Ford OEM bumper replacement

Brian1037

I bought a new Focus ST this year. After less than 2 months of owning it, some dick ruined my bumper because they didn't know how to parallel park properly. There's a scrape and 1 clip popped out. It was a hit and run... there was no note or anything. I didn't call the police (should I?). Also this happened in Ottawa while I was visiting there for 2 days.

So I called Ford and they made it seem like a huge affair. "We'll need to send the car to the collision centre for them to evaluate it". So I tried to explain it's aesthetic damage only and all I want is to order a new OEM painted bumper and for them to take the 15 minutes to un-clip the old one and clip-in the new one. But apparently that's not an option. I MUST go through the collision center and the bumper apparently only comes unpainted from Ford so they need to involve the paint shop too. I asked if it was possible to order it now, get it painted, and install it at the same time that they do my winter tires, but no... that's not an option. I gotta go through the collision centre. He wouldn't even ballpark me a price but he hinted at $1500+... it's just a freaking bumper how complicated can this be?

All I want is a painted OEM replacement. What is my best option?

Also... this is my first accident/collision/damage/whatever in 10 years of driving. I want to call my insurance to ask them "if I report this, how much will my rate go up?" but I'm afraid they'll force me to report it. Am I legally obligated to tell my insurance about this damage? I'm with La Capitale.

IMG_20171111_232915.jpgIMG_20171111_232920.jpg

Last edited:
This sucks.. brand new bumpers are expensive as hell with mandatory painting etc... dealers are seriously bunch of crooks.
I mean a plastic bumper shouldn't cost 5-10% of the freaking car's value !! it's just a plastic mold.. there's no serious engineering and hardware there...

aucune piece de carosserie arrive prépainte.
le color match doit se faire avec l'auto.

tu peut commander juste un bumper et le faire peinturer/installé où tu veut.

Mais appelle des bodyshop, il vont te le réparé et peinture pour la moitié du prix.

Exact. Un pare-choc, ça se répare bien maintenant. Les assureurs ne vont pas te forcer à faire une réclamation, c'est pas un régime de dictature ahah.

X2 tu change pas ce bumper pour un autre, tu le fait reparer thats it. Un bodyshop va te charger +-450$

Exact j y vais avec la
Famille.

Ca va te couter la moitié du prix réparer lui que d en commander un neuf + peinture.

Maintenant il te reste à trouver un body shop de confiance.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Call nobody (popo, insurance), eat it it's cheaper in a long run. See if a private shop can save that bumper, you might need an extra piece because the end where it popped out is usually fixed with a screw so that little piece of plastic under it might need to be replaced. I only know a good body shop in Laval so no bueno

J'ai jamais compris comment quelqu'un peut endommager une autre voiture en se stationnant. Faut vraiment être pourris.

J'ai jamais compris comment quelqu'un peut endommager une autre voiture en se stationnant. Faut vraiment être pourris.

i would say about 80% of people who order handcrafted pumpkin spice lattes have damaged cars while trying to park.

aren't hit and runs covered by the saaq and not your insurance?
either way, it's probably too late for you since you need to call when it happens where it happens to get at least a police report.

aren't hit and runs covered by the saaq and not your insurance?
either way, it's probably too late for you since you need to call when it happens where it happens to get at least a police report.

Police will most likelly not come for scratched bumper, they will ask you to go to the station... So who knows when it happened!

Back