eye exam and bring the exam results back every 2 years.... that in itself would cut a massive amount of BS drivers....(including the ones over 65).... I mean YAY you made me do an eye exam at 16... no shit I passed... but at 40-50-60 whats to say my eyes are still good for driving at night or seeing at a distance ? lots of people are almost in denial at their sight problems

yes after 70 the risks are there.... but most dont drive at night/snow storms....I think the eye exam is a good start

This can't be the only reason why you sold your bike? I got 5 years of experience and the only accident I had to avoid was the usual guy who doesn't properly do his ''angles mort'' and gets in my lane. Which is super easy to avoid, as you either speed up or brake or just hug the left line as much as possible. We even plan on bringing our daughter with us once she's old enough. Can't stop doing what you like just because there is accidents on the news. Plenty of that with cars vs cars too.

The other ''scares'' I experienced was entirely my fault. I understand the paranoid part but maybe thats what makes you a good biker.

This can't be the only reason why you sold your bike? I got 5 years of experience and the only accident I had to avoid was the usual guy who doesn't properly do his ''angles mort'' and gets in my lane. Which is super easy to avoid, as you either speed up or brake or just hug the left line as much as possible. We even plan on bringing our daughter with us once she's old enough. Can't stop doing what you like just because there is accidents on the news. Plenty of that with cars vs cars too.

The other ''scares'' I experienced was entirely my fault. I understand the paranoid part but maybe thats what makes you a good biker.

I used to ride for years . But the last few years have been the worst in terms of people not paying attention . Sold my bike in the spring .

The guy who died had zero chance of avoiding the crash. He was riding up the road and a woman turned left right onto him. Doesn't matter if you're new to riding or Valentino Rossi , nothing you can do to avoid that .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I literally was not comfortable/enjoying rides anymore... I even tried a Harley a few years back for a season... still that same uneasy feeling

from 2004 to 2009 I'd say it was all good... loved the ride... couple close calls

from 2009 to 2016 it was on/off for me .... couple cars cut me off HARD!.... then people brake checking or trying to catch up to you/scare you with their cars cause you were going too "fast" for their liking or switched lanes in front of them

worst of all from 04-09 I was driving my bike like a madman not giving 2 shits....when I actually started being more defensive is when I got more of these retarded situations....

legit just called it quits after the Harley... then a final sports bike cause I saw my dream Ducati, rode it 300km and sold...

obviously having a 3 year old at home makes you think twice as well but even if he wasn't in the picture, I'd still feel the same uneasy feel

BTW with my Harley I almost flew off going straight on Decarie!... remember that huge hump on the left lane right before the 40/east ouest area..... hahaha that day I went home... parked the Harley and put it on sale

Just reading about everyone's experiences here confirms that I won't be getting a bike permit. Just not worth the risk, on top of the costs.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Just reading about everyone's experiences here confirms that I won't be getting a bike permit. Just not worth the risk, on top of the costs.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
To counter balance, I never had any close call.

Well, to each their own I guess. Might as well sell your bicycle at that point because thats also a high risk activity in city streets.

What I don't understand is I know alot of oldies who rode a bike for decades and still going on strong today. Whats different between you guys and them? The risk tolerence?

Back