Remisage/Inspection mecanique 48h

G35guy

Cop fucked me over this morning, inspection mecanique 48h et 3 tickets pour exhaust, vitre teinter et suspension, anyways l'auto rentrais en remisage demain pour l'hiver et je pensais remiser mon auto quand meme et faire l'inspection l'annee prochaine lorsque je sors en avril mais apparement seulement la mise au rencart arrete le 48h, une question comme ca si j'y vais pas et on me donne l'amende de 450$ ca annule tu l'inspection ou?

P.S: Fameux silverman de la sq a montreal qui m'a pogner meme policier qui a pogner castro (https://www.montrealracing.com/foru...ner-au-mandataire&highlight=castro+inspection)

Mon auto a l'air de ca..

20160329_181109.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah I know, I've never had any problem with cops this is actually my first ticket in 6 years of driving, car has looked like this for over 3 years; heck I've done countless amounts of trips to the states and within Quebec, driven past a million cops but today a DAY before storage ran into this famous asshole Silverman, this really fucked my day over, but hey it's Quebec; pay and shut the fuck up.

You need to pay the tickets regardless of inspection or not.

As for the inspection, if you don't go you need to let the SAAQ know and put the car in storage, otherwise I think you can be issued more tickets even if you don't drive it. The issue might come when you will plate your car back in the spring, if you are lucky you will be able to get a temp permit to bring it to inspection, worst case, they will tell you to pay for a tow.

Yes I know I have to pay my tickets, I was saying if I don't go to the inspection I will be issued a ticket for not complying to a 48h inspection; my question is if I don't go to the inspection and recievea and pay the ticket for not complying does it remove the need to go?

If your car if flagged for inspection, you need one. Period. Paying the ticket wont save you.

No way around it unless you try stuff like Tony Transfer and such.

Out of curiosity, what is the situation regarding your suspension, tints and exhaust. Is everything legal or it's just that you've been lucky for the past 6 years not to have gotten caught?

If your car if flagged for inspection, you need one. Period. Paying the ticket wont save you.

No way around it unless you try stuff like Tony Transfer and such.

Tony Transfer doesn't work with police inspections. I understand, but I simply want someone to confirm if 1) I can put the car away without being fucked over and/or 2) if I ever get the ticket does it bypasses the inspection, you never know.

Out of curiosity, what is the situation regarding your suspension, tints and exhaust. Is everything legal or it's just that you've been lucky for the past 6 years not to have gotten caught?

Well technically speaking I can't really argue and say that it is legal regarding the so called "modification laws"; it's got a muffler delete which barely sounds any different at idle and lower rpms, and the suspension makes no contact/rubbing whatsoever, for the tint I don't know if it's over the limit since I bought the car like this.

Sux....so it's actually going to cost you more to get all of that fixed up now that he's spotted you...unless he forgets your car by next summer... You got lucky for 6 years...you might have another 6 years of luck ahead of you just like he may make ur life miserable every time he see's you...

Good luck

It really depends, if I have to really go through this bullshit of putting everything stock and passing the inspection then the car will be stock for the rest of it's life, I'm donne with these bs modification laws and cops giving inspections/tickets right and left while rusted cars with broken suspension go unmolested, I did a little digging and this silverman cop is known to give inspections and tickets to modified cars heck when he pulled me over he didn't even say a word just papers and came back with all the tickets and the inspection so in my opinion it wasn't about luck just cops understood and today I got spotted by the arch nemesis of the car scene.

Tony Transfer doesn't work with police inspections. I understand, but I simply want someone to confirm if 1) I can put the car away without being fucked over and/or 2) if I ever get the ticket does it bypasses the inspection, you never know.

Since I was not clear enough...

I confirm and swear on the holy bible that paying the ticket WILL NOT make your inspection go away. and putting your car away before doing the inspection exposes you to the issue I mentioned above about maybe not being able to get a temp permit in the spring to bring it for inspection and needing a tow truck($$).

Le ticket que tu reçois c'est pour ne pas avoir pris de RDV pour une inspection.

Prends rendez-vous tout simplement.

''Méchante vidange ton char OP, le policier a bien fait de te coller une inspection'' said on one... Ça m'enrage des histoires de même!

normally if you don't go to the inspection you lose your right to circulate (or you not suppose to circulate) .... but i never heard of it being enforced

but i would like to know ...what happen on the long run

Le ticket que tu reçois c'est pour ne pas avoir pris de RDV pour une inspection.

Prends rendez-vous tout simplement.

Since I was not clear enough...

I confirm and swear on the holy bible that paying the ticket WILL NOT make your inspection go away. and putting your car away before doing the inspection exposes you to the issue I mentioned above about maybe not being able to get a temp permit in the spring to bring it for inspection and needing a tow truck($$).

Alright, sounds good, thanks. I'm really not trying to avoid the inspection just pain in the ass to go have to buy the stock parts and mainly don't have time with school/job but I guess I'll have to find time.

''Méchante vidange ton char OP, le policier a bien fait de te coller une inspection'' said on one... Ça m'enrage des histoires de même!

Heureusement c'est pas comme ca dans tous les coins, juste a Montreal et a Quebec semble qu'il y a des petits chasseurs de quota facile, ca m'apprendra a amener mon auto a Montreal.

normally if you don't go to the inspection you lose your right to circulate (or you not suppose to circulate) .... but i never heard of it being enforced

but i would like to know ...what happen on the long run

That's what I heard but I don't have the money or time to find out hahah, I'll get this bs sorted and be done with it.

Regarding the inspection you have 3 choices:
- Rancart
- Don't go and pay a 500$ fine
- Go to the inspection.
Transferts (from you to to you or a 3rd party), remisage or any other trick won't work.

For the tickets, by the looks of your windows and if you don't have any mufflers, depending on what the cop wrote on his ticket, you are screwed.

For the suspension, the fact that it has been lowered doesn't mean it's illegal. I'm really curious to know what are the grounds for issuing you a ticket on that offence.

If I were you, I would go to the inspection with the car as it is. You never know, and you may pass it without any problems. Worst case scenario, you'll have to remove the tints and get your mufflers reinstalled. Then you use the inspection report to fight your tickets, especially the suspension ticket. Take pictures to prove you haven't changed anything on the car prior to the inspection.

Regarding the inspection you have 3 choices:
- Rancart
- Don't go and pay a 500$ fine
- Go to the inspection.
Transferts (from you to to you or a 3rd party), remisage or any other trick won't work.

For the tickets, by the looks of your windows and if you don't have any mufflers, depending on what the cop wrote on his ticket, you are screwed.

For the suspension, the fact that it has been lowered doesn't mean it's illegal. I'm really curious to know what are the grounds for issuing you a ticket on that offence.

If I were you, I would go to the inspection with the car as it is. You never know, and you may pass it without any problems. Worst case scenario, you'll have to remove the tints and get your mufflers reinstalled. Then you use the inspection report to fight your tickets, especially the suspension ticket. Take pictures to prove you haven't changed anything on the car prior to the inspection.

I have no choice to put the stock suspension back my friend failed his and he was on coilovers. For the tickets you're right; I had no muffler, tints seem to be over the legal limit but suspension wise it is legal to drop your car just that now every suspension modification has to be approved by the SAAQ beforehand but it costs about 500$ in inspection appointments and the process in total just to get it "approved". I'm just putting everything together I really have no motivation whatsoever to go in court and fight anything, but thanks for the insight.

Back