Petro Can "rack" fuel prices

Can't see your post.

But on the internet I see 0.67 for Montreal. If you add 35-40% taxes that means $1 roughly, I don't find the gross margin outrageous.

JCNID.jpg

- Rack price
- taxes de fou
- acheter un tanker pour laisser dans ta cours.
- No profit

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Does rack prices include transportation costs to retail locations?

Price at the loading rack. You still need to pay the tanker going from the terminal to your station.

I would pitch in money for a MR gas station. Unbranded gas is cheaper to buy than branded gas but I can't find by how much (price shown in the link is unbranded from my understanding). A low cost, no frills, high volume independant gas station could probably be profitable and benefit to the consumer too, but good luck finding a suitable land on the island without Italian friends I guess.

But a quick calculation shows really thin margins before you add tobacco and drinks. At $1.17 after taxes and final transportation and an average sale price of 1.25 in Montreal, that leaves .08$ of margin. At a realistic 15000l/day, that gives $1200/day minus ~$300/day for an employee 18h/day and ~$300 for credit card fees.

Last edited:
il y a un "movement" sur FB [pour boycotter Petro_canada durant le mois de Decembre...here we go again...

Cant edit on mobile so il double post (sorry)

If people really wanted to. Cant we buy diesels and run heating oil? If i remember correctly, taxes on heating oil are wayyyy lower and gov watches farmers to make sure they dont do it. But in the city....

Cant edit on mobile so il double post (sorry)

If people really wanted to. Cant we buy diesels and run heating oil? If i remember correctly, taxes on heating oil are wayyyy lower and gov watches farmers to make sure they dont do it. But in the city....
At your own risks.

Back