2013-2014 320i xdrive, educamate me.

Red96EK

Legacy Member
Wife like them. I find them "bleh" to drive but they look good, ride nice and quiet and are damn roomy inside.

Tons of them on the market since they are coming back from lease, soon or out of warranty. Going for 20-22k in Ottawa with 60k kms on average.

Would forking out a 3k extended warranty is a good idea on those?

I intend to keep it for 2-3 years max so until 100k kms. That alone makes the warranty 100$ a month... not so sure about that one.

Lease a Civic instead
Need AWD, not a"would be nice", where i live there is 5-10 days per winter that without awd, I would stay home. Now to mention no need to shovel right away when i get home at night.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Get the CPO warranty. It will pay for itself the first time something goes poop

What about the previous gen? Are they any better? Found a few 2011-2012 328xi with 60-70k kms around 15-16k. A quick search told me to replace the waterpump at some point with an updated one, otherwise seems more solid.

E90s are solid, the last of the "simple" 3ers. Water pumps were a pretty common thing on early models or N54 powered machines. Last of the E90s for 328 were 2011, by now I would expect to change the valve cover gasket, oil filter housing gasket possibly the vanos solenoids, the usual ignition coils/plugs. No real surprises... Pretty good highway gas mileage as well!

E90s are solid, the last of the "simple" 3ers. Water pumps were a pretty common thing on early models or N54 powered machines. Last of the E90s for 328 were 2011, by now I would expect to change the valve cover gasket, oil filter housing gasket possibly the vanos solenoids, the usual ignition coils/plugs. No real surprises... Pretty good highway gas mileage as well!

All easy stuff to do from what I found... for someone who does all their maintenance themselves usually anyway.

Thanks for the advice :)

For certain things you will 100% need comparable BMW software for activations etc and a set of E torx sockets is a must. People shit on the N52 but it will run for ages on basic maintenance and doesn't cost a ton of money to repair.

Back