Crossing the border without passport?

Camry90

Is it even do able? I have a passport it’s just that i forgot it at home. Now i can eithe cross at Baudette or i can go around that lake and waste 120km driving in shitty snowy roads. I’m towing a trailer so i’d rather they serch it all than going through the national park I got 2 different pieces of gouv ID and only a picture of my passport on my phone.

Likely not, but it's at their discretion.

I've done it but I cross 50+ times a year, 99% at the same place and the same time. When I did not have my passport they knew I was still just going to the cottage so didn't represent a risk of screwing them.

I highly doubtful till pass if it's random.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Bonne Chan....tu va en avoir besoin!

je me suis deja rendu compte que j'avais oublier mon passeport rendu au stop de lacolle...j'ai viré de bord et refais le 40min pour aller le chercher.(meme pas pris la peine d'aller essayer au douane).....ca pas été un voyage a freeport ben ben payant celui la...lol

It worked! I’m getting posted from Borden to Edmonton so they let me through. They wanna check my trailer and that’s it. We’ll see how in Manitoba they are gonna treat me. I showed them my driver’s licsence and gouv ID. Maybe it’s also i’m in Baudette that they are easy going

Coming back to Canada you just have to prove you're a canadian Citizen/permanet resident/protected status (refugee) or native.
Going into the States, it's a toss up/russian roulette.

Glad it worked out!

won't work.

Criss tu lit tu des fois???

So at the canadian boarder was just as easy. Chatted with the guy a bit, asked if i had a passport and then it’s done

Bonne Chan....tu va en avoir besoin!

je me suis deja rendu compte que j'avais oublier mon passeport rendu au stop de lacolle...j'ai viré de bord et refais le 40min pour aller le chercher.(meme pas pris la peine d'aller essayer au douane).....ca pas été un voyage a freeport ben ben payant celui la...lol

Si j’allais me faire revirer, c’était 60km de perdu que j’était down à parier dessus

It worked! I’m getting posted from Borden to Edmonton so they let me through. They wanna check my trailer and that’s it. We’ll see how in Manitoba they are gonna treat me. I showed them my driver’s licsence and gouv ID. Maybe it’s also i’m in Baudette that they are easy going

Lol. I remember the dumbfounded look the CBSA officer at Emerson, MB gave me when I tried presenting my driver's licence on my way back from Minneapolis. He's like no, I need your passport. How'd you even get in the U.S.?! Give me your passport!

Plot twist: It was an enhanced driver's licence. You really shouldn't need to educate them about acceptable IDs...

I also got in with just a regular D.L once. It really depends on officer's discretion / your history as far as the Americans go. If you're in the Canadian Forces, I'm not surprised they let you in. They have a lot more respect for certain gov. occupations/professions down in the states.

Back