Ottawa woman charged for allegedly driving 60 km/h under limit on Hwy 401

D_Accord

Legacy Member
Police say an Ottawa-area woman is facing charges for allegedly driving 60 km/h under the speed limit on Highway 401 in eastern Ontario.

Ontario Provincial Police say they received numerous calls Wednesday night about an eastbound car travelling at 40 km/h in Front of Yonge Township, about 25 kilometres west of Brockville.

They say the callers said the car was in the fast lane with its high beams on.

OPP made several attempts to get the driver to pull onto the right shoulder, but eventually had to make a tandem stop with cruisers at the front and rear of the vehicle to move it off the highway.

They say the driver told officers she believed the speed limit was 50 km/h.

A 47-year-old woman is charged with unnecessary slow driving, failing to obey signs and not having an insurance card.

http://www.680news.com/2017/12/07/ottawa-woman-charged-allegedly-driving-60-kmh-limit-hwy-401/

------------

jésus..

M’a commencé à appeller la police moi avec quand je pogne des téteux dans voie de gauche !

J'aurais une ligne direct avec eux. Le matin sur la 15 la voie de gauche est garnie d'attardé a 100km/h quand la voie du centre est fcking libre. Hier j'ai attendu max 20sec en arrière d'une corrola, un moment donner me suis tanné, V6T dans panne par la droite.

Des fois je capote moi aussi et je suis juste avec ~80HP max dans le Sidekick. Quand t'as pas de traffic, juste des chars BEN espacés avec quasiment 300m entre les voitures, beau temps sec pas de vent et que les 3 fucking voies roulent a 90km/h c'est qu'y est temps que qqun pogne un ticket quelque part.

I was actually driving on the 401 when this happened... lady driving a jeep wrangler with dome lights on and high beams had to swearve last minute to avoid this bitch glad the police did something good for once !!!

How is it that you'd have to swerve at the last minute to avoid a rolling obstacle? I thought highway driving involved staying alert looking hundreds of metres ahead of you? Maybe you just rounded a dark corner in reduced visibility?
Anyway good for the OPP and thanks to vigilant citizens for reporting such hazards.

They say the callers said the car was in the fast lane with its high beams on.

Sounds like a regular Ontario driver to me! :)

There was this asian chick driving 50 on the left lane of the Champlain absolutely panicked by people passing her on the right, what is so hard about moving over for some people? Like they are insulted or something. Or the ones that get on the highway and immediately swerve to the left to drive 102...

More than half the time the right lane is the best which is all kinds of fucked up.

Back