Fête noel au bureau obligatoire/office x-mas party mandatory

SR-71

So my fucking company made the x-mas party mandatory and after my hours. Is that legal? Could they force me to go? If this is not legal, can you guide me toward the legislation (ON)
Ma compagnie de merde a décidé de rentre le party de Noël obligatoire, et en dehors de nos heures de travail. Est-ce légal de nous forcer à y assister? Je cherche aussi la législation sur ce point (Ontario)

C'est une option mais j'aimerai mieux un texte de loi pour leur dire que ce n'est pas légal.

ROFL!!!!

Techniquement... pas payé, pas oblige d'y aller.

Pratiquement... meme si je deteste ca a mourir, j'y vas pareil a tout les ans parce que ca permets de jaser un peu, les boss sont moins pogner avec leur balais dans l'cul souvent. Mais je reste jamais tard... du genre cocktail, souper, 30 minutes max après je disparais. Mais au moins le monde m'ont vu la face.

Obligatoire? C'est complètement absurde.... Je ne crois pas qu'il y ait de loi qu'y t'y oblige.... Il n'y a même pas de loi qui t'oblige à occuper un emploi... lol

Demande leur de tes payer tes heures au party puisque c'est obligatoire

Si j'étais toi, je ferais acte de présence pour la jouer lowkey et diplomate et je quitterais quelques minutes après mon arrivé

C'est simplement contre ta religion: problem solved

ben ouais toi, une fete 100% commercial et la religion à un poid légal la dedans?

esti que j,ai hate que ce soit banni ce cancer là...

Mais OP demande en point de vu légal. À priorie je suis curieux de savoir comment une compagnie peut mettre ça obligatoire... c'est un peu abusif et de mauvaise pratique non?

Selon les compagnie, s'y rendre est à notre discrétion, mais clairement mal vu de ne pas s'y rendre... dans la plupart des cas c'est un cadeau de remerciement.

sauf BMO, ils chargent 70$ à leur employés et même cadres !( à cause d,un problème dans le passé, pas à cause qui sont cassés... lol)

Par exemple, les normes de travail exigent que l'employeur paie si une tenu vestimentaire précise est obligatoire.
j'imagine que ca doit allé dans le meme sens...

I never said no to a free dinner and drinks, would have to really, really hate the people I work with or for, but then I would most likely change job.

I never said no to a free dinner and drinks, would have to really, really hate the people I work with or for, but then I would most likely change job.

My company is very special and sucks and I don't want to see my boss' face cause there is too much shit there and I want to stay calm. I am also looking for a new job for my own mental health. I swear sometime I think the real purpose of my company is a social experiment to see how far they can push people. We don't want to go to a party or an optional training and suddenly this is mandatory. Nobody care about the company because of the way they treat us.

Personnellement je vais jamais au party de Noel de la job. Il doit y avoir environ 200-300 personnes , trop de monde à mon gout et de petite politique. Je laisse ça à d'autre.
Ils ne peuvent obliger les gens d'aucune façon.

Do you actually have something important to do instead? I'd just put up with the bullshit for 2-3 hours to save myself the grief, you already put up with it on a daily basis.

I would consider going , don't know what your job is or how many employees, will clients be there ? Its a party but you should consider it a business function. They might have gifts to hand out etc..

in the end you have to ask yourself if you like your job enough or are willing to risk it offending your boss or co-workers.

EDIT ; NVM just saw your post that you are looking for another job

If you mind me asking , what company ?

Do you actually have something important to do instead? I'd just put up with the bullshit for 2-3 hours to save myself the grief, you already put up with it on a daily basis.

Couple of things, I deal with that daily but I am not in the main office so most of the time I deal my way without risk and consequences. There that would be harder. After this is also to stand my ground, not to mention this week I will already do doubles because of fly travel so no desire to do another double for a shitty party and no extra money or extra time in exchange.

Going to a party and looking for trouble is not a good option^^

Also my company is cheap as hell so nothing to hope from that even

Ils peuvent pas t'obliger. Mais si tu y va pas somebody will tell somebody. Donc tu y vas, parle à une couple personne clé, chug une beer/shooter ou deux avant de partir, je crois qu'en 30-40min tu peux t'en sortir!

Edit : S'il y a pas d’alcool et/ou tu dois payer pour y être, fuck it.

Ils peuvent pas t'obliger. Mais si tu y va pas somebody will tell somebody. Donc tu y vas, parle à une couple personne clé, chug une beer/shooter ou deux avant de partir, je crois qu'en 30-40min tu peux t'en sortir!

Not really an option , party is at Toronto but not at the office. Not sure I would be able to leave until the end. And I am mad at the overtime because my boss flies us after our hour to be sure we do our 8h, so no way I would waste extra time. Treat me like shit then don't expect me to be there for any extra or doing a good advertising for this place. This is the worse place I ever worked for and I am not the only one complaining.

I am not interested to waste my time and swallow bullshit...

And I am mad at the overtime because my boss flies us after our hour to be sure we do our 8h, so no way I would waste extra time.

If you are traveling for work, the time you spend flying should be paid. It's like being an on-the-road sales rep. You're to be paid for the travels between work destinations.

Back