Honda sales man laugh at me...

Walking to the boss is a game to seem like they're trying to do you a fav. Unless you are asking for stuff like free mags instead of free steel wheels with the winter tires, there is no need to see the manager. Salesmen should know everything about the cars they're selling, it's not like they don't have time to read up on everything while they are sitting around most of the time.

They should but unfortunately they don't know shit.

your looking for a Honda? Go to Lombardi or Ste-Rose Honda- they are both sympathetic dealers towards the racing community,
Just say you know the guys on the race team and I am sure they will not jerk you around.

When shopping for a 7 seater, I called every dealership and said I was ready to pay XXX for a lease, most said they couldnt go that low or to come in person for real prices....blah blah blah. Two played ball with counter offers, which I used as leverage to say X dealership is giving it to me for XXX, got them do go below what I originally offered. Bear in mind I did a ton of research to make sure I was getting a great price, but still left a little meat on the bone for them. Often with incentives, you can go below invoice price, most people think invoice price is the bottom line, often its far below it if there are good incentives to move cars.

Its not worth going to the dealership for all this BS hassles, other then to test drive the car you want.

if you walked in and said, I want this car in this color, I saw it on honda.ca for this much, how much less can you give me?
it would have been an entirely different story.

You really need to make your homework 95% of the time, and know all the discounts before walking in.

Honda civic in 2008 , guy gives me 1000 $ off, i say thanks ill come back, i go back 2 weeks later when i hear the the 1000$ government deal came out for this car (heck maybe the dealer knew more than me ) , he says well, thats your discount , you get 0 from us ...

The invoice cost for the car you are looking for is readily available on the internet for Canadians in Canadian dollars. So are the dealer incentives and rebates. Armed with that information, you can deal with any dealer in 3-4 questions, and determine if you want to do business with them.

C'est arrivé à ma blonde aussi dans un événement ''black friday'' le vendeur nous faisait 4000$ de rabais sur une sentra neuve, j'avais la page de Nissan ouverte dans mon cell et c'était les mêmes paiements, mêmes cashdown, même terme... On a demander au vendeur si il avait une meilleure offre, il nous a dit qu'il ne pouvait faire mieux, on a sacrer notre camp...

I had the opposite Honda experience. I went in to test drive an SI (I was actually a serious buyer and not a lookey loo). Salesguy handed me the keys, asked no questions, and let me take it for 35 mins. When I brought it back he provided me with two quotes (different financing options). The quotes were carbon copies from the Honda website. Nothing added in, no back-and-forth between the manager.

If you don't like the experience then go to a different dealer. For me the experience is crucial because you'll probably be dealing with this dealer for the next 5 years or however long your warranty is.

will go see other dealer with the price and payment I want (based on the web site and cash down I put in)... thank you guys ! :)

Si tu veux absolument un Honda, je peux te donner une référence chez Hamel Honda à St-Eu qui a été super avec nous,

Ils se sont même fourrés avec le prix de notre échange en nous donnant plus qu'ils auraient dû parce qu'ils croyaient que le char était automatique (nous avions fait évaluer l'auto dans 3 autres concessionnaires et on avait obtenu le même prix partout) mais il était manuel (nous avions été pourtant très clairs en répondant à leurs questions sur l'auto, son état, etc.) et ils ont quand même maintenu leur engagement, simplement pour dire qu'ils sont intègres.

En plus de me donner les changements d'huile pour 1 an (2 changements a.k.a. mieux que rien).

Si tu veux absolument un Honda, je peux te donner une référence chez Hamel Honda à St-Eu qui a été super avec nous,

Ils se sont même fourrés avec le prix de notre échange en nous donnant plus qu'ils auraient dû parce qu'ils croyaient que le char était automatique (nous avions fait évaluer l'auto dans 3 autres concessionnaires et on avait obtenu le même prix partout) mais il était manuel (nous avions été pourtant très clairs en répondant à leurs questions sur l'auto, son état, etc.) et ils ont quand même maintenu leur engagement, simplement pour dire qu'ils sont intègres.

En plus de me donner les changements d'huile pour 1 an (2 changements a.k.a. mieux que rien).

LOL, c'est justement chez Hamel honda qui m'ont fait un prix pour la 2017... le prix du web... apres m'avoir fait attendre un bon 20 minutes pendant qu'il allait dealer un prix avec son gérant des ventes, tout ca, juste pour moi ! :)

Et oui, je veux absolument un honda, en fait, non, je veux absolument un civic coupe ex !! sinon je ne changerais pas de char ou bien je me prendrais le plus chear location que je peux trouver.. lol

j'ai comme un tit coup de coeur sur ce modèle la !!

Moi j'ai faite une demande sur Automatix
le dealer le savent que si ils veulent t'avoir, ils vont te donner un bon prix sinon les autres vont le faire, c'est comme une enchere du plus bas prix
Ca a marcher pour moi j'ai eu un super deal, tout a été négicier par la suite via email (le dealer le moins cher était a 1h de route)

if you walked in and said, I want this car in this color, I saw it on honda.ca for this much, how much less can you give me?
it would have been an entirely different story.

This.

Je peux pas croire qu'en 2017 avec tous les outils à notre disposition, le client ne prend pas le temps pour faire ses recherches en ligne avant de négocier un prix, surtout quand il s'agit d'une voiture. Tu t'attendais à quoi face à un vendeur à la commission?

E-mail blast technique is also an alternative, how I bought my 2013 TDI wagon. As stated before, you can find the Canadian 'invoice' (not really the true cost but better than MSRP) by subscribing to a site (yes you have to spend a few $ to save $), find the exact models, options, specs etc and write a detailed email with your specifications saying you are ready to buy now.

Sent 30 emails to various VW dealers, 20 did not respond, 8 told me MSRP/you need to come in for a deal, and 2 give me a quote. One was very close to my target, I emailed him back and I bought the car later that afternoon. He had the paperwork all drawn up with exactly the figures we had agreed on, no ticky tack add-on fees. Total time spent at the dealer: 15 minutes. He was a young guy that understood the internet. Just bought my R off him two weeks ago because he always takes care of me and no bs.

Moi j'ai faite une demande sur Automatix
le dealer le savent que si ils veulent t'avoir, ils vont te donner un bon prix sinon les autres vont le faire, c'est comme une enchere du plus bas prix
Ca a marcher pour moi j'ai eu un super deal, tout a été négicier par la suite via email (le dealer le moins cher était a 1h de route)

ah ben coliss, je ne connaissais pas ca, je vais aller voir !
Quand j'ai acheter ma GTI, javais justement écris a des concessionnaires pis un p'tit vendeur allumé m'avait fait un sale bon prix justement dans l'optique de faire une vente rapide sans problème.. je suis aller le voir pis j'ai signé direct, ca lui a couté 15 minutes de sa vie pis c'était fait ! :)

This.

Je peux pas croire qu'en 2017 avec tous les outils à notre disposition, le client ne prend pas le temps pour faire ses recherches en ligne avant de négocier un prix, surtout quand il s'agit d'une voiture. Tu t'attendais à quoi face à un vendeur à la commission?

Ben non, Twon, j'avais déjà fait tout ca, c'est ben la raison pour laquel j'ai pas signé, j'pas un tit jeune qui veut dealer pour le fun de dealer.. :)

J'ai jouer carte sur table avec le gars, "fait moi de quoi d'intéressant pis ca va etre une vente rapide, j'irai meme pas voir ailleur, j'aime pas niaiser"...

Last edited:
Back