Golf R : Soundaktor buzz

SkIz

Legacy Member
Anyone had any problems with their soundaktor acting fuzzy ?

There's a buzzing sound at WOT when temperature is low outside (TURBO EDIT FOR 250ROKETZ). I searched on Vortex to found out that people put a rubber piece underneath the 10mm bolt tightening the soundaktor.
I did that and it only fixed the problem for like 4-5 days. It's back doing it.

I'm not looking to turn it off since the car is so damn quiet even with a resonator delete.

Last edited:
Anyone had any problems with their soundaktor acting fuzzy ?

There's a buzzing sound at WOT when the car is cold. I searched on Vortex to found out that people put a rubber piece underneath the 10mm bolt tightening the soundaktor.
I did that and it only fixed the problem for like 4-5 days. It's back doing it.

I'm not looking to turn it off since the car is so damn quiet even with a resonator delete.

Facepalm.jpg

i know you said the car is quiet, but I'd still remove it.

I don't know why manufacturers stopped doing the whole intake-to-cabin tube. That obviously brings the most authentic sounds inside. I wonder how hard it would be to do it on a car that never was supposed to have it in the first place.

dans ma golf R mk6, je l'avais deplugger. j'ai jamais été aussi content d'avoir fais un free mod. tellement plus agreable qu'une fucking puck de hockey qui vibre dans ton firewall.

Même problème aussi...
Je l'ai fait remplacé sous garantie l'an passé en espérant regler le trouble, mais non.. ça recommence.
Le monter sur une pièce de rubber semble une bonne idée, sinon unplug..

Ayoye, j'aurais jamais pensé que c'était ça qui pouvait faire le maudit rattle dans le dash sur mon GTI quand j'étais en load. Surtout que je suis toujours en mode sport et que c'est à ce moment-là que le son de la cochonnerie est à 100%.

Back