Revo Tune for B8 S4

seph213

Hi guys .

Anyone has the revo Tune stage 1+(pulley) on the B8 S4 ?

Is the torque really higher than APR and unitronic like advertised on their website or did i read that wrong ?

How you like the tune ?

I've driven, Uni, GIAC and Revo stage 2 S4. Not true back to back within a week kind of test so memory can play tricks, but honestly I didn't felt any difference LOL... I mean, they are all ''universal canned'' tuned right ? So after 7 years, I like to think that any tuner did bought competitor tune jsut to compare to theirs and are all very similar. If anything I was a bit let down by giac because I thought they were the most aggressive/powerful tune, yet it didn't feel any more powerful than the other. Good mention tho the car with the giac is a B8 with 200,000km ( maybe the engine is not as healthy as the other one I tried.)

stage 1 and stage 2 are all very common and only require the smaller 57mm pulley which everyone has. Some might have a full exhaust/intake/cooling that could add between 15-30whp depending on brand/condition/maintenance/Carbon build up.

Just go with the cheaper and/or your favorite tuning shop ;

APR : Vag
GIac: ekperformance
revo : rombotis
uni : everywhere (lol)

Thanks for the input Cobraaa ,

From reading the interwebs it seems the revo tune is the agressive one since the torque reach's 400+ with a stage 2 tune. All other tuners don't go over 380-389

That's why i asked if anyone had a Revo tune on their B8 .

I tried calling Rombotis many times to see if they have the numbers but they never answer . Are they still in business ?

Thanks for the input Cobraaa ,

From reading the interwebs it seems the revo tune is the agressive one since the torque reach's 400+ with a stage 2 tune. All other tuners don't go over 380-389

That's why i asked if anyone had a Revo tune on their B8 .

I tried calling Rombotis many times to see if they have the numbers but they never answer . Are they still in business ?

still in business for sure. too busy maybe ..

You should know, dyno reading dont tell everything especially when you think that they all use different type of dyno, calibrate it differently and weather is, obviously, different.

As I said, I drove a revo s4 literally 10 days ago and I wasn't blow away. In other word, if they are more aggresive than other, I didn't feel it.

Really, don't get too caught up with dyno graph. If you wish to go stage 3 one day, then Uni don't have a dual pulley tune yet.. so they are out of pictures. If you wish to go stage3+ with TB, then your only choice is APR.. if you just want stage 2, then the choice is pretty wide, go with the one you can reach easier at this point.

Rombotis Tuning is still in business. However, their main guy, Mike is on vacation till next wk.

still in business for sure. too busy maybe ..

You should know, dyno reading dont tell everything especially when you think that they all use different type of dyno, calibrate it differently and weather is, obviously, different.

As I said, I drove a revo s4 literally 10 days ago and I wasn't blow away. In other word, if they are more aggresive than other, I didn't feel it.

Really, don't get too caught up with dyno graph. If you wish to go stage 3 one day, then Uni don't have a dual pulley tune yet.. so they are out of pictures. If you wish to go stage3+ with TB, then your only choice is APR.. if you just want stage 2, then the choice is pretty wide, go with the one you can reach easier at this point.

Ideally i would go with APR but Vag was charging me a lot for that and i don't know any other APR dealer so it's out of the question , only choice left would be uni or revo .

I was thinking going dual pulley but it's way 2 much money casue i would Have to change both crank pulleys and that's not cheap . i'll stick with tune and SC pulley . UNi comes out at 2300$ at vag for stage 2+ .

If revo comes out cheaper and gives the same performance i'll go with that .

Ideally i would go with APR but Vag was charging me a lot for that and i don't know any other APR dealer so it's out of the question , only choice left would be uni or revo .

I was thinking going dual pulley but it's way 2 much money casue i would Have to change both crank pulleys and that's not cheap . i'll stick with tune and SC pulley . UNi comes out at 2300$ at vag for stage 2+ .

If revo comes out cheaper and gives the same performance i'll go with that .

yep APR is very expensive.. its like the apple of the german tuning haha.

Holy thread revival batman !!!!!!!

So years later i finally decided to stage 2+ the S4 with unitronic

Have to say i’m very confused ... it’s not the night and day the interwebz says it to be. It feels a bit faster but seriously its really minor

Anyone that went from stock > stage 2+ can comment on the change ?

I’m thinking maybe they forgot to flash the car ?

What would happen if they change the SC pulley without flashing the ecu to stage 2 ?

Maybe i was expecting 2 much ? Is 100hp and 50 torque that much of a difference ?

Ah c'est bon a savoir... J'avais lintention d'aller avec la tune d'APR stage 2 avec le dual pulley mais de rester avec le 91 doctane. Sur leur site internet il dise que sa donne 112 hp de plus... Je sais pas si tu attends pas mal plus la poulie ce faire aller a au RPM.... :) ?

Back