Selling car to New brunswick resident - Info

sS-=Psycho=-Ss

selling my car to a NB resident TODAY . saaq are closed. and owner would like to trailer it back to NB tonight. what are the procedures?

i have no problem doing a saaq proxy form and new owner is aware he would need to pass NB inspection, i just dont like the fact that the car is still plated under my name.

anyways, just want to know what does the new owner needs to be able to plate the car. proxy form only? other paperwork?

Keep your license plate, one of the set of keys, take tons of pictures of him, his truck, whatever, hand in proxy form with registrations, tell him you'll mail him the extra set when he emails you a picture of the new registration to his name...

That's about as much as you can do.

not so worried about him plating it. just want to know if he has the necessary paperwork to get it plated down there, dont want him to back to mtl because hes missing something.

thanks

if there is no trust issue, make some kinda of contract ..there was a nice version on the saaq site
saying i sell the car to xyz and he doesn't have the right to drive it until the transfert is effective...
personnaly i add a delay for the operation 10 days or a can get back the car ... without reembursement ... that kinda demonstrate that you are serious
and on another paper that says xyz can do the transaction in you name ....do it on a copy of your permit or other ID it look more official ( i some time use driver licence and passport... nobody will fake that)

shit can still happen but if it does you have proof to show that you have done your due diligence

you will have to advice the saaq that the car is now out of province ... other wise they will try to make you pay for the plate and problem if some arise .. since in THERE book you will be the owner

NB demande un contract de vente, c'est ça qu'ils m'ont demandé. Il va aussi devoir passer une inspection mécanique et avoir sa preuve d'assurance.

All u need to give him is the registration, and he can plate the car once he arrives back in NB once he passes inspection. Then You need to go to the SAAQ monday to tell them car is out of province. I sell about 200 cars a year to NB.

Back