Aware me on 328xi e90

Toze

07 E90 coupe manual, sport package

What to look for? Are they good cars or lemons

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

They're bmw..old school interior, great engines but everything else is shit, will break down and cost you a fortune to maintain. But on the positive side they will turn you into a mechanic after your first visit at a garage...

I heard that @73vette provides great coffee for his BMW clientèle.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

07 E90 coupe manual, sport package

What to look for? Are they good cars or lemons

They aren't all that bad at all. Quite reliable actually. '07 335....complete different ball game.

If there is one in particular you are interested in buying, give us a call at the shop we'll gladly schedule you for a PPI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They're bmw..old school interior, great engines but everything else is shit, will break down and cost you a fortune to maintain. But on the positive side they will turn you into a mechanic after your first visit at a garage...
Bon un autre raconteux de oui-dire d'internet. Je suis prêt à gagner un petit 20 que t'en a jamais eu une.

Ils sont plus cher à maintenir qu'une Civic, c'est certains. Mais s'il y a une BMW fiable, c'est bien une 328 e9x. Le moteur est old school (n/a i6) mais il a fait ses preuves en masse. Mais malgré tout, je regarderais pour une avec un bon historique d'entretiens, par expérience, essayer d'en ramener une qui a été négligée, ça peut être coûteux et chiant. Mais ça c'est à peu près le cas de n'importe quelle voiture que tu essaye de ramener propre après plusieurs années de négligence...!

I don't think they are too unreliable for a BMW. But you will eventually get a plastic flap that breaks and stops the car from working and will cost you $1400 to replace.

il y a eu plusieurs post, et j'ai fait beaucoup de recherche je voulais absolument une e91. Fiable pour une BMW. Pas puissant le n52, prend manuelle.
Beau son.
Les problèmes que tu vas avoir certain : expansion tank qui leak. Et pompe à eau qui lâche.

La pompe à eau est plus problématique, car ca prend un towing.

Très peu de bolt-on pour du power gain. Ces moteurs sont assez optimiser. Un exhasut, intake, light wight everything et une ''tune'' buger tuning, tu gagne à peine 1 seconde sur le 1/4.
(pis la tune buger tuning c'est 50/50 les reviews, yen a qui disent que c'Est pacébo, car ca recalibre la pédale/throttle body, reste que c'Est un must car la pédale n'est pas linéaire, tu pèse, tu pèse pas de power. Et un moment donné ca commence. On dirait un lag)

Sinon un intake/tête complet de 330, tu vas aller chercher un peu de power.
Pas bon HP/$ ratio en modif.

Entretiens raisonnable, car yen a une tonne sur le marché.

Attention ! pas mal tout les vendeurs crosseurs vont te dire qu'elle sont ''full equip'', mais yen a juste que quelques très rares exemplaires vraiment fullll. ( M pack, sport pack, executive pack, nav pack, etc)
Une e91 full c'était presque le prix d'une M3, c'est pour ca que personne prenais ca.
Pis la pluspart des e90 étaient en location (pas équipé) avec les supers avantages de locations BMW.

il y a eu plusieurs post, et j'ai fait beaucoup de recherche je voulais absolument une e91. Fiable pour une BMW. Pas puissant le n52, prend manuelle.
Beau son.
Les problèmes que tu vas avoir certain : expansion tank qui leak. Et pompe à eau qui lâche.

La pompe à eau est plus problématique, car ca prend un towing.

Très peu de bolt-on pour du power gain. Ces moteurs sont assez optimiser. Un exhasut, intake, light wight everything et une ''tune'' buger tuning, tu gagne à peine 1 seconde sur le 1/4.
(pis la tune buger tuning c'est 50/50 les reviews, yen a qui disent que c'Est pacébo, car ca recalibre la pédale/throttle body, reste que c'Est un must car la pédale n'est pas linéaire, tu pèse, tu pèse pas de power. Et un moment donné ca commence. On dirait un lag)

Sinon un intake/tête complet de 330, tu vas aller chercher un peu de power.
Pas bon HP/$ ratio en modif.

Entretiens raisonnable, car yen a une tonne sur le marché.

Attention ! pas mal tout les vendeurs crosseurs vont te dire qu'elle sont ''full equip'', mais yen a juste que quelques très rares exemplaires vraiment fullll. ( M pack, sport pack, executive pack, nav pack, etc)
Une e91 full c'était presque le prix d'une M3, c'est pour ca que personne prenais ca.
Pis la pluspart des e90 étaient en location (pas équipé) avec les supers avantages de locations BMW.

Expansion tank qui leak ? C'est fini cette histoire depuis le E46.

I had an E90 328xi.... was extremely reliable... the new owner is actually on MR now and I talk to him quite often, he's had a few small repairs here and there, but nothing out of the ordinary

most people saying that a BMW costs a lot to maintain obviously never had one and at the end of the day when you decide to drive a more expensive car, aren't you expecting to pay more for the repairs ? lol never understood people saying OMG BMW/MERC cost a lot to maintain... well go buy yourself a boring Lexus then

I would get an LCI though, not the pre LCI ones but obviously it depends on your budget as well

I had the chance to rent one (2011 though) while I was in Atlanta this summer, the car handles really well and before you can look down you're doing 140km/h without noticing.
I cannot comment on the reliability but it's certainly a blast to drive. One thing I didn't like was the seat, I find it too hard for my taste especially that I had to drive 2 hours non-stop on a highway.

E90s with N52s are quite reliable,
X drives have more "stuff" which can break compared to RWD, Transfer case actuator, front axels, bearings, suspension is a little different compared to RWD and if you want to "drop" it you may pay a little more and you can not slam it as much unless you want to change front axels every year.

Good cars though, fun to drive, slow but fun, also goodish on gas.

God I hate it when people,

#1 think i'm rich because I own old bimmers

#2 think i'm rich because I can maintain old bimmers

It's reallllly not that bad when you take time to shop your parts annnd if you do some stuff by yourself.

Can't go wrong with a natural aspirated bmw engine

Thanks for the answers, just waiting for an answer from the seller. I'm actually looking forward to trying it out

No turbo which is good.

It's honestly mostly maintenance stuff that goes wrong. However be prepared to replace a valve cover sooner or later. They're plastic and tend to crack. As stated water pump and thermostat are regular issues. Thrust rod bushings, tie rods, wheel bearings. But again, that's maintenance stuff.

Water pump is being done before the sale

I say go for it. Get it inspected by Greg before buying and make sure he has maintenance records and enjoy.

I say go for it. Get it inspected by Greg before buying and make sure he has maintenance records and enjoy.

I second that, if Greg says go for it, then at least you have that extra assurance his experienced eyes and hands have fondled your car before you purchased her

Yep, we did a ppi for a customer today on a RS4 that prob saved the customer 3k (nothing major, just suspension components) and everyone has piece of mind.

I already told him to go see greg lol hey where is my sponsorship @73vette i was the one who sent Antoine with the 350z as well ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I already told him to go see greg lol hey where is my sponsorship @73vette i was the one who sent Antoine with the 350z as well ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Antoine is a super nice guy! Thanks!

Unfortunately, I only sponsor race teams, however...you can rest assured, whatever you need next, you will be taken care of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back