Chile / Argentine - Patagonia

Dibbs

Hello MR.

Anybody been to the Chilean / Argentinean Patagonia?

Will be spending a few days there and any trip planning help would be great.

Thanks

Chilean side is nicer if you plan on doing multi-day trips into the wilderness, but getting around in Chile can a be a PITA.

Knowing that you enjoy wine and have a preference for advantageous exchange rates (although I'm not sure what the blue rate is now), I think Mendoza in Argentina is a must stop, amazing wine and great day trips into nature without commiting too much to the wilderness stuff. (i'm assuming this is a post-'event' trip)

If you have 7ish days I'd say Santiago-Mendoza-Buenos Aires. You won't have technically been to Patagonia but you'll have seen enough mountains and drank enough wine and eaten enough Argentinian beef to not feel cheated.

Right now the itinerary is: Buenos Aires, Mendoza and then Punto Arenas. In 21 days, roughly split equally between the 3 destinations.

I was kind of looking for that confirmation that I'm better to spend a few days in Torres del Paine rather than on the Argentinean side.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Right now the itinerary is: Buenos Aires, Mendoza and then Punto Arenas. In 21 days, roughly split equally between the 3 destinations.

I was kind of looking for that confirmation that I'm better to spend a few days in Torres del Paine rather than on the Argentinean side.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

honestly, sound's perfect, 7 days in Buenos Aires might be a bit much but if you get bored you can just hop on a ferry to Montevideo. Even 7 days in Mendoza might be a bit much but that largely depends on what pace you travel at, you could easily spend a day doing sweet fucking nothing and 2 days just visiting vineyards.

If you can some how get yourself a reservation at one of mallmann's restaurant, fuck you because I couldn't.

Mallmann's a nut case! I'm guilty of having re-watched his Chef's table last weekend.

We're trying to book Tegui in Buenos Aires, I think they made it to the global top 50. I've been monitoring his website to get the reservation.

Mallmann's a nut case! I'm guilty of having re-watched his Chef's table last weekend.

We're trying to book Tegui in Buenos Aires, I think they made it to the global top 50. I've been monitoring his website to get the reservation.

If you haven't already go watch his episode when he was on The Mind of a Chef, I think it's on Netflix (Season 3, Episode 3). It just makes you want to start a fire in the middle of Patagonia and cook shit (probably don't do this)

If we spend 7 days in Mendoza, do you have any recommendations of day trips?

Well I went mountain biking for a day but you could also go horse back riding if it's more your style. You can head up into the Andes and hike in Aconcagua park.

I have a friend that went hiking to Laguna del Diamante (haven't been).

In Mendoza, Casa el enemigo tour + a meal is a must.

Booked my tickets... YUL to EZE through MEX and back, 20 days total.

not bad.jpeg

you think they serve tacos on the flight?

Any stuff to see between BA and Mendoza? Is the road trip worth it? Or should I book flights?

I already booked a table for 2 on December 23 at Francis Malmann's Patagonia Sur in Buenos Aires. :bigup:

I'm landing Dec 26. You should check out Tegui too.

MR meet in Buenos Aires?

edit: booked at Patagonia Sur on Jan 13th. jajajaj

edit 2: just got confirmation for 1884 Reservas on Jan 4th! jajajaja

Last edited:
fuck both of you, might have to book an other trip to argentina soon. Also fly to mendoza, don't think there's anything to see on that drive.

I'm landing Dec 26. You should check out Tegui too.

MR meet in Buenos Aires?

edit: booked at Patagonia Sur on Jan 13th. jajajaj

edit 2: just got confirmation for 1884 Reservas on Jan 4th! jajajaja

I will on be a cruise ship. I am leaving Buenos Aires on the 24th.

By the way, I paid a non-refundable guarantee fee of $310 just to book the table at the Patagonia Sur. They will apply it against my bill. It looks like it is a little bit on the expensive side.

By the way, I paid a non-refundable guarantee fee of $310 just to book the table at the Patagonia Sur. They will apply it against my bill. It looks like it is a little bit on the expensive side.

yeah, it's an ARS4,000 deposit. more expensive than Tegui for sure.

Yea pretty much all higher end restos require a deposit on CC in case you no show. But who cares what it costs, your on vacation and judging by that list of cars won't be slumming it around in a hostel so enjoy!

My gf wants to go visit friends in Buenos Aries by 2019, I told her just give me dates! Got to order my Falklands Islands T shirt

Back