If you touch a smart phone (attached to a suction cup)while driving is that illegal ?

student13

Hello folks, if you put your smart phone on a suction cup ( attached to the wind shield) and touch it IE GPS directions from WAZE or iphone map app., would that be illegal ie using a smart phone while driving? Before the trolls start making comments like "look it up " , I have to say the Code de Securite Routirere, uses words like muni en mains? , which means what what any sort of hand touching is illegal ?

Thanks.

Hello folks, if you put your smart phone on a suction cup ( attached to the wind shield) and touch it IE GPS directions from WAZE or iphone map app., would that be illegal ie using a smart phone while driving? Before the trolls start making comments like "look it up " , I have to say the Code de Securite Routirere, uses words like muni en mains? , which means what what any sort of hand touching is illegal ?

Thanks.

It's fine but you need to use an ''driving aid'' application, and not facebook or else.

Tout écran visé à l’article 178.1 doit rencontrer les conditions suivantes:1° *être fixé directement au véhicule ou maintenu à celui-ci par un support fixe;2° *être positionné de manière à présenter les informations visuelles le plus près possible de l’axe du regard du conducteur dans la position normale de conduite;3° *être placé pour ne pas obstruer la vue du conducteur, nuire aux manoeuvres de conduite, empêcher le fonctionnement d’un équipement ou en réduire l’efficacité et de manière à ne pas constituer un risque de lésion en cas d’accident;4° *être muni de touches de contrôle repérables et accessibles dans la position normale de conduite et commandant des opérations simples;5° *ne pas limiter le temps de réponse du conducteur à un message à moins que ce dernier soit précédé ou accompagné d’un signal sonore et que le délai alloué pour fournir une réponse soit suffisant;6° *le changement ou le retrait d’un bloc d’information est entièrement sous le contrôle du conducteur, sauf si le message présente de l’information dynamique que ne maîtrise pas le conducteur ou si le message peut être réaffiché en utilisant des commandes simples;7° *les messages présentés sur l’écran doivent être courts et simples de manière à ce que leur lecture ne puisse nuire à la conduite.

Thanks.

You're fine as long as you don't start texting or watching videos on it. You can also look into configuring vocal commands like using Android Auto instead of just normal apps, use OK Google and voice commands to sent text messages works well too.

Of course You might not want to fuck around with it while stopped at a light directly near a police car just in case...

hweih6t5itf5yypnnblo.png

You're fine as long as you don't start texting or watching videos on it. You can also look into configuring vocal commands like using Android Auto instead of just normal apps, use OK Google and voice commands to sent text messages works well too.

Of course You might not want to fuck around with it while stopped at a light directly near a police car just in case...

The only thing I do with it is Waze and hands free calling...but I guess you have a point, that you should inform Waze users about police ...... after I pass the police.

Back