Tesla P85d | 2-step nano coating | Detailed

cobrAAA

Shop Representative
This Tesla was treated with Opti-coat pro 2 years ago, I believe as the owner had to come back last year for a touch up worth close a few hundred. I'm told that this stuff is supposed to last at least 5 years right ? Water behavior don't tell the whole story, but it still gives some kind of indication and not to mention the scratches and swirls left on the paint.

I don't want to bash against Opti-coat pro, but the point I want to make is please do not buy the 5yr ( or more) durability of a ''pro'' products. Just trust a honest detailer like me that will offer you the best bang for buck. Because the truth is even IF THE PRODUCT LAST 5YRS, i guarantee there will be enough swirls marks on your paint that what will bug you is not the gloss/water behavior but the swirls marks. And once I polish them out, your coating is also gone. So what's the point of getting a coating that last +2yr when any car can benefit from a polishing at least every 2 years ?

Process:

2-step polish
Cquartz nano coating package

Initial condition ;

The paint needed a very coarse compound to be able to remove the marks on the paint, so obviously, I needed a final polish to clear that haze out.

Paint thickness show that the car has been repaint ;

The polishing and nano coating combination brought out all the depth of the paint and gave it extreme gloss :)

Pour une question de polissage réalisé à montreal.. alexandre.lemay @ hec . ca

For more info regarding this polishing job, detailing , done in the greater Montreal , please contact me at alexandre.lemay @ hec . ca

Back