For old timers here....These Are The Best Movie Car Chase Scenes Of The 1980s

one of my old movie car chase favorites will always be blues brothers...

actualty i could of stopped at one of my fav movies hahaha

The opening chase with the countach against the cops in speed zone with john candy, hilarious

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

Not a chase scene but the orange benz in the underground parking lot in the 70s flick the driver is awesome it inspired the dirving test at the beginning of the ps1 game driver

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

gotta vote for Blues Mobile....can't beat that!

How many cars wrecked in Blues Brothers?

103 cars destroyed in the 1980 film, 104 cars destroyed in Blues Brothers 2000. Blues Brothers held the record for the most cars smashed until its own sequel deliberately destroyed just one more. For the 1980 film's main chase, 60 police cars were bought for $400 a piece, and outfitted with reinforced chassis.

Re title thread to 60s 70s and 80s and more....

What about Mad Max old and new.....
Ronin anybody?

OK , Smokey and the Bandit? 70s man- movies were not as advanced as they are now...

Terminator 2 with crane taking out whole buildings!!

To live and die in LA?

Italian job- old and new....

the list can be exhaustive

Theres also a really good car chase in the movie we own the night, with joachin phoenix, from 2009-2010 id believe, the way it was filmed is pretty awesome, foggy under a raised hisghway

Jesus I can list a ton, 2 Lane Blacktop as well. It's funny the 55 chevy Harrison Ford drives in American Graffiti is the same car as well it provides the sounds effects in Smokey and the Bandit.

One movie that nobody talks about is No Man's Land with Charlie Sheen. Its one of my favorite car movies because of the 80's vibe and the fact that its basically a Porsche movie. Plus the car scenes are very well filmed, more realistic than most modern movies.

My favorite movie growing up was 1989's Speedzone (AKA Cannonball Run 3). Some parts of the movie were filmed in Montreal. Here are some of my highlights:

Looking back on it today it's pretty cheesy but boy did I like this movie growing up.

here's a video with the opening Lambo chase scene, the race between the Lambo and the JAG and then a small Lambo Vs Police chase

Race Start (Starts at 4:19 Ends AT 5:55) Montreal is visible in race sequence.

And how can we leave out the Cannonball Run II opening scene

Bonus Cannonball Run 1 opening

Anything Dukes vs Roscoe

Blues Brother demolition in the mall is what hook me at first when I was a kid (they enter in a freakin' Toy R us for god sake), then growing up I started to really enjoy the RB music and artists from that cult film

Re title thread to 60s 70s and 80s and more....

What about Mad Max old and new.....
Ronin anybody?

OK , Smokey and the Bandit? 70s man- movies were not as advanced as they are now...

Terminator 2 with crane taking out whole buildings!!

To live and die in LA?

Italian job- old and new....

the list can be exhaustive

If you notice, the #4 movie was filmed right here in Montreal. It even had Jimmy Tapp as one of the actors.

Back