LGBT+++ and mental health... where does it begin or stop?

"It is estimated that about 0.005% to 0.014% of people assigned male at birth and 0.002% to 0.003% of people assigned female at birth would be diagnosed with gender dysphoria."

Almost 50% of them commit suicide, the suicides stay pretty much the same percentage even with the ones that got their sex change operation.

But we still pretend that it's normal and make up laws in the name of protecting them from others instead of finding ways to protect them from themselves.

Just like every other social issue, the big problem is that you can't openly talk about it. That Google engineer that got shit canned for using a documented behavioral study to support a point about women being more interested in people than objects to support his claim that men tend to make better software engineers is all anyone needs to look to. The vast majority of people don't want to understand issues and ask questions. They want to be told what to think and how to react. So when the CNN news anchor comes on the air and says that a male Google software engineer got fired for spreading sexist rhetoric via an internal memo, thats all people absorb. The part about him basing his memo on a reputable published behavioral study, or that he never actually said anything derogatory about women doesn't make it out there. This guy from Google was legitimately trying to talk about workplace gender bias and understand it's genesis. The masses want to rile up and go scream about how unfair all of this is on Facebook, and how this guy should be strung up and lynched. The same goes for anything gender related. If you try to ask questions and understand the underlying issues, you are immediately labeled and publicly shamed for being racist, sexist, homophobic, etc. The sad part in all of this, is that it will only get worse as more and more of the critical thinkers withdraw from trying to ask questions and get to some form of social understanding.

It's the same thing with the homeless.

Come on...There is a VAST majority of homeless people who want out of their situation but are held back by issues, that to them, are giant hurdles, letting them sink in a spiral of shit (depression, drug, mental issues...). Very troubling example... how can we demand a physical home address to a homeless person in order to provide him/her with a social security check to allow them to subsist and keep their head out of the water?

In a age where we see overly active kids as having mental issues and requiring medication, I'm not really surprised that many want to treat people who don't associate with what in their jock the same, as mental cases.

Religion is also probably very much to blame here.

IRL, I don't think I've ever met an "animal-person" or any of the really weird "gender" ( I do know a few trans-gender though), yet, in more conservative circles, you hear about them all the time. I think the issue is grossly overrated and feels like some kind of self feeding bush fire.

Just like every other social issue, the big problem is that you can't openly talk about it. That Google engineer that got shit canned for using a documented behavioral study to support a point about women being more interested in people than objects to support his claim that men tend to make better software engineers is all anyone needs to look to. The vast majority of people don't want to understand issues and ask questions. They want to be told what to think and how to react. So when the CNN news anchor comes on the air and says that a male Google software engineer got fired for spreading sexist rhetoric via an internal memo, thats all people absorb. The part about him basing his memo on a reputable published behavioral study, or that he never actually said anything derogatory about women doesn't make it out there. This guy from Google was legitimately trying to talk about workplace gender bias and understand it's genesis. The masses want to rile up and go scream about how unfair all of this is on Facebook, and how this guy should be strung up and lynched. The same goes for anything gender related. If you try to ask questions and understand the underlying issues, you are immediately labeled and publicly shamed for being racist, sexist, homophobic, etc. The sad part in all of this, is that it will only get worse as more and more of the critical thinkers withdraw from trying to ask questions and get to some form of social understanding.

fuck yes

Yet, in every studies that I have seen and by the mouth of most scientist that have studied gender or racial difference in terms of IQ and other intellect base task, the difference are not big enough to warrant discrimination. Even Charles A. Murray, the author of the infamous book "The Bell Curve" mentions this (his study was more about ethnic group/"race" though, not gender if I remember right).

He gave a pretty candid interview to Sam Harris a few months ago, worth the listening.

https://www.samharris.org/podcast/item/forbidden-knowledge

Yet it did not stop racists and sexists from using that book as fuel for their hate fire.

Yet, in every studies that I have seen and by the mouth of most scientist that have studied gender or racial difference in terms of IQ and other intellect base task, the difference are not big enough to warrant discrimination. Even Charles A. Murray, the author of the infamous book "The Bell Curve" mentions this (his study was more about ethnic group/"race" though, not gender if I remember right).

He gave a pretty candid interview to Sam Harris a few months ago, worth the listening.

https://www.samharris.org/podcast/item/forbidden-knowledge

Yet it did not stop racists and sexists from using that book as fuel for their hate fire.

It's not about warranting discrimination. It's about trying to figure out why women are better at certain things and men better at other things.

There is a good reason. Do I know it? Not exactly. But just the idea of trying to figure out why or saying that such a problem exists will make liberals label you as a racist, sexist, nazi, etc.

I myself will never believe men or women are equal. We are not better or superior to women, but we are not equal. We are too different to say that.

Same for blacks, whites, asians, latinos.
For example blacks are in general much more athletic than the other races. They outperform every other race in sports.

Si tu es gay, c'est psychologique : tu aimes les hommes, good for you.
Si tu trippes sur les pieds ou te déguiser en bébé, c'est psychologique, good for you.
etc, etc.

Mais tabarnaque, ton sexe ça dépasse le niveau psychologique. C'est biologique. Tu as des chromosomes qui définissent ce que tu es avant même que tu aies une conscience. Y'a rien qui peut changer ça. T'es une femme ou t'es un homme, point. Si tu veux t'habiller comme une fille et faire des choses de fille, well good for you. Mais vient pas dire que tu ES une femme, c'est pas le cas. Et force surtout pas personne à te considérer comme une femme.

I agree with your point, but the Google example is a poor one. Google is being sued right now for gender/pay descrimination. Firing this dude was as much about not accepting his view point as it was protecting your ass in litigation. If you kept this dude on staff, then you're just setting up to get ass fucked, they'll argue that google is fostering these ideas in its work environment.

It's about trying to figure out why women are better at certain things and men better at other things.

This. And the biggest argument pro-diversity activists make is that a company will gain a competitive advantage by hiring minorities and women because these people bring a different point of view. So they admit not all groups are the same.

Just a few months ago, there was an article on mainstream media about how every bank in Iceland went bankrupt after the crash except one bank that was ran by women. It was said that women are more conservative and take less stupid risks. Of course, those articles that underlined the differences between men and women were not deemed sexist...

It's not about warranting discrimination. It's about trying to figure out why women are better at certain things and men better at other things.

There is a good reason. Do I know it? Not exactly. But just the idea of trying to figure out why or saying that such a problem exists will make liberals label you as a racist, sexist, nazi, etc.

I myself will never believe men or women are equal. We are not better or superior to women, but we are not equal. We are too different to say that.

Same for blacks, whites, asians, latinos.
For example blacks are in general much more athletic than the other races. They outperform every other race in sports.

There are physical and biological differences between genders and race, that's just a scientific fact, but for as much as we know about the human body we know surprisingly very little about the human mind, that's why I'm weary of people saying x or y person are predisposed to such and such behaviour or these human trains as it relates to behaviour because frankly we don't know enough about the brain to be making such assumption.

Si tu es gay, c'est psychologique : tu aimes les hommes, good for you.
Si tu trippes sur les pieds ou te déguiser en bébé, c'est psychologique, good for you.
etc, etc.

Mais tabarnaque, ton sexe ça dépasse le niveau psychologique. C'est biologique. Tu as des chromosomes qui définissent ce que tu es avant même que tu aies une conscience. Y'a rien qui peut changer ça. T'es une femme ou t'es un homme, point. Si tu veux t'habiller comme une fille et faire des choses de fille, well good for you. Mais vient pas dire que tu ES une femme, c'est pas le cas. Et force surtout pas personne à te considérer comme une femme.

ta pas d'ovaire, ta pas d'utérus, t'es pas une femme, tes un transgenre, ca devrait etre simple de meme.

Même s'il se définit comme un hélcoptere appache, tu as pas cette option la , tu es une femme ou un homme thats it. Choisi ton camps. Copaine.

They outperform every other race in sports.

That is a perception biase and it actually marks my point. You need to be at the very extreme of the performance chart to see an actual impact to the small difference that exists. An extreme in competition level (Olympic or top knotch pro-sports) that is irrelevant to the masses, yet, overly abused as an example to point racial/sexists differences. Again, this is the point Charles Murray was making...

I don't think that the engineering corp of Google, at large, is comparable to the "olympic of engineering" as it is such a huge company that it will accept employees of varying level of knowledge, it's not the holy grail of the best of the best.

This is where that employee was very wrong.

I'm always amazed by people who go out of their way to feel offended by things that don't concern them at all.
Wait, what kind of absurd comment is this.

We live in a society governed by various social constructs, rules, etc.

Granting individuals with freedoms is fine, but the subsequent necessity to reshape our constructs is everybody's business...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

reshape our constructs is everybody's business...

Creating and reshaping our "construct" is also how we evolved away from animals and will maybe evolve to higher levels, they are flexible and ever changing. These "constructed" are not engraved on a slab of stone handed to us by God almighty.

Creating and reshaping our "construct" is also how we evolved away from animals and will maybe evolve to higher levels, they are flexible and ever changing. These "constructed" are not engraved on a slab of stone handed to us by God almighty.
Yes, in case you are trying to misquote me, this is not the point I am making.

The point I was making is that reshaping our social constructs, rules, etc., is everybody's business. It was to be interpreted as a response to our friend spaceman spiff who believes we are discussing something that is not of concern to us.

If we choose as a society to go one way or another, then we are making progress.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Back