Cette Cage Est-elle Légale?/Legal Roll Cage?

Hey, if the man wants an RUF then by all means do it. Everyone and their mom has a 911 but an RUF in N/A? Those are rare AF.

Hey, if the man wants an RUF then by all means do it. Everyone and their mom has a 911 but an RUF in N/A? Those are rare AF.

It is a car forum. I know the guy only asked a question about the cage but we can take this opportunity to warn him. Bottom line, if he still wants to buy an overpriced 996T with a body kit, there is nothing we can do about it.

Read the "fine print":
"... When choosing the 590 bhp upgrading, the engine is also disassembled completely, equipped with titanium conrods, converted camshafts and heat exchanger and then reassembled again. To cope with the increased torque, a stronger clutch is installed.."

This is not that car, sadly. It's only 520 bhp.

Does it have the RTurbo engine package?
Strange that they'd spend all that money and not put the front bumper and steering, among other details.

Looking at the link posted above I'd save $30k, find a lower mileage 996tt and put Ruf wheels on it.
Norge-4.jpg

Just to clarify because there is a lot of miss info in this thread about the original questions. The law states that you must use the OEM seat belt while on the street and that the cage or roll bar cannot restrict your ability to get in or out of the vehicle. There is a grey zone about whether or not you're aloud any bars beyond the front seat, but if you have a brain, you should not drive a car on the street with bars forward of the front seat (a pillar, etc). This is for the simple reason that in the event of an accident, your skull vs a metal bar is not good. On the track you have a helmet to protect you.

So general rule of thumb is that if you want to be safe and legal and avoid headaches, all bars behind the front seats are legal and use your factory seat belt. My turbo civic had a roll cage like this for 3 yrs, never had an issue with the police for the cage.

En fait, la chose à retenir est qu'elle soit légale ou non:

- Le policier va s'en foutre et il peut t'envoyer à l'inspection s'il veut.

- Et cela même si tu as une vignette datant de la journée même stipulant que la cage est 100% conforme.

true dat

Elle est quand même jolie tant que tu regardes pas l interieur lol

Meme syndrome que le C5Z mais a 80k$ vs 20k$

Je prendrais une 996TT stock clean a 50k$ a la place si tu veux mon avis.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Elle est quand même jolie tant que tu regardes pas l interieur lol

Meme syndrome que le C5Z mais a 80k$ vs 20k$

Je prendrais une 996TT stock clean a 50k$ a la place si tu veux mon avis.

996 interior are just as bad as C5 Corvette... Wait whut?

996 interior are just as bad as C5 Corvette... Wait whut?

C est affreux l intérieur d une 996 mais vue que c est une Porsche on n a pas le droit de le dire!

3a3c11ef01abd481ce9a5ce21eb44227.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry, guys, I was completely mislead by the article in "truthaboutcars". And memories of Yellowbird -

Ruf CTR1 Yellow Bird :

Flat6 3.3 l, Twin Turbos KKK
469 ch / 5 950 tr/mn
56,4 mkg / 5 100 tr/mn
1 222 kg
0-100 km/h : 4.2 s
400m D.A. : 12 s
1 000 m D.A. : 21 s
Max Speed : 342 km/h

I"ll make it up to you.

Back