Remote starter question, please help

doctor

I have a dilemma with the wife’s van (‘11 Odyssey). It has a Honda original remote starter (which never worked really great) with only 1 remote. Recently she dropped her set of keys and shattered the remote, so naturally I go to Honda to order a new one only to find out that the remote is $250+tx + programming, for a bottom line of over $350.

Made a few calls to get prices on installation of a whole new (aftermarket) system and found prices anywhere between $250 and $400. $400 one being a 2-way 5000ft with 3G capabilities, idatastart is the brand (never heard of them before).

First question is, is it complicated to get the Honda system out in order to install the new one? Or can the new one just “piggyback” on the existing one? Can I trust any retailer for this or should I be more selective and find a highly qualified person to do the work?

Second question is obvious, any recommendations on terms of systems, brands, installers? I’m in the West Island but don’t mind moving around for a better quality/price.

Thanks for all your help!!!!

There won't be any piggy backing. you'll need a new one. Find installationGTH on the forum.

Back