MotoGP Australia 2017

Dibbs

Anybody else watched that race?

MotoGP is unreal, it's been 4 back-to-back seasons where they are able to deliver an amazing show for the fans.

Rivalries

Constant overtakings and rubbing

Injuries

Podium fight that plays itself out in the last 2-3 races

Unreal.

I forget the name of the member who is going to Sepang next week, but I'm jealous.

Yup I watched it. Not as exciting as 2015 but this year seemed to have even more overtakes than the classic 2 years ago which had 52. Really a shame Dovi had an awful race. The Ducati is a handful and it's his abilities that are flattering the bike. Jorge wished he never went to Ducati he's altered his style completely from being a smooth perfectionist to rear wheel steering and drifting trying to cope with it. I thought Zarco was overly aggressive banging fairings and dive bombing everyone. His no holds barred style reminds me Simoncelli, someone needs to calm him down. F1 is a pure joke compared to this, barely watchable.

Zarco needs a factory bike.

I think he would make a fantastic rival to Marquez, more so than Vinales.

I have not seen much improvement to Vinales this year, have you? I think they had some troubles with the bike from a chassis perspective, but nonetheless, a fantastic rider can do wonders with an imperfect bike.

Do you ride track?

Zarco needs a factory bike.

Well he has last years factory Yamaha which won 6 races and they're using a 2017 spec aero fairing from Silverstone onward available to them and constantly get new parts from the factory team to try out. Yamaha can take the Honda approach, have a factory rider on a factory bike but on a satellite team like they do with Crutchlow.

Well he has last years factory Yamaha which won 6 races and they're using a 2017 spec aero fairing from Silverstone onward available to them and constantly get new parts from the factory team to try out. Yamaha can take the Honda approach, have a factory rider on a factory bike but on a satellite team like they do with Crutchlow.

yes right, but we both agree that a factory rider will always benefit from a lot more attention and ressources.

Talking about 2015... that crazy overtake by iannone on marquez and rossi with 3 laps to go.

yes right, but we both agree that a factory rider will always benefit from a lot more attention and ressources.

Talking about 2015... that crazy overtake by iannone on marquez and rossi with 3 laps to go.

Iannone dive bombed both riders, great pass. I was implying that the difference between a factory Yamaha and a satellite is small rather than a leap. Rossi preferred the 2016 Yamaha at the start of the season. IMO Maverick would still be faster than Zarco, Rossi I'm not sure but he is 38 after all. I'm amazed he's holding his own against Vinales, I expected Rossi to get soundly beat by his teammate this year but after today's race Rossi proved he's still very fit and can still battle and beat guys 1/2 his age in probably the most extreme Motorsport there is. There was not even a second to rest or lose focus the whole race. Really a shame very few follow this sport. It's as if people think they need to relate to a motorcycle to watch. I've never owned one and I've never ridden track or plan to get one but I still watch it.

That was an amazing race. so much passing and nobody really rode away uncontested.
The Doctor still has it.... and how old is he???

That was an amazing race. so much passing and nobody really rode away uncontested.
The Doctor still has it.... and how old is he???

Amazing how he still has it VS guys half his age constantly breathing down his neck.

Shows no sign of slowing down either.

Also keep in mind VR broke his leg this season, for a guy at that age to come back from that injury and still preform, simply one of the best ever.

Back