8700k anyone ?

Il me semble que d'après les benchmarks qui sont sortis, il a de la misère à battre le 7700K pour le gaming.

j irai clairement pas aller me chercher un last gen pour un new pc lol surtout ya deja pu rien qui se fais sur z270 deja pi les 7700k sont discontinuer

j irai clairement pas aller me chercher un last gen pour un new pc lol surtout ya deja pu rien qui se fais sur z270 deja pi les 7700k sont discontinuer

esti de bonne affaire, ils sortent le 7700k, y'a des problèmes de température, Intel dis ''on vous conseille de pas overclock'' ah ok sa vaux la peine d'acheter un ''K''

le coffee lake est supposément fais sur le même principe que le kaby lake so il est exposé a ce problème encore -_-

Im not touching CPU anytime soon. First Ryzen. Then skylake and now this? I feel like Intel just came out with skylake last month and its already being phased out? Im gonna wait a couple months and see wtf is going on before upgrade from my 7th gen I5. Even then im thinking of switching to Ryzen for my next build.

i have 4 friends who went with ryzen, 2 of them with the R5 1600, 1 with the R7 1700 and the other one with R7 1700X. they are all very satisfied, and they are all coming from i5-i7 6th-7th gen.

imo the 7700k is a shy upgrade of the 6700k and i feel its the same thing between 7700k and 8700k

I'm waiting for quantum computers :)

But seriously it seems that cpu manufacturers are starting to hit physical limits. That's why we still don't have 10 GHz cpus.

I'm waiting for quantum computers :)

But seriously it seems that cpu manufacturers are starting to hit physical limits. That's why we still don't have 10 GHz cpus.

Well people have hit 5.0Ghz on 7700k with beast water cooling. Im pretty sure with my system i can hit 4.7Ghz with a 7700k.

I heard the new 8700k supposedly hits 5.0Ghz relatively easily.

Well people have hit 5.0Ghz on 7700k with beast water cooling. Im pretty sure with my system i can hit 4.7Ghz with a 7700k.

If you only consider stock clock speeds, cpus are barely faster than their previous generation predecessors. Intel has been milking expensive small iterations for years.

If you only consider stock clock speeds, cpus are barely faster than their previous generation predecessors. Intel has been milking expensive small iterations for years.

Which is exactly why i wanna support AMD now that they have an amazing product that shook the pc community.

Im only upgrading in the spring so we will see how things go.

Which is exactly why i wanna support AMD now that they have an amazing product that shook the pc community.

Im only upgrading in the spring so we will see how things go.

I'm in a weird situation. I want to upgrade but my overclocked i7 950 (seven years old!) and my GTX 1060 are doing a decent job.

It's always been like this with intel it's nothing new...

They come out with something kick ass, than they rebrand it during 4 years, then they come out with somethin kick ass again.

Always been like that

Ryzen est sensé avoir son refresh en début 2018 sur du 12nm au lieu de 14nm et probablement toujours compatible sur les mêmes motherboards. Selon les slides d'AMD et globalfoundries c'est sensé offrir des fréquences aux minimum 10% supérieur à ce qu'ils ont actuellement.

I can hit 5.0Ghz with the 7700k without issues. I am full water cooled. BUT while benchmarks and synthetic tests show a difference, in real life, I can't see a diff between 4.5 and 5.0 and even 4.3, where it sits most of the time.

This is more a benchmark race / hobby than anything, unless there are very, very specific needs.

Al that to say, fuck that, I keep my 7700k, perfectly happy!

I'm in a weird situation. I want to upgrade but my overclocked i7 950 (seven years old!) and my GTX 1060 are doing a decent job.

Well i mean the 1060 will be good for 2 gens.

You can pick up a 8th gen i3K thatll beat your i7 (i think) for like 200$. I think its worth it to start doing you research and upgrade this year. Id go with a Ryzen 5 tho

I can hit 5.0Ghz with the 7700k without issues. I am full water cooled. BUT while benchmarks and synthetic tests show a difference, in real life, I can't see a diff between 4.5 and 5.0 and even 4.3, where it sits most of the time.

This is more a benchmark race / hobby than anything, unless there are very, very specific needs.

Al that to say, fuck that, I keep my 7700k, perfectly happy!

Interesting! I guess we havent reach a point where we need that extra .5Ghz between 4.5Ghz and 5Ghz yet... question is will future computer tasks be more dependent on more cores or higher clock speeds...

(Cant edit post on my phone so sorry for double post)

I realise that more cores vs clockspeed depends on tasks. Rendering needs more cores and gaming is more dependent on clock speeds for example.

But will future games take advantage of the higher core count of new CPUs?

Also. Boxer im guessing you have custom water cooling right? Coz i have an AiO

Chez moi j'ai:
I7 6700k
R7 1700
R5 1600X

En gaming c'est toutes la même chose (a 1440p). Par contre, de la memoire vite (j'ai 3200Mhz) aide beaucoup Ryzen.
Le R7 1700 est a bon prix avec un bon petit cooler qui tient tres facilement 3.8Ghz

Le 1600X est dans une bizarre de situation, D'un coté on a 12 Thread et d'un autre le nouveau Intel est mieux en gaming. Sérieusement, j'ai aucune idée quoi recommander pour ce range de prix. D'un coté on a Intel qui est mieux en gaming, mais d'un autre on a Ryzen qui a le double de thread et va être supporter jusqu'en 2019 minimum avec Zen2. Je crois que AMD va devoir baisser ses prix.

Le Intel je l'aime pour les applications tres single thread comme sketchup, c'est la raison pourquoi je l'ai donnée a ma blonde.

i5 6600k @ 4.4 ghz. Autant que je voulais pogner le 7700k quand j'ai build mon pc, j'me demande si j'aurais vraiment vu une différence pour du gaming (1440p)...

Back