E91 TPMS question

Installations GTH

Shop Representative
I have done a bunch of searches and can't find anything.

I bought an 08 328 x drive wagon and I know that US cars had TPMS sensors in the valves and Canadian cars used the ABS and speed sensors to calculate variance for tire pressure if the car has TPMS

If I go into the settings on the cluster it shows TPMS and reset, which I have done but last year I had a blowout and the light never went on, I will try doing a reset then dropping pressure in one tire to see if it works.

I am thinking it doesn't even have it but why would the cluster say it does?

Thanks!

L'année passée, lors du remplacement de roues été/hiver, j'avais oublié de faire le reset du moniteur de pression. Ça pris environ 30km à 100km/h avant d'avoir un avertissement.

I have done a bunch of searches and can't find anything.

I bought an 08 328 x drive wagon and I know that US cars had TPMS sensors in the valves and Canadian cars used the ABS and speed sensors to calculate variance for tire pressure if the car has TPMS

If I go into the settings on the cluster it shows TPMS and reset, which I have done but last year I had a blowout and the light never went on, I will try doing a reset then dropping pressure in one tire to see if it works.

I am thinking it doesn't even have it but why would the cluster say it does?

Thanks!

My e91 2011 is a canadian car as well and does not have TPMS sensors. It just uses the abs and speed to see if there's a flat or loss of pressure. IDrive won't even tell me which tire is low, it will just light up all of the tires in yellow if one is losing pressure or red if there's a flat.

Back