Fitness tracker watch recommendations?

ToxicBug

Hi everyone,

Been a while :D

I'm looking for a fitness tracker watch. I'd like something small, light, and comfortable and at the same time it should have a with a full multisport fitness watch feature set. I'm mostly going wear it daily on my walk to the office, weight lifting, cycling, hiking, etc. It should be comfortable to wear under a dress shirt sleeve.

So far I found the grey Garmin Fenix 5S with sapphire glass that seems to fits my criteria pretty well.

Lets use its features as a baseline:

• 42 x 42 x 15 mm
  • 67 g (with silicone band)
  • Step counter
  • Wrist heart rate monitor
  • Sapphire glass
  • Wi-Fi
  • GPS
  • Waterproof 10 ATM

Do you guys suggest any particular things I should look for? I would like it to have GPS (preferably with GPS time sync), wrist heart rate monitor, waterproof at least 5 ATM or 50 m rating, and some sort of smartwatch features so it can sync with my Android phone and show notifications. Wi-Fi and sapphire glass would be great, too.

Fenix 5S was released in April 2017. Are there any models on the horizon that I should look for? Is there anything interesting from Fenix 5S competitors?

Thanks!

Last edited:
I bought a Fenix 3 Sapphire when it got out. Best thing I bought in the last 2 years. The reason I bought it is because I do multiple sports with it, Mainly Cycling, climbing, hiking and the gym. I needed something that can do everything and also the smart system features are nice. I'm a watch prostitute so I really like the everyday clean look especially with the metal wristband.

New models ? I'd be suprise for now, the Fenix 5S is a very well updated version of the Fenix 3. Very complete watch in terms of functionnality and look. The 5S really have all the latest technologies that garmin can provide for this kind of product.

Something interesting from other competitors ? at the same level of the Fenix 5S, I'd be very surprise, it's a product in it's category of it's own.

I bought a Fenix 3 Sapphire when it got out. Best thing I bought in the last 2 years. The reason I bought it is because I do multiple sports with it, Mainly Cycling, climbing, hiking and the gym. I needed something that can do everything and also the smart system features are nice. I'm a watch prostitute so I really like the everyday clean look especially with the metal wristband.

New models ? I'd be suprise for now, the Fenix 5S is a very well updated version of the Fenix 3. Very complete watch in terms of functionnality and look. The 5S really have all the latest technologies that garmin can provide for this kind of product.

Something interesting from other competitors ? at the same level of the Fenix 5S, I'd be very surprise, it's a product in it's category of it's own.

Thank you cassard!

I came to the same conclusion after reading and watching a few reviews, as well as going through the Fenix 5S feature set. Ordered a black sapphire glass version last night, can't wait to receive it 😁

Quick update, I got to try on the Fenix 5S this weekend and it's too small for my wrist. I decided to get a Fenix 5 instead *tu*

Thank you for your help cassard, this watch is amazing :yikes:

2017-10-31%2014.14.01.jpg

Back