Montrealers raise eyebrows at $3.4-million granite 'stumps' on Mount Royal

I don't like the attitude of our mayor his arrogance his stubbornness and the way he is taking my tax dollars and spending them on things I feel don't benefit me or my fellow Montrealers. Lights on a bridge, granite stumps a rodeo, 55 million dollar walk way to the Old Port and so on and so forth. There is plenty more to mention and I don't think I'm the only person who feels his spending is out of control. I'm happy to give my vote to Valerie Plante and Projet Montreal where I feel she actually cares about us Montrealers and not her ego.

It's not because you don't perceive there to be value that there isn't any. I agree the Rodeo and the stumps are stupid. But many of these projects will actually benefit locals. The promenade fleuve-montagne is underwhelming but the stretch on McTavish is a really pleasant place to be enjoyed by all.

Is there a lot of money being spent, sure but not nearly as much everyone likes to believe. Out of the $1B figure everyone is touting only $125M is actually coming out of city's budget on events that won't have legacy.

I don't like the attitude of our mayor his arrogance his stubbornness and the way he is taking my tax dollars and spending them on things I feel don't benefit me or my fellow Montrealers. Lights on a bridge, granite stumps a rodeo, 55 million dollar walk way to the Old Port and so on and so forth. There is plenty more to mention and I don't think I'm the only person who feels his spending is out of control. I'm happy to give my vote to Valerie Plante and Projet Montreal where I feel she actually cares about us Montrealers and not her ego.

idem pour l'autre bout de la 20. labeaume yé temps qui sorte de là. promesse en l'air depuis le jour 1.

spending tax money in the most judgemental city in the world ... damn ... who would want this job??

If lets say for fun, Celine Dion was Mayor ... 50% of the people would complain and find a reason to bitch. She is a widow, she is too skinny, she went to the US to make money ... blah blah

Being the mayor of Montreal is NOT easy.
Mafia on your ass, RCMP and SQ telling you to keep your mouth closed on certain 'illegal' activites, then act surprised after dirty laundry is exposed, being involved with Government issued contracts and choosing between top 3 choices on hospitals, bridges, roads ... what else ?

I would never want this job.
Stressed out that his balls stopped working a long time ago, he is a Depends man now.

GQ151111_Elysia_848x480_564799555968.jpg

something smells funny here

^^ agreed. It's some big shoes to fill, and people are very critical about how their money is handled.

...but still, there are many things I disagree with but accept anyway...but I feel like there are too many times I think to myself "you really tried hard to find the worse possible way to blow my money, didn't you..."

J'habite à Montréal. J'ai une unifamiliale ancestrale au centre-ville avec un gros terrain et deux stationnements. Des taxes, j'en paie en criss.

J'ai deux voitures et je conduit tout les jours. Je suis bien d'accord que les routes sont en état misérable, mais garder l'asphalte parfaitement lisse pour les automobilistes n'est pas le seul mandat d'une ville. Faut vraiment avoir une vision étroite d'une ville si tu utilise constamment cet argument pour justifier que d'autres dépenses sont excessives.

Je pense que Coderre fait une criss de belle job pour vrai. Oui ça coûte cher embellir des parcs, construire des promenades, organiser des célébrations, et illuminer un pont. Mais c'est facile de trouver des grosses dépenses et pointer le doigt au maire; les dépenses d'une ville sont énormes, et tout coûte cher tout le temps anyways.

Mais honnêtement la ville s'est amélioré en général. Saint-Laurent a une nouvelle vie. Le Pont-Jacques Cartier est magnifique. Le quartier des spectacles est toujours loadé avec du monde. Ça parait que Coderre donne un effort sérieux pour améliorer Montréal. Es-ce que c'est parfait? Non. Es-ce que j'aurais fait pareil? Non. Mais j'admire un homme qui fonce, et je trouve qu'il bûche en esti Coderre. Pas facile non plus être constamment le bouc émissaire pour te ce qui est mauvais de Montréal, je l'applaudi de pas avoir tout crissé là.

Indeed, the picture is bigger than the spendings.

well this year is expected to be the top year for tourism since we hosted expo67. So yes millions of tourists from all over the world are coming.

It's all forecast. it's hot air. the easy way to justify spending is to pay someone to say there will be an increase in tourism and boom! extra budget.
The bit O was supposed to do that too. Let me know how that worked out... and that did attract tourists as it wasn't granite stumps and leds on a bridge.

Back