News: Genesis G70 Launches To Compete Against BMW 3 Series.

DannyITR

Administrator
Staff member
What do you guys think? So far Genesis has sold more than 150,000 units!

G70-Front.jpg

G70-Interior.jpg

G70-Rear.jpg

Genesis Launches All-New G70 Luxury Sport Sedan

September 15, 2017 – Today the Genesis brand officially introduced the all-new G70 compact luxury sport sedan at the Genesis Design Centre in Namyang, South Korea. The G70 is set to go on sale on September 20[SUP]th[/SUP] in the Korean market and in Canada in spring 2018.

“The Genesis G70 exemplifies our dedication to customer oriented-products and innovation,” said Woong-Chul Yang, Vice Chairman of the R&D division. “We will continue to dedicate our R&D efforts toward the Genesis brand, which we are very proud of as a luxury brand that has originated from Korea.”

The Genesis G70 is an athletic and elegant luxury sport sedan offering a graceful and dynamic exterior, a function-oriented interior, and two different powertrains – a 2.0-litre turbocharged I4 and a 3.3-litre twin-turbocharged V6. With a rigid chassis and a wide-range of performance-enhancing components including Brembo[SUP]®[/SUP] brakes, a mechanical Limited-Slip Differential (m-LSD), and a Nürburgring-tuned adaptive suspension, G70 will deliver a world-class driving experience.

As part of its standard features, Genesis G70 will offer advanced driver assistance systems including Forward Collision Avoidance-Assist, Lane Keep Assist, Adaptive Cruise Control, and more.

The occasion was marked by a musical event held in Seoul’s Olympic Park, during which global artists Gwen Stefani, Andra Day, and CL performed for a crowd of approximately 15,000.

“The launch of the Genesis G70 is an important milestone for our brand,” said Manfred Fitzgerald, Head of Genesis Division. “We deliberately chose Seoul, as this is our place of origin. This is where we are coming together with our customers and friends in the music industry to celebrate as a people’s festival.”

Completing the Genesis sedan lineup

The G70 is a compact luxury sport sedan completing the Genesis brand’s sedan lineup, joining the mid-size G80 and flagship full-size G90. Competing in the higher-volume compact luxury segment, it will further establish the brand’s presence in the global luxury market.

In November 2015, Genesis brand was born with its sights set to compete with the world’s top luxury automakers. The Genesis brand strives to make a positive difference in the lives of discerning customers, becoming an important element of their lifestyle. Furthermore, its goal is to deliver excellence in performance and design through progressive and innovative approaches.

Initially, Genesis launched its flagship G90 sedan in December 2015 and mid-size G80 sedan in July 2016 in Korea. Since the brand’s inception, Genesis has made significant strides by selling more than 150,000 units to date with strong performance in both Korea and the North American markets.

Genesis has also received many accolades, most recently ranking highest among premium automakers in the J.D. Power 2017 U.S. Initial Quality Study (IQS) study, topping all 13 brands in the premium segment.

By 2021, the Genesis product portfolio will expand to six models, including SUVs and potentially alternative powertrains.

An exterior with Genesis’ unique design identity

The all-new G70’s design represents the future direction of the Genesis brand’s design identity.

Athletic elegance is represented in the exterior design as the car captures both beauty and tension, like an athlete poised for action.

Luc Donckerwolke, Head of Genesis Design, said, “At Genesis, we shape fascination and desire with the passion, dedication, and talent from our designers. We modulated all parameters from the Genesis DNA to tailor a sport sedan. This challenge required the highest skills and know-how. The G70 is designed to captivate all senses with its sensuous and tensioned muscular volumes.”

The long hood and short front overhang, elegant roofline, and multi-spoke alloy wheels characterize a sleek, dynamic profile view subtly highlighted by dark-chrome fender aero vents.

The “hockey stick” beltline and parabolic sidelines further express the unique design signatures of Genesis, displaying fast and dramatic energy with voluptuous forms and smooth surfaces.

The G70’s large crest-type grille, character lines beginning from the emblem of the voluminous hood, air intake ducts, and LED daytime running lights (DRLs) express the muscularity and solidity of the car.

Two distinctive linear LED DRLs on each side of the large crest grille foreshadow the future Genesis signature quad lamps.

In the rear, the LED combination lamps, which continue the quad lamp theme, along with a raised trunk lid and compact bumper designs give the G70 a poised character. The rear lamps, evolved from the preceding G80, have been stretched to the corners of the rear to convey a wide and dynamic stance.

A sophisticated, driver-focused interior with new colours and materials

G70’s interior achieves both high-function and excellent fit and finish. To emphasize functionality, interior packaging is driver-focused with simplicity being prioritized.

A horizontal layout brings a sense of stability and the driver-focused packaging provides a comfortable driving environment.

The three dimensional switches of the centre fascia enhance functionality, while the sport-grip steering wheel contributes to the engaging driving experience.

For materials, Genesis designers specified aluminum door handles, quilted leather door panels, metal speaker grilles, and various high-quality soft-touch surfaces throughout the interior. Quilted patterns and Nappa leather seats further add to the dynamic yet elegant interior.

The G70 offers a wide range of unique and sophisticated colour options that properly reflect global trends to meet client demand.

It will offer customers ten exterior colours: Santiago Silver, Himalayan Grey, Casablanca White, Victoria Black, Siberian Ice, Nürburg Grey, Mallorca Blue, Adriatic Blue, Havana Red, and Serengeti Brown.

A new finishing paint method separates small, evenly distributed aluminum particles and high luminosity colours, maximizing the brilliance of the exterior colours.

Interior colour options include Obsidian Black, Sandstorm Gray, Velvet Burgundy, Tobacco Brown, and Vanilla Beige. Sport G70 models will feature unique Sport Red or Sport Grey interior options.

Driving character - Confidence-inspiring agility and safety

The G70 offers two engines – 2.0-litre turbocharged I4 and a 3.3-litre twin-turbocharged V6. Genesis G70 2.0T models come equipped with a Theta-II 2.0-litre turbocharged four-cylinder engine with an estimated 249 horsepower and 260 lb-ft of torque. An optional Sport package increases output to an estimated 251 horsepower.

Drivers seeking greater performance can opt for the Lambda II 3.3-litre twin-turbocharged V6 engine producing an estimated 365 horsepower and 376 lb-ft of torque.

G70 3.3T Sport’s dynamic and powerful performance includes 0 to 100 kph acceleration in 4.7 seconds and a top speed of 270 km/h. Variable ratio steering and electronically-controlled suspension are standard to provide agile directional response and an optimal ride and handling balance.

Standard features in all G70 models include:
1. Launch Control - Maximizes off-the-line acceleration
2. Rack-mounted, motor-driven power steering (R-MDPS) and multi-link suspension - Provides precise handling and a comfortable ride
3. A cornering system that applies light braking to the inside rear wheel to improve vehicle control
4. Mechanical limited slip differential (M-LSD) – To improve traction in low friction road conditions as well as acceleration out of corners

The seat positions have been adjusted to lower the centre of gravity of the car to maximize performance. To augment the driving experience, the Active Sound Design (ASD) system creates an aural character that reflects the engine load and driving mode settings.

Noise, vibration, and harshness have been minimized in the G70 through enhancements in multiple areas including vehicle body structure, exhaust system, sound absorption and isolation, suspension and body frame connections, and design of side mirrors and door sealing systems.

The performance-focused sedan has been tested in some of the world’s most challenging environments - including Death Valley (U.S.), northern Sweden, the Nürburgring in Germany, and the Austrian Alps - to ensure world-class driving stability, handling, durability, and power delivery.

Best-in-class safety

Following the trend of the G80 and G90, the G70 offers the most comprehensive levels of safety in its class. Overall body stiffness and rigidity have been dramatically strengthened.

An unparalleled range of advanced driver assistance systems such as Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist (FCA), Blind-spot Collision Warning (BCW), and Driver Awareness Warning (DAW) have been added as part of the Genesis Active Safety Control technology suite to offer the highest level of safety and convenience in the class.

The FCA system provides added safety with newly developed technology designed not only to protect vehicles and pedestrians, but also cyclists on the road. It automatically activates emergency braking through integrated radar-camera sensors if an imminent collision with a bicycle is detected.

Genesis Active Safety Control is the brand’s newly-labeled advanced driver assist system package, previously known as Genesis Smart Sense.

Genesis aims to receive the highest ratings from both international and domestic organizations including the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS), and Korea New Car Assessment Program (KNCAP).

Overseas product specifications in markets including North America, Russia and the Middle East are planned to be announced in early 2018.

I wish them best of luck! Car look really good.

Le derrière est débile

J'espère surtout que:

-Les performances seront présentes et non overrated à la Korean Horse Power
-La qualité d'assemblage et finition sera nickel
-Manuelle?

Manual and LSD. Good on Hyundai. Is it me or all recent hyundai's look like a mashup of every other car, except the veloster of course.

Edit: I read on thetruthaboutcars that the 4 pot turbo came with a manual and LSD. Could be US only though.

Infiniti and Mercedes called. They want their front and rear end designs, respectively, back.

Car looks pretty good. Interior is what seems impressive to me.

looks good but still looks cheap. I'm sure most people would still get a 3 series for the same price

looks good but still looks cheap. I'm sure most people would still get a 3 series for the same price
The whole point is that it should be cheaper than a 3 series. Or at least, you get the engine and options of a mid level 328i for the price of a 320i.

Ça reste une Hyundai.

ca me fait rire des commantaire sans contenu dememe...

je dit pas ca parce que j'en aie un... mais faut en revenir la... c'est pu de la cochonerie... on est loin des accent/elantra 1994 jetable

pour le prix j'ai payer mon auto... c'est dure a battre le rapport qualité prix et options...

c'est fort superieur a ben des affaire sur le marcher en ce moment... oui j'avoue le styling est copier pas mal... mais bon

je fais un peu l'avocat du diable, mais un bon rapport qualité prix ne veut pas pour autant dire qualité.

Beaucoup de choses achetés chez dollarama sont un bon rapport qualité/prix. Pour le prix (1$) la qualité est vraiment bonne!

ca me fait rire des commantaire sans contenu dememe...

je dit pas ca parce que j'en aie un... mais faut en revenir la... c'est pu de la cochonerie... on est loin des accent/elantra 1994 jetable

pour le prix j'ai payer mon auto... c'est dure a battre le rapport qualité prix et options...

c'est fort superieur a ben des affaire sur le marcher en ce moment... oui j'avoue le styling est copier pas mal... mais bon

oui et non. Hyundai/Kia se sont grandement ameliorer...mais tous les autre aussi, donc malgre qu'ils ont "closer le gap" ils reste derriere, surtout quand vien la durabilite longue durer. Le fit and finish n'est aussi pas a la hauteur des autre. On parle pas de Mercedes ou BMW non plus la, on compare avec des Toyota, Honda et Mazda. De plus, cote prix, c'est pu moin cher, c'est dans les meme prix et souvent plus cher pour le meme genre d'equipement. Souvent, les gadgets extra rajouter, sont compenser en "cheapant" ailleurs.

C'est pas de la marde ocmme c'etais dans le temps, mais oui, ca reste du Hyundai.

je suis extrêmement d'accord avec toi...

mais reste que... plusieurs personne on encore l'idee des tas de marde des annee 80...

parce que leur grand mere dans le temps avais un stellar pis maudit qui on eu du trouble... donc c'est la pire cochonerie sur la planete lol

oui et non. Hyundai/Kia se sont grandement ameliorer...mais tous les autre aussi, donc malgre qu'ils ont "closer le gap" ils reste derriere, surtout quand vien la durabilite longue durer. Le fit and finish n'est aussi pas a la hauteur des autre. On parle pas de Mercedes ou BMW non plus la, on compare avec des Toyota, Honda et Mazda. De plus, cote prix, c'est pu moin cher, c'est dans les meme prix et souvent plus cher pour le meme genre d'equipement. Souvent, les gadgets extra rajouter, sont compenser en "cheapant" ailleurs.

C'est pas de la marde ocmme c'etais dans le temps, mais oui, ca reste du Hyundai.
D'accord avec toi, mais il y a quand même une petite différence de qualité de finition entre une genesis coupe 2010 et une G80 2017. Ils mettent des détails qu'on retrouve pas chez les autres marques à 50-60k (base du pillier b soft touch au lieu de plastique dur, tissu de pilliers en velour au lieu de tissu pas doux) mais à d'autres endroits on a l'impression que ça va effectivement moins bien vieillir (la tension et épaisseur du cuir ou certains inserts de simili cuir) et l'agencement dans l'ensemble a un design moins harmonieux et poussé que dans les grosses marques.

Mais quand je vois des elentra gt de base à 22.5k, je me demande qui va prendre ça vs une golf même si elle a l'air pas pire. La seule raison valable est le 0% 84 mois.

je fais un peu l'avocat du diable, mais un bon rapport qualité prix ne veut pas pour autant dire qualité.

Beaucoup de choses achetés chez dollarama sont un bon rapport qualité/prix. Pour le prix (1$) la qualité est vraiment bonne!

en effet genesis va avoir du chemin a faire pour revaliser avec les lexus et infiniti de ce monde....

par contre... les hyundai de base... c'est pas si cheap que ca... mon vehicule avec le cuir... et tout l'equipement... c'est dure a battre dans la category petite voiture...

mais oui effectivement c'est plastique hahaha...

et non je suis pas fan boy... avant de me faire pitcher des roches... jai eu des subaru, toyota, volks, mazda, nissan, smart, mercedes... donc bouboubou

en effet genesis va avoir du chemin a faire pour revaliser avec les lexus et infiniti de ce monde....

par contre... les hyundai de base... c'est pas si cheap que ca... mon vehicule avec le cuir... et tout l'equipement... c'est dure a battre dans la category petite voiture...

mais oui effectivement c'est plastique hahaha...

et non je suis pas fan boy... avant de me faire pitcher des roches... jai eu des subaru, toyota, volks, mazda, nissan, smart, mercedes... donc bouboubou
On va le redire. Équipements et qualité c'est deux choses

C'est quand meme pas gênant comme voiture. C'est du copier coller des Allemands mais je crois que c'est justement le marché que Genesis vise à long terme. Ça va être long se faire un nom mais si les produits son bon ils en sont capable.

Envoyé de mon Nexus 5 en utilisant Tapatalk

I wish them the best of luck. The tougher the competiton is. The greater the pressure for bmw and audi to pump out beast super saloons.

I hope these sell like hot cakes.

Hyundai est entre de bonnes mains pour reussir avec Peter Schreyer et Albert Biermann.

Ils ont de bons produits... le probleme est l'image et si je dois depenser 60k, je veux une image qui vient avec.

Looks good... i'm impressed.

Now gimme an AWD drivetrain with a decent automatic and i'd love to test drive one.

The current Genesis 4-door is a freaking nice car and it's AWD system aint bad either, just a lil too big for my taste, this looks a notch smaller, I kinda like it. If it's build in the same fashion as the 4-door, it's going to be a nice car.

Back