Porsche 911 Carrera T

MrSpace

Legacy Member
Wow, Porsche finds a way to add yet another model to the 911 lineup.
T for touring.

Manual transmission, lightest 911 and wingless, I want one!

https://jalopnik.com/the-2018-porsche-911-carrera-t-is-the-lightest-new-911-1819755457

Well isn’t this a nice Sunday evening surprise. I’m sitting at my computer, catching up on emails and getting ready to cook dinner, when lo and behold Porsche pops in to say “Look at this, it’s the lightest new 911 you can buy right now!” Meet the 2018*Porsche 911*Carrera T.

The T stands for Touring, and this model is a step up from the base Carrera that puts the emphasis on being light. Lightweight glass, door loops instead of handles, less sound insulation and other tweaks mean a curb weight of 3,142 pounds, the lightest in the 911 range, Porsche says.

(By comparison, a base Carrera comes in at 3,153 pounds, a Carrera S is 3,175 pounds, and a Carrera GTS is 3,197 pounds. It’s also more than 100 pounds lighter than a 4S.)

Power is rated at 370 horses and 339 lb-ft of torque from the 3.0-liter twin-turbo flat six. The T gets a variety of nice tweaks from across the range, including Sport-Tex seats, a rear seat delete option, a new interior package, grey mirror covers, and the 20-inch wheels off the Carrera S.

You can have it with a manual or PDK, and it does zero to 60 mph in 4.3 seconds with the stick or four seconds flat with the paddle-shifters. The base MSRP is $102,100 excluding delivery fee and it goes on sale in March.

Overall it sounds like an interesting and driver-focused addition to the 911 range, although said range is increasingly crowded and occasionally confusing these days. We should make a chart or something. But the T seems like a win. I think there are far worse ways to blow 100 grand on a car than this guy.

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk

read about this on another forum...love it...

it's nearly perfect...nearly.

Sent from my telephone using Tap-a-cock

Lightweight... Donc 11lbs de moin qu'une 911 de base?

Ok
Same here, supprimer les poignées pour sauver .5lb sur un char de 3000lb c'est rire du monde en pleine face. Je vais prendre le modèle de base plus silencieux et avec des poignées pour 12k de moins.

Intéressant qu'elle soit dispo en manuelle et lol Porsche tente d'en faire une version <<spéciale>>. C'est simplement ce que la 911 devrait être.

Same here, supprimer les poignées pour sauver .5lb sur un char de 3000lb c'est rire du monde en pleine face. Je vais prendre le modèle de base plus silencieux et avec des poignées pour 12k de moins.

I’m a Porsche fanboy... and I fully agree with you! Back in the days, lightweight versions such as the RS America were actually cheaper than the regular, better equiped versions.

Ceux qui disent que la 911 est trop grosse ou trop lourde... ben la cayman est la exactement pour ceux qui veulent le ''feel'' des 911 back in the days.

gt4 ftw

Ça serait pas plus simple d'alléger le conducteur de 11lbs?

Quand jvais chier avant d'entrer dans mon char c'est à peu près ca que je sauve 11lbs, pas l'temps de niaiser aucun compromis pour la performance

Back