R.I.P Toys'r'Us

En effet, le petit commrcant avec des démos fait de la pub gratuite. Ont-ils des ristournes/crédit du manufacturier pour ça ou le manufacturier s'en calisse?

Abonne toi amazon prime et profite des rabais family sur les livraisons de couches et de divers produits de bébé, sans oublier que les jeux video neufs ont 10% de rabais pour les membres prime

Amazon prime etait dans mon plan, deja que je consomme en masse sur amazon, le prime va etre utile.

The Bay is not going anywhere. They have a strong leadership, solid finances and good year over year sales: http://www.marketwatch.com/investing/stock/hbc/financials

They also own Lord & Taylor, Saks, Gilt.com among others.

Couldn't agree with you more about bad management and old thinking 'leadership' that sank the company.

That's the problem, people price shop an item and a B&M can never price itself under an on-line store; it simply has WAY more expenses to be able to compete. The problem is, retail is a HUGE contributor to the economy, both in terms of taxes and employment. Losses to both can be devastating to a city/region.

It's funny, because a store like Consumers Distributing was on to something all those years ago. Create a(n on-line catalogue) and you can come and pick up in store. All you need is 2-3 employees and minimal 'retail' space; much less overhead then a conventional retail store but at the same time people can still browse the products before buying them.

Ahh Consumers Distributing.. They had THE PERFECT online model before buying online was a thing. Sadly what killed CD was a horribly implemented inventory control system or actually lack of. The store managers couldn't stock popular items as they saw fit so rather than having what people wanted they never actually had anything. Backorder or not in stock was a frequent phrase heard after standing in line with the order paper.. Sadly by the time they invested in a new system they had spent tons of cash..

Look at Argos in the UK. Same concept but they quickly adapted to the online sector and stores only stock what actually sells, if you need something they don't have it will arrive in a few hours or next day. Sadly they are bleeding cash as Sainsburys is dragging them down, Tesco isn't doing great either

Ahh Consumers Distributing.. They had THE PERFECT online model before buying online was a thing. Sadly what killed CD was a horribly implemented inventory control system or actually lack of. The store managers couldn't stock popular items as they saw fit so rather than having what people wanted they never actually had anything. Backorder or not in stock was a frequent phrase heard after standing in line with the order paper.. Sadly by the time they invested in a new system they had spent tons of cash..

Look at Argos in the UK. Same concept but they quickly adapted to the online sector and stores only stock what actually sells, if you need something they don't have it will arrive in a few hours or next day. Sadly they are bleeding cash as Sainsburys is dragging them down, Tesco isn't doing great either

Distribution aux consommateurs loll
Fait longtemps :p

Pis ça aussi...... C'est le bonhomme avec son ptit magasin de quartier qui sert de vitrine pour les gros e-commerces, encore pire.

Ça va être un balancier.

Un moment donné (et ça commence), on trouvera pu rien en stock, pis on pourra pu rien voir/essayer/tester/toucher... Pis la.on va être prêt à payer plus pour un bon service pis une shop physique.

Mais avant de retourner la tendance, Ben Ben Ben des magasins vont fermer à cause de l'achat en ligne.

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk

Sérieux, ceux qui disent qu'ils achètent sur Amazon à coup de trailer, voulez vous bien me dire ce que vous avez besoin à ce point la? La dernière chose que j'ai acheté c'est un case de Nexus 5.

En tout cas, continuer comme ça a acheté vos cochonneries, vous faites rouler l'économie à ma place.

Sérieux, ceux qui disent qu'ils achètent sur Amazon à coup de trailer, voulez vous bien me dire ce que vous avez besoin à ce point la? La dernière chose que j'ai acheté c'est un case de Nexus 5.

En tout cas, continuer comme ça a acheté vos cochonneries, vous faites rouler l'économie à ma place.

I buy a crap ton of things on Amazon including toilet paper, paper towels, cleaners, various other house hold items. I wish the selection in Canada was as good as the USA but it's getting better, we have started ordering Whole Foods items. It saves me a ton of time, I don't need to go out to a store buying things. I can use my time for bike rides etc. I don't mind going shopping locally, I love going to Atwater market for vegetables/fruits/cheese. Clothes shopping I will still do in person at select stores where the staff already knows me, good personal service is still key.

Most stuff gets shipped to our house, stuff I don't want my GF finding out about gets shipped to work.

Hell we needed a few tools at the shop and bought those off Amazon and got them the next day. Everyone locally wanted 4x the price and didn't have anything in stock.

I buy a crap ton of things on Amazon including toilet paper, paper towels, cleaners, various other house hold items. I wish the selection in Canada was as good as the USA but it's getting better, we have started ordering Whole Foods items. It saves me a ton of time, I don't need to go out to a store buying things. I can use my time for bike rides etc. I don't mind going shopping locally, I love going to Atwater market for vegetables/fruits/cheese. Clothes shopping I will still do in person at select stores where the staff already knows me, good personal service is still key.

Most stuff gets shipped to our house, stuff I don't want my GF finding out about gets shipped to work.

Hell we needed a few tools at the shop and bought those off Amazon and got them the next day. Everyone locally wanted 4x the price and didn't have anything in stock.

Exactly. Except for clothes shopping I do it in person in the States. You pay 2-5x the price for the same clothes in Canada.

@Patriote, if you're buying useless garbage then yes I agree with you but most people buy like Gregster pointed out, stuff they already need but for less. Don't see anything wrong with that.

Exactly. Except for clothes shopping I do it in person in the States. You pay 2-5x the price for the same clothes in Canada.

@Patriote, if you're buying useless garbage then yes I agree with you but most people buy like Gregster pointed out, stuff they already need but for less. Don't see anything wrong with that.

I don't buy much in the USA anymore, was there on the weekend for 2 nights and only got some items at Harbor Freight. Exchange is okay not but you factor in time and such I'll just buy clothes locally or while I am on vacation in Europe or such. Some stuff on Amazon is the same price as local but the convenience better, You can order up until 12am or so and have what you need by the afternoon. Why bother going to a store, dealing with smelly people or worse extreme coupon people who hold up the line... The only drawback is how USELESS INTELCOM is with delivery

Whatever box food items I can't get off Amazon I will make a weekly run to ChinaMart for those "boxed" items. Yea judge but why should I pay 2$ more elsewhere for a jar of whatever or box of whatever. As much as I love Costco it's been getting on my nerves lately. We stick to meal plans from Amazon or the free ones at IGA and when meat or ingredients we use a bunch of are on sale I will load up. This week I won't need to do anything shopping. I figure we have our dinners down to around 10$ maybe less, will need to check the spreadsheet which my gf is in charge of. Now if only I can stop eating all the extra food I can bring lunch to work again

I don't buy much in the USA anymore, was there on the weekend for 2 nights and only got some items at Harbor Freight. Exchange is okay not but you factor in time and such I'll just buy clothes locally or while I am on vacation in Europe or such. Some stuff on Amazon is the same price as local but the convenience better, You can order up until 12am or so and have what you need by the afternoon. Why bother going to a store, dealing with smelly people or worse extreme coupon people who hold up the line... The only drawback is how USELESS INTELCOM is with delivery

Whatever box food items I can't get off Amazon I will make a weekly run to ChinaMart for those "boxed" items. Yea judge but why should I pay 2$ more elsewhere for a jar of whatever or box of whatever. As much as I love Costco it's been getting on my nerves lately. We stick to meal plans from Amazon or the free ones at IGA and when meat or ingredients we use a bunch of are on sale I will load up. This week I won't need to do anything shopping. I figure we have our dinners down to around 10$ maybe less, will need to check the spreadsheet which my gf is in charge of. Now if only I can stop eating all the extra food I can bring lunch to work again

I go down south every now and again to visit family. If you're not there already, agreed, a trip to NY or VT is not saving much when time and travel is considered.

I'm not sure what exactly is getting on your nerves about Costco but if I had to guess it's the crowds. My wife and I have learned to shop on Tuesday nights because of that. By Costco standards it's empty.

Amazon ou en ligne en général, voici mes derniers achats... J'achète sérieusement TOUT ce que j'achèterais en magasin. À part des 2x4 pis l'épicerie normale et l'essence...

Leica laser pour distance (outil)
Nourriture pour bebe
Batterie de mon rasoir à barbe
Remote de TV
Gobelets pour enfants
Cadre numérique (cadeau)
Rubik's Cubes
Peigne
Poupée (cadeau)
Cartes micro SD
Dash cam
Peigne
Tupperware à oeufs
Couches
Linge des enfants
Lunettes pour éclipse solaire
Rampes pour trailer
Jack pour trailer
Booster enfants
Spray moufette

J'achète sur amazon.com car j'ai un chalet aux US donc pas de taxes ni de douanes. Sauf les couches qui sont moins chères sur Amazon.ca

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk

Je crois que ma pire expérience de magasinage à vie est chez Toy'r'us Laval (à côté du carrefour)

Si tu n'es pas Italien ou Grecque et unilingue anglophone, tu n'as aucun service

I agree with you, I can't remember the last time I bought something locally either. I'm probably even more generous than most and am ready to give locals the business if they got within 10% of an online price. However, for example I called around locally for my Michelin PSS' and nobody would do lower than $270/tire before tax so I ended up buying them at tire rack which after all the taxes, exchange rate and shipping came out to $252/tire.

Point is, the market leaders (like Amazon) are bit by bit consolidating their monopolies and every time a business is bankrupted like TRU, those jobs are not being picked up by the surviving companies. It's more unemployment until they fall off the far end of the statistics and become "re-employed" without a job for statistical purposes.

10% more on 252$ is 277$.......

they were within your 10% threashold at 270$

just sayin....

im curious to see a list/link of stuff/food you buy off amazon.ca. not the first I hear people doing that and if it's saving some cash over a year, I might do it.

I bet you're a prime member ?

Back