Bombardier s'associe à Airbus

Any word on what this will do for local production workers?

No effect. All the C series that will be sold to US buyers will be made in the US and all others clients outside the US will be made here. It's a brilliant plan and a stroke of genius given the circumstances of the absurd duties. Not much choice. Bombardier gets a massive partner and huge credibility. The US get's a whack of jobs courtesy of Bomb and Airbus and the planes will be 'Made in USA' thus free of duty.

No effect. All the C series that will be sold to US buyers will be made in the US and all others clients outside the US will be made here. It's a brilliant plan and a stroke of genius given the circumstances of the absurd duties. Not much choice. Bombardier gets a massive partner and huge credibility. The US get's a whack of jobs courtesy of Bomb and Airbus and the planes will be 'Made in USA' thus free of duty.

I'm not sure final assembly in alabama will make this plane "made in usa" and duty free... where do you guys source these affirmations from?

There's very strict criteria in terms of part sourcing, assembly, etc.

One could imply that Airbus already thought this through and the plane will be duty exempt, but could also be a negotiation tactic.

Last edited:
En ce moment même, dans les bureaux administratifs de Boeing.

oh-fuck.jpg

I'm not sure final assembly in alabama will make this plane "made in usa" and duty free... where do you guys source these affirmations from?

There's very strict criteria in terms of part sourcing, assembly, etc.

One could imply that Airbus already thought this through and the plane will be duty exempt, but could also be a negotiation tactic.

It 100% will, Airbus confirmed this at the press conference. It's exactly what Boeing does with the 787, sources most major components from all over and final assembly in USA.

This is hilarious. I have dislike for BBD but Boeing completely screwed this up. Can't wait to see how Trump will toss the wrench into this one

Boeing est le meilleur coup marketing que Bombardier pouvait faire. Nous allons assister à une déconfiture chez Boeing. /popcorn

It 100% will, Airbus confirmed this at the press conference. It's exactly what Boeing does with the 787, sources most major components from all over and final assembly in USA.

This is hilarious. I have dislike for BBD but Boeing completely screwed this up. Can't wait to see how Trump will toss the wrench into this one

This exactly. Not a fan either but Trump totally got duped big time by a bunch of Quebecers. Who'd have thunk it? They can now sell the product at a higher price and wont' have to discount so heavily if there is no duty on it. What is he going to say when Airbus will announce thousands of high paying American jobs? Nothing! Maybe this will also make him think twice about how much power he has over the 2 NAFTA countries. Plenty of other countries with global multinationals to do trade with.

Yup apprently it'll be fully exempt and the line will run along side the A320 one in Alabama.

Also:

Enders said the 2017 discussions were significantly different, because Bombardier has completed the C Series jets and they are now flying at airlines in Europe. The C Series has been flying with airlines since 2016.
While the deal at its outset is a three-way tie up, the legalese of the deal's announcement allows Bombardier and Quebec to exit the program in 2023, selling their stakes to Airbus in the years to come.
"At the end of the day, this is going to be an Airbus program," said Rainer Ohler, vice president of communications for Airbus Group in an interview. "It's going to be a threesome, we take the majority now and over time we take 100% of the program," Ohler said

http://money.cnn.com/2017/10/16/new...-majority-stake-bombardier-cseries/index.html

Thanks, that's helpful.

Although I do think the anti-dumping and CVD could still be applicable, as the government funding of US$1bn is at the heart of the issue, not where the assembly is taking place.

From my initial read, there have been cases of AD and CVD apply to domestically manufactured products funded/subsidized by foreign players.

Thanks, that's helpful.

Although I do think the anti-dumping and CVD could still be applicable, as the government funding of US$1bn is at the heart of the issue, not where the assembly is taking place.

From my initial read, there have been cases of AD and CVD apply to domestic products funded by foreign players.

Could still apply but the case is just that much more difficult and now the politics also changes, Boeing in a solidly democratic state fighting to take jobs away from a solidly Republican state.

This exactly. Not a fan either but Trump totally got duped big time by a bunch of Quebecers. Who'd have thunk it? They can now sell the product at a higher price and wont' have to discount so heavily if there is no duty on it. What is he going to say when Airbus will announce thousands of high paying American jobs? Nothing! Maybe this will also make him think twice about how much power he has over the 2 NAFTA countries. Plenty of other countries with global multinationals to do trade with.

USA Not No.1 anymore and hasn't been for ages. It's a big world out there, soon all the USA will have is Saudi Arabia. It's funny Boeing has been crying for years they can't turn a large enough profit in Seattle so they opened a 2nd line in a Non-Union state. Now Boeing is all pro union jobs, mark my words they will use that as an excuse soon

Thanks, that's helpful.

From my initial read, there have been cases of AD and CVD apply to domestically manufactured products funded/subsidized by foreign players.

You can use the Auto Industry in 2008/09 as an example..

How did he get duped exactly?

He gets to parade around his base that protectionism works, threat of 300% tariffs has now created hundreds/thousands of new jobs amongst his base in Alabama.
The loser is the jackasses over at Boeing that brought up this trade case.

I'm curious to see if Canada/UK are going to follow through with an aditional fuck you to Boeing by freezing them out of procurement contracts. Holy shit would that suck for them, might want to consider shorting.

He gets to parade around his base that protectionism works, threat of 300% tariffs has now created hundreds/thousands of new jobs amongst his base in Alabama.

I'm curious to see if Canada/UK are going to follow through with an aditional fuck you to Boeing by freezing them out of procurement contracts. Holy shit would that suck for them, might want to consider shorting.

Doubtful considering BAE is a mess right now

He got totally duped because if he's 1/2 the businessman he claims to be, that should have beeen Boeing in Airbus' position. He could have easily helped broker a deal but instead decided to play hardball with ridiculous duites to such an outrageous amount that he forced Bombardier' hand. Instead Bombardier now has a massive partner with endless tech know how, money and global connections all over the world on it's side. BBD is like a fly sitting on an elephant compare to these 2 giants yet it outsmarted a global giant. Sure, jobs will be created but there was no other way out and BBD isn't going to do a 5 year court and trade battle against a physcopath. Not smart.

C'est "un peu" bon pour Trump pour son programme protectionniste mais seulement à court terme. Le monde est en train de se virer de bord, et va arrêter de dépenser "made in USA". Ya juste l'arabie-saoudite qui va continuer.

Back