Car brand with best seats for long drives?

If ya need a plug for ovloV, you know who to ask.

FYI: have you really dicked around with all the features of the seating adjustements in your E klass?

I know it's a big age difference but my E (w124) is super comfy even after 1500 straight km's. I just recently discovered that I can make the back support shorter or taller and wider, with 3 little buttons that... I NEVER F'N SAW... After all these years.

This thread makes my palms sweaty.

Good luck OP

Volvo has best seat of the industry so if that'S your criteria, then no issue.

There is currently no current gen under $50k, but I saw a few for $53-55k 2016s so you might bargain under your price.

I have a 2008 with 3 kids (all in full size kids seats) and a dog and we are impressed by the capacity. We'Re going on a 4200km road trip next week and it'S the perfect vehicle.

You remove a child seat every time you access the third row? Or you simply don't use it?

You remove a child seat every time you access the third row? Or you simply don't use it?
I put two kids in the 3rd row, one center 2nd row.

I can then bring two more adults by lifting the two other seats 2nd row, or lay them flat 90% of the time for the dog/cooler.

If I have a big thing to bring, I love one kid from. 3rd row to 2nd so I have all that extra space and still reach all 3 kids seats. They are not old enough to buckle/unbuckle so I have to reach them.

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk

Funny cuz I just came back from a trip to grand bend +- 2 hours east pas Toronto so about an 8hour drive to go and it took me 11 hours to come back because of traffic on the 417 in a Toyota Sienna... my back was fine and this is one of the best van's I have ever driven.

I put two kids in the 3rd row, one center 2nd row.

I can then bring two more adults by lifting the two other seats 2nd row, or lay them flat 90% of the time for the dog/cooler.

If I have a big thing to bring, I love one kid from. 3rd row to 2nd so I have all that extra space and still reach all 3 kids seats. They are not old enough to buckle/unbuckle so I have to reach them.

Our current arrangement is two kids in the center row and one in the third. My girlfriend likes having the two youngest one closer by... To keep this arrangement and to avoid having to remove/reinstall seats all the time, we'd need a model with captain seats in the second row, allowing access to the third row through the center. This reduces the options furthermore. Sacrifices will need to be made!

Depends on your build I guess. The flat and wide seats don't provide any support for us... we might also just be getting old!

With a rear facing child seat, quite impossible to walk in front of the seat to access middle spot, no?

Je vois pas comment tu peux passer devant ton kid avec un banc d'auto pour aller au centre. Avec une caravan tu peux partir d'en avant.

images

Current gen or previous gen XC90?

the 1st generation goes from 2002 to 2014 with a couple of facelifts in the process, the new generation is 2014-ongoing.

For myself i have a 2009 XC90 V8 R-Design 7 passengers.

I'll be honest, the 3rd is a bit on the small space. im lucky my wife is asian so when we went to Niagara with the wife, my son and the in-laws we didnt have any ''fitment'' issues.
We also had space for the luggages for the 5 of us in the trunk. But besides kids (16-under) or small person, i wouldnt be at ease for a long ride.
The middle row is more than spacious, and the 3 seats are adjustable.

I have an ECU tune and exhaust system and manage 10.9L/100km on the highway. Which is respectful.
I'm not really looking at the city driving consumption, because i did'nt purchase this vehicule because of it's fuel economy.
It does what i want and i assume it entirely, so no whining from my part on the fact it drinks like a Viking enjoying a feast after rampaging thru a village.

Last edited:
BTW, you can forget about the Infiniti QX60, I had one as a courtesy car when my car was in for service and the seats were terrible, flat and wide with no support.

I've read good reviews on the MDX as well. I actually did sit in one for a 20 minute drive and yes, they were very comfortable.

In all honesty however, after owning a first gen XC90 for 9 years, I simply can't recommend them. It cost me so much in repairs, it was really bad. However, my brother in law's (also first gen) XC90 is completely trouble free.

2008+ is much better than 2007-
Not sure which year you had?

I didnt see the Lexus LX570 nor the Ford Flex mentioned. I did a small road trip in a Flex and it was comfy and roomy.

probleme de dos ici et caravan avec siege en cuir et je suis bien en svp meme apres un 6-8 heures. sur la 2010 avec siege ordinaire c'était plus rough pas mal. j'imagine que c'est encore les meme siege aujourd'hui dans les versions de base.

Ta Sienna a-t-elle les sieges de base ou premium ?

probleme de dos ici et caravan avec siege en cuir et je suis bien en svp meme apres un 6-8 heures. sur la 2010 avec siege ordinaire c'était plus rough pas mal. j'imagine que c'est encore les meme siege aujourd'hui dans les versions de base.

Ta Sienna a-t-elle les sieges de base ou premium ?
Non pas les même sièges depuis 2011. J'ai fait 2500km avec un Caravan de base et ça allait sans être wow, très probablement les mêmes sièges que les tiens mais sans cuir et avec 1-2 réglage de moins

Back