Upgrade worth it?

Red96EK

Legacy Member
Current: 3570k @ 4.0 on air, has been running mint for... 3-4 years now? I cant remember. Been a while.

Would I see any benefit for gaming to upgrade to something like a 7600k with a new mobo? From what I've read quickly, I cant seem to be able to justify the expense... I'm looking at +-900$+tx for mobo/cpu/ram... might as well get a new power supply since mine is a few years old... 1000$ later, am I really going to see a difference?

Already running SSDs except for storage and a GTX1070.

not much imo, you will stay 4c/4t
for 900-1000$ i think you could have a much better combo with a ryzen 5 1600X for the same price 6c/12t already at 3.6 - 4.0 Ghz

not much imo, you will stay 4c/4t
for 900-1000$ i think you could have a much better combo with a ryzen 5 1600X for the same price 6c/12t already at 3.6 - 4.0 Ghz

Or keep that 1000$ for now since I wont see much difference in gaming, maybe tiny bit of fps increase but not much.

Thanks for confirming that.

Too see a diff youd have to get a i7 8th gen. So you can benefit from 6 cores. But i suggest going down the ryzen path. You get go 6 core with Ryzen 5 or 8 core with Ryzen 7. Youll have the same Ghz but itll help a ton for workbench task and itll future proof your PC for another 3-4 years at a cheaper price than i770k

You could always go for as well the 8600K since that is 6 cores and 6 threads and if you are more on team blue as well and not everyone is team red as well especially with their blunder on Vega.

You could always go for as well the 8600K since that is 6 cores and 6 threads and if you are more on team blue as well and not everyone is team red as well especially with their blunder on Vega.

Still looking at near 1000$ upgrade for not much difference.

1000$, that's alot of beer and nachos.

Back