***2002 Porsche 911 C4S Coupe***

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMS n'est pas fait.
RMS oui lors de la transmission rebuilt si je ne me trompe pas.
Si le IMS avait eu a fail, ca fait longtemps que ca serait arrivé.. habituellement c'était en début de vie (<100k km)
Rendu a 143k km ca veut dire que c'est un bon !

false. IMS will eventually fail by design. Even with an aftermarket ceramic one, there are no garantees that it wont destroy your engine.

IMS should always be replaced at the same time as clutch change as a precaution.

**** QUICK REVIEW ****

Phil the owner was gracious enough to come out of his way to show me the car.

I had a chance to do a visual inspection and a test drive last week.

The car looks very good. There are obviously some small cosmetic defects but it is overall in great shape for the age/miles. Classic color and awesome C4S widebody.

Interior has some small needs and shows wear that is to be expected for the age and miles.

On the road the car feels good. Pulls hard and sounds awesome but not too loud. Definitely not stock exhaust :)

Tracks straight, feels tight. Suspension and steering feel very "Porsche".

Very stable under hard braking. Front pads are more aggressive for a strong bite.

Overall this feels like a solid car with some small needs for a good price.

Thanks Phil! It wad cool to meet you!

Karim

**** QUICK REVIEW ****

The car looks very good. There are obviously some small cosmetic defects but it is overall in great shape for the age/miles. Classic color and awesome C4S widebody.

Interior has some small needs and shows wear that is to be expected for the age and miles.

On the road the car feels good. Pulls hard and sounds awesome but not too loud. Definitely not stock exhaust :)

Very stable under hard braking. Front pads are more aggressive for a strong bite.

Karim

so i understand you tried the car, liked it, but did not buy it?

**** QUICK REVIEW ****

Karim

Merci Karim, ca été un plaisir :)

IMS = Intermediate Shaft Bearing. Si ça brise, bye bye moteur.

C'est une job d'une journée pour un mecano qui connait ça + $1000 de pièces environ.
La plupart des gens font aussi la clutch tant qu'a tout defaire.

IMS = Intermediate Shaft Bearing. Si ça brise, bye bye moteur.

C'est une job d'une journée pour un mecano qui connait ça + $1000 de pièces environ.
La plupart des gens font aussi la clutch tant qu'a tout defaire.

le seul hic, aucune garantie que ca petera pas quand meme. Mais je m'en acheterais une pareille car les chances sont quand meme assez minime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back