Genesis G70, G80, G90

infinite

Legacy Member
Yay or nay?

For me they are big yay
G70 has similar silhouette as 3 series, but very pretty in and out, and strong powerplant
G80, basically rebranded hyundai genesis. Definitely a nice car
G90, very nice but still quite not in the same level as new lexus LS just yet. But that's still one beautiful car

So let the hate begin

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Bumping this...

G70 is available as a rwd with 6 speed manual transmission. Not bad hyundai... Not bad

Cousin is a Hyundai mechanic.

Says the Genesis stuff is really up to par with anything else out there in the luxury segment. They come in for maintenance, that's pretty much it. Nothing breaks or goes haywire electrically.

He also mentionned they are nice to work on since they seem to be using better metals and they rust alot less than the typical Huyndai. Cars stay clean under and stuff like control arms and bolts are not jammed up in rust after 1-2 years.

It's not the kind of car i'm into but if I was, i'd give them a hard look.

Bumping this...

G70 is available as a rwd with 6 speed manual transmission. Not bad hyundai... Not bad

Meh. Only on the base model, w/o awd. That's a pretty marginal customer base in this day and age.

Manual used to be either a cost saving or performance thing. Now, it's a half assed "look at us, we still have a manual transmission!"
Check mark on the specs sheet!

I prefer rwd manual than awd auto.
For awd manual... There is still subaru audi and other. But pure rwd manual and not a 2 seater or 2+2. It's getting rare
They have my vote

ya same. i'd base-spec the thing; RWD manual sports sedan = a beautiful combo

it's just too bad it doesn't get the V6 in that config since i'm not too crazy about forced induction. otherwise, bravo Genesis.

My bro has a G80 2018, really nice car... plenty of power. They did a really nice job , the look is great. The car he had b4 his G80, was a BMW 435I and he doesnt miss his BMW lol

I'm approaching 150k on my Coupe and it has not skipped a single beat since warranty expired. The Genesis cars have always been better then the rest of the Hyundai line-up.

My dad has a G70 4cyl awd.

Nice steering feedback, very sharp handling.

RWD save the manuals is nice, with the sport combo.

Too bad V6 is not offered as a manual too...

Je me suis assis dans un G80 au Salon de l'Auto, je suis pas resté indifférent. Incroyable ce qu'ils sont capables de faire. J'ai vu une G70 justement ce matin, je me demandais c'était quoi le char et je me disais que ca ressemblait drôlement à une BMW quand je réalisais que c'était une G70

Yup
If i were in the market, it will be the first one to look for before 3ers or a4

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

J'ai encore beaucoup de préjugés sur les coréens, fac sûrement jamais, surtout pas dans le neuf.

Meh. Only on the base model, w/o awd. That's a pretty marginal customer base in this day and age.

Manual used to be either a cost saving or performance thing. Now, it's a half assed "look at us, we still have a manual transmission!"
Check mark on the specs sheet!
Même chose chez bmw et ça aurait été la même chose chez Porsche aussi si les fans avaient pas chialé

Pour le reste si la ride est aussi bonne que les allemandes why not. Les allemandes deprecient vite aussi et ne sont pas spécialement reconnues pour leur fiabilité (je parle des gadgets etc plus que le moteur). Je roule présentement en moto de Taïwan alors j'ai pas le choix de mettre mes préjugés de côté.

New 2022 G70

2.0T 252hp
3.3T 365hp

26d68bb21825d917d6386c1d23673796.jpg

3e7ce431014cf1b33deb7af5af813bc2.jpg

8b522185d5b9902ab7de0bb037bf7c39.jpg

9869237499414b829b9124b584545015.jpg

I love it

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

le new g70 est sexy en crime...

je suis allez au lancement du gv80 vla un boute... très beau suv aussi... ca me donne le gout en maudit

seul chose qui me turn off c'est la valeur de revente moyen long terme des coréen

Back