Decarie Circle

gollum

Legacy Member
Does anyone know if they are planning more construction on the Decarie circle. For the past few months they've been digging up and piling a ton of dirt at the northern end right by the 40 West lane going northbound (if you look to your left).

Any clues? I can't find any info on the Transport Quebec site.

Ronin, je pense pas qu'ils ont le OK encore pour le 15/40.

Il me semblait que oui, ça a peut-être été bloqué à un autre niveau mais je trouve rien sur le web en ce sens. C'est le Quinze40 le nom du projet.

Do you have nothing else to think about besides the decarie exchange? 3 years later and you're still talking about it.

Do you have nothing else to think about besides the decarie exchange? 3 years later and you're still talking about it.

Nah, all I think about is Decarie, Decarie, Decarie....for 3 years straight. There's absolutely nothing else going on in my life.
It's an observation you fool, I am on the Decarie every morning and was curious as to what is going on, fortunately for now it's not impeding traffic. Why do you care if I keep bringing up Decarie, strange.

Does anyone know if they are planning more construction on the Decarie circle. For the past few months they've been digging up and piling a ton of dirt at the northern end right by the 40 West lane going northbound (if you look to your left).

Any clues? I can't find any info on the Transport Quebec site.
I've noticed too. I don't know what they're doing.

Sent from my XT1563 using Tapatalk

honestly I'm not sure which sector you're referring to but besides the quize40 development, there's also an other real estate development for that area on the northeast corner of decarie/40 (where cavalia usually sets up their tent)

honestly I'm not sure which sector you're referring to but besides the quize40 development, there's also an other real estate development for that area on the northeast corner of decarie/40 (where cavalia usually sets up their tent)
When you're driving northbound on Decarie expressway as you're taking the ramp to head westbound on the 40. As you're going around the curve if you look to your left there's a huge mound of dirt/rocks and some heavy machinery. Been there for months.

Sent from my XT1563 using Tapatalk

Spiter, It's quite literally within the circle. What is the latest with the 15/40 development anyway, last I remember reading it still had not been approved. No, not the Cavalia area.

See Streetview photos for what I am referring to;

Decarie1a.JPG

First image above as soopacharged already mentioned is the left lane of the Decarie Northbound heading for the 40W. You can see a pile of dirt off to the left.

Decarie2a.JPG

Second image is eastbound off the Cote de Liesse service road on the overpass that goes over the Decarie Expressway.

Decarie3a.JPG

Last image is the same work site from the other side (Westbound 40).

It probably the first decontamination of soil operations for the 15quarante project. Moving piles of dirt around and pretending they are toxic is a lucrative business nowadays.

It's part of what they dug\destroyed at the Turcot construction site, they bring it there to be processed before it gets moved to other locations. There's another similar site around the Angrignon exit on the 20.

It's part of what they dug\destroyed at the Turcot construction site, they bring it there to be processed before it gets moved to other locations. There's another similar site around the Angrignon exit on the 20.

If true it's ridiculous. Why add traffic in an area that is already running at 320% capacity 24/7 when we have a gzillion square kilometers all over the province to process that junk?

It's when I see things like this that I realize just how fucked up our province and city is.

a shopping mall on decarie? lol

lots-of-toy-cars-in-a-pile-ceff7a.jpg

I do see a lot of metal in those Streetview photos, if what you say is correct, then yes that is really messed up. How sure are you of this information?

Back