300 millions $: Québec veut un nouveau toit pour le Stade olympique

Ahhh bon a savoir. J'ai pas vu cette info.

Mais encore la je sais pas... je consulterai taillibert pour le toit. Histoire quil finise son oeuvre.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Je devrais l'ajouter a mon dead pool 2018.

J'ai cru comprendre que selon Taillibert les consoles n'avaient pas été construites selon ses plans , donc il déconseillait de poursuivre les travaux du toit selon le plan original.
His plan was bullshit from the start and there was no way the budget was realistic given the construction materials or technology of the time. Both levels of govt had enough with him and booted him off the project. Then it was a matter of just finishing the project. The roof lifting system was built in France and never tested until installed in the 80s. Things were so bad with the installations that alternate venues had already been selected for events.

Drapeau was obsessed with towers, so obsessed he asked that the Eiffel Tower be shipped here for Expo 67. He knew the Olympics would be his last ditch chance for said tower and convinced Tallibert to design a stadium in secret.

If you can find a copy of the book "The Billion Dollar Game" it will give you a good idea of the project at that time.

The stadium "falling" apart in the early 90s was caused by it be being continually exposed to the elements in the 80s because there was no roof. The entire place had to be "winterized"

That being said giant "Olympic" stadiums have been a curse for cities that had held the games. You are left with a huge stadium that can't be used for much and if you can use it for something it will require hundreds of millions in renovation right after the games.

L'histoire du stade c'est que oui pour 600 millions tas un stade flambant neuf... Carré en brique rouge aussi beau qu'une ecole primaire pouvant accueillir 70 000 personne.

Le stade olympique c'est un vestige du passé mais avec une architecture hors du commun. Quand on parle de Montréal à l'international, il y a toujours une photo du stade olympique. Le problème c'est d'arrêter de réparer ce toit avec des toiles de garage tempo. Faudrait le fermer carrément.

Oui le stade aura coûté cher mais la, faut faire un vrai et bon toit. Si on détruit le stade, quel va être l'emblème de Montréal? L'accueil Bonneau? Le place bonaventure? Ou le palais des congrès?
Ouais être trop pragmatique ça donne un centre Bell qui est pas pentoute un landmark à Montréal. En fait je ne savais même pas que c'était le centre Bell jusqu'à ce que je commence à travailler à côté alors que je passais sur st Jacques chaque jour

Ouais être trop pragmatique ça donne un centre Bell qui est pas pentoute un landmark à Montréal. En fait je ne savais même pas que c'était le centre Bell jusqu'à ce que je commence à travailler à côté alors que je passais sur st Jacques chaque jour
The Old Forum could have been renovated but the Habs would have had to play elsewhere for that period. There are no large capacity arenas in the area so it was decided a new arena be built closer to downtown with more boxes. The forum was in a much better location until now, it only took 20 years for the area around the Bell Centre to be developed.. The sad part of this tale is how the forum project afterwards was a complete failure.. People never bought into the "nostalgia" of the building as it was that.. Just a building that was gutted and transformed. Now it sits nearly vacant

In soccer a club could rebuild a stadium but yet find another pitch. Tottenham is playing at Wembley(whiteheart lane is being renovated) for the next few season and Chelsea will do the same while Stamford Bridge is rebuilt.

The Old Forum could have been renovated but the Habs would have had to play elsewhere for that period. There are no large capacity arenas in the area so it was decided a new arena be built closer to downtown with more boxes. The forum was in a much better location until now, it only took 20 years for the area around the Bell Centre to be developed..

In soccer a club could rebuild a stadium but yet find another pitch. Tottenham is playing at Wembley(whiteheart lane is being renovated) for the next few season and Chelsea will do the same while Stamford Bridge is rebuilt.

What changed so much around the centre bell in 20 years, except the obvious tour des canadiens? The strip between st jacques and st Antoine hasn't changed that much since (mostly parking for centre bell and small streets with older triplexes) and the upper part had the gare windsor, hotel Bonaventure, 1000 gauchetiere, 1250 René Levesque etc.

What changed so much around the centre bell in 20 years, except the obvious tour des canadiens? The strip between st jacques and st Antoine hasn't changed that much since (mostly parking for centre bell and small streets with older triplexes) and the upper part had the gare windsor, hotel Bonaventure, 1000 gauchetiere etc.
There was nothing but run down buildings and parking lots to the north. No bars, no restos unless you wanted to walk. Now its much much nicer and the arena blends into the surroundings

You can't do much to the south as there is a highway and major infrastructure not far below the surface

There was nothing but run down buildings and parking lots to the north. No bars, no restos unless you wanted to walk. Now its much much nicer and the arena blends into the surroundings

You can't do much to the south as there is a highway and major infrastructure not far below the surface
I don't know, i used to take the train with my father when I was a kid and it felt quite downtown to me when you got off the train. But sure, there were some buildings falling apart especially in the area of the giant milk bottle (there are still one or two buildings probably waiting for demolition there, I wonder if they can't get a permit or what).

Anyways, I'm just saying that the centre Bell design is boring as fuck. I like how they arranged the open space between the centre bell, gare windsor and Deloitte though, there's nothing to do but I enjoy the tranquility since I work there and can relax there on nice days.

Juste la piscine olympique avec son basin de plongée de 20m de profond, C'est un projet de 100millions$+... on peut pas cracher sur toute ces infrastructures existantes.

[h=1]University of Phoenix Stadium[/h]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/University_of_Phoenix_Stadium

The cost of the project was $455 million. That total included $395.4 million for the stadium, $41.7 million for site improvements, and $17.8 million for the land. In 2017 that's equivalent to $594 million USD or $753 million CAD at the current exchange rate.

The place has a retractable roof and a friggen retractable field as well.

UniversityofPhoenixStadiumnasa.png

1280px-Cardswin1.jpg

The cost of the project was $455 million. That total included $395.4 million for the stadium, $41.7 million for site improvements, and $17.8 million for the land. In 2017 that's equivalent to $594 million USD or $753 million CAD at the current exchange rate.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/73/UniversityofPhoenixStadiumnasa.png
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/f9/Cardswin1.jpg/1280px-Cardswin1.jpg

Take the exact same building, exact same materials, exact same construction methods and move it all to a site in Quebec. I wonder if that will last against our winters...

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/73/UniversityofPhoenixStadiumnasa.png
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/f9/Cardswin1.jpg/1280px-Cardswin1.jpg

Ben Danny en hiver à Phoenix il fait 7-8 degrés en janvier pis il pleut 23 mm dans tout le mois. Pas exactement le même défi.

Ben Danny en hiver à Phoenix il fait 7-8 degrés en janvier pis il pleut 23 mm dans tout le mois. Pas exactement le même défi.

not to mention it was built in a desert with little constraints while the olympic stadium is in the middle of the city on top of 2 metro stations.

Back