ITT: Your car rental stories

I'll start

In Ireland, I've rent an Opel Insigna diesel 6spds, and I've beat the shit out of it non strop during 2000km. I seriously had a blast

In Italy, I've rent a Fiat 500L diesel. The shit was soo slow that it was dangerous to ride in on highway. However, I manage to drift it in campagna

Location Kiroule Chevy 1500 pick up Truck: Off-road lulz

July 2017
All over Switzerland, German autobahn
BMW 420d xdrive

230km/h happens very quickly and it's really uneventful

Il n'y avait pas un membre de MR qui avait loué une Chevy Impala pour remplacer son bloc qui cognait sur la sienne?... Il l'avait loué genre 2 jours pour ramener avec le moteur qui claque par après lol

Did 2 smoke shows in Maui with a Dodge Challenger RT only 15 minutes before bringing it back to the rental compagny.

Did 3 lapping nights at Autodrome St-Eustache with a rental BMW 323i while I was waiting for some OEM parts from Germany for my first E46 M3. I put my track wheels with Advan A048 on the rental for 3 weeks.

Courtoisie chez Procolor, il me prête un vieux Ford Focus. Fais -40, ils l'ont pas fait virer, les vitre sont toutes givrées pis je vois presque rien.

J'ai fais 20km en 1 sur le cutoff. Après ça il y'en avais du chauffage calice.

j'ai fumer des top dans tout mes char de locations même si javais pas le droit,
BADASS OVER HERE

Echo de location, 100km/h brakes dans le tapis shift en reverse clutch drop avec le pied dans le fonds avec les roues complétement tournées.

Après la première journée j'ai dû faire la rotation des pneus avant arrière, seconde journée 3 pneus étaient allah fesse, 1 la corde sortait. Je ramenais la voiture le 3ème jours, elle était sous responsabilité d'un garage (qui me l'a fourni) qui avait jugé que mon moteur claquait donc le mécano en faisant son test drive a assumé qu'il était diesel donc il a mit.... du DIESEL!

Blm3wyeCUAAdg6f.jpg

Procolor qui me prête en courtoisie pour 2 semaines une Hyundai Accent de première génération en décembre 2003. Drifter avec juste par transfert de poids sans handbrake, rouler sur des terrains gazonnés durci par le froid. Manuelle en plus.

Envoyé de mon SGH-I337M en utilisant Tapatalk

Un peu comme PAradigmqc, j'avais loué pour une semaine une Yaris ou une Echo hatch, en hiver, moyenne de 14L/100. Je la startait à -25, avec le gaz au fond pendant 10-15 secondes pour bien mélanger l'huile, brake à bras sur asphalte sec (froide), etc...
Mucho fun....

The first rental car I ever had I caught a speeding ticket in it @ 140.

It was a 4 door G6.

I was surprised at the speed they gunned me at because my daily driver at the time was a POS camry that shook like a junkie from 90 to 120.

I wasn't paying any attention to the speedo in the G6 cause it was so smooth compared to my old Cam'reah so I flew past the cops way over the speed limit like wassup guys no problem here. And then they came after me and I stared down at a needle pointing to 145. Shock and awe.

Other than that I found a pair of beats headphones in the sto N go compartment of a rental Town and Country.

I should probably mention that just driving a rental Dodge Avenger felt like I was abusing it because the transmission is such a POS but I'm not sure if that counts. God that car was bad.

Most legit car rental companies I ever rented from I had decent cars: Monte Carlo, Hummer, Grand Am, mainly GM products.

Once I got a Camry from Enterprise but I mostly used to rent from Budget at the Gare Centrale in MTL a lot because the company only had one van and we had 4 techs covering a huge territory. The Camry was fine.

Once my old old boss from like 4 jobs ago rented me a "van" to go pick up some equipment in Sherbrooke. He rented it from a mom & pop shop where he lived: A Ford Windstar that was missing the rear wiper and that the transmission lever, mounted on the steering column, fell off during the drive there so I was driving while my co-worker from the passenger's seat was trying to wedge it back into place.

That thing had cancer and was bad luck. On the way back my co-worker was driving, passing a semi truck and the semi blew a tyre which we received on the side of the van but that van was in such terrible shape that we couldn't tell where it had hit the van - there was no discernable difference between the "clean" van and the spot where it hit.

We were glad to hand it back to him at the end of the day.

TBH I haven't rented a car in over a decade.

Let me think, its been a while but a certain Neon- white, auto, was rented by a buddy of mine for 3 months.
During this time it participated in no less than these activities and maybe more that I forgot.

1- got completely vinyl lettered of this guys company for ad purposes- however the vinyl was cut at times on the car....
2- ran several autocross events with CADL- back in the Canadair lot- yeah wayyy back probably 1995 or 1996..
3- ran hot laps around the industrial condo lot where said business was-
4- did repeated brake tests in front of said commerce- just to see how red the discs could glow.
5- when satisfied with glowing red fronts- we ran the car with handbrake up for several laps to see if we could get all 4 discs red hot- nice , real nice.
6- On highway 15 south, with no cars around , we went from drive to PARK with a swift kick of the shifter- wow the parking pin makes a nice noise at speed until it goes TOK when slowed down- I think the pin was round when we were done with it.
7-ran the car in 1st gear- from Laval to Metropolitan- several times... yeah the car just does 90kph on the cut off- wow the cut off never wore out.
8- hand brake skids... O plenty-
9- hand brake burn outs ... O plenty

Moral of this story- the rental agency got back to us with a bill for frt brakes and 2 worn tires- $400...... well worth the abuse.

The car never broke, never died and always up for anything we could throw at it...... but NEVER EVER buy a used car from rental companies- you might just get one of these cars.....

J'ai travaillé 5 ans pour une compagnie de location...

Le propriétaire est un bon ami maintenant donc je vais m'abstenir lol

Mais sinon je suis barré chez Mercedes pour les courtoisie...Y'avait un ''bavard'' dans la derniere B250 qu'ils m'ont preté....

Back