Financing a used exotic

Hi Silver Viper, that could be true that your cash could be tied up elsewhere. But if you are making capital gains/return on investment >1500 a month (the min to buy a used porsche) a month to justify that sort of move an you don't have at least 100K in savings, I would see that as highly unusual .

EDIT: Edited to add the words "a month" and adjust sentence to say "return on investment" .

Oh boy lol, you are comparing the gains/return on investment to the whole car payment which makes absolutely no sens lol. You have to compare the gains/return on investment (lets say 10% of whatever you have invested) to the actual interest rate that the financing is costing you, which in this case is 6.X%.

Is it really unlikely to have bigger returns than what the 6% on that car is costing you? Not at all...

And that’s only one factor, the second factor is the fact that while you are paying your 1500$ a month for your exotic, you have 150 000$ of «*cold hard cash*» that you can invest elsewhere because you didn’t burn it one shot on a depreciating asset.

But yeah that explains why you only pay «*cold hard cash*» lol

Oh boy lol, you are comparing the gains/return on investment to the whole car payment which makes absolutely no sens lol. You have to compare the gains/return on investment (lets say 10% of whatever you have invested) to the actual interest rate that the financing is costing you, which in this case is 6.X%.

Is it really unlikely to have bigger returns than what the 6% on that car is costing you? Not at all...

And that’s only one factor, the second factor is the fact that while you are paying your 1500$ a month for your exotic, you have 150 000$ of «*cold hard cash*» that you can invest elsewhere because you didn’t burn it one shot on a depreciating asset.

But yeah that explains why you only pay «*cold hard cash*» lol
Je sais même pas pk tu lui explique, y va arriver avec un autre argument complètement pas rapport juste pour continuer à sastiner qui paye cold hard cash ces corolla a 2000$.

Sent from my G3223 using Tapatalk

Money does not equal happiness.

My foot on the right pedal, revving the V8 7000k rpm, that equals happiness.

Therefore, it is not always financially logical to have a sports car. But boy is it fun!

Envoyé de mon Pixel XL en utilisant Tapatalk

such as in a camera, a high speed internet, and a youtube account to post a video of a Performante revving to 7k in 3 gear on a mexican highway.

You want me to cross the Mexican border with this?

attachment.php

So I got approved for a loan for the car in question for 72 months but the rate is 6.99% which I'm not happy about. Still trying to get better. Not in a hurry...

If you own a home, why not get a line of credit? Not a regular line of credit, but one where your home is put as collateral & they give you 80% of it’s current value. I’m familiar with RBC & they call it a homeline plan, I was fortunate to get it when it was introduced with prime which is currently 2.95% 😁

Indeed a homeowner line of credit is the best thing going. If your home has equity, leverage it!

If you own a home, why not get a line of credit? Not a regular line of credit, but one where your home is put as collateral & they give you 80% of it’s current value. I’m familiar with RBC & they call it a homeline plan, I was fortunate to get it when it was introduced with prime which is currently 2.95% ��

Isn't a home line of credit usually 80% of the capital you have paid and not on the value of the house itself?

Isn't a home line of credit usually 80% of the capital you have paid and not on the value of the house itself?
No value of the house.

For example, my house has gained value because of time and mostly upgraded I have done. I can get 80% of the new appraised value.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

If you own a home, why not get a line of credit? Not a regular line of credit, but one where your home is put as collateral & they give you 80% of it’s current value. I’m familiar with RBC & they call it a homeline plan, I was fortunate to get it when it was introduced with prime which is currently 2.95%

I actually do have a HELOC with RBC at prime + 0.25, so 3.20%, but I'm using it for investments at the moment. I have a couple other LOCs at 4.99 and around 6% which I'm keeping in case of emergency since the rates are not that great.

Ça a pas de sens le 0-200... J'ai une marge de credit étudiante à 3.2% de 20 000$. Mais je peux pas m'en servir comme levier pour des placements. Pour acheter n'importe quel char par exemple, pas de trouble. Criss de système bancaire de marde.

Ça a pas de sens le 0-200... J'ai une marge de credit étudiante à 3.2% de 20 000$. Mais je peux pas m'en servir comme levier pour des placements. Pour acheter n'importe quel char par exemple, pas de trouble. Criss de système bancaire de marde.

Une marge etudiante... c'est clairement pas fait pour acheter n'importe quoi lol

Nice le 0-275! ça rentre au poste. ça sonne bien aussi

Une marge etudiante... c'est clairement pas fait pour acheter n'importe quoi lol
En théorie c'est pour les "frais de subsistance" mais en réalité, c'est pour n'importe quoi

Look I don't want to engage in trolling with all the ti-coun (s) here, making comment about my "Toyota Corolla", or my username.

Anyhow, anyone that I have ever known that has bought a luxury car has:
-basically wrote a cheque , or
-leased usually 48 months, (because they don't want the cost of maintenance of a depreciating item).

Some here will say that a luxury car increases in value :
-That is only if you have a very very rare breed of car IE Ferrari 250 GT.
-The high likelihood is that if you are buy a used Lambo, etc. etc. and financing over 84 months its because you got a deal, on a depreciating item.

All of my friends have put straight cash down for lux cars. The guy below saved up cash and was able to negotiate with the dealership.

attachment.php

This guy paid cash for the new rover.

attachment.php

And as for my "toyota" yes cash for that too.
attachment.php

Back