Quebec is struggling to find enough workers. Yet employers aren't offering good pay

KossaK

http://nationalpost.com/opinion/ste...kers-yet-employers-arent-offering-to-pay-more

I know what will happen they're just doing that so that they can say that "no Canadian can do the job".
this tactic to hire cheaper engineers from India. They ask for impossibly specific qualifications tailored to the person they actually want to hire and when Canadian applicants fail to meet those requirements the company then points to those requirements and says “Well this guy from India has all these things. We clearly need him at 60% of the rate we would normally have to pay for this position.”

The pay will stay low and the price of everything else will continue to rise.
Toronto Style, stuff is quite common all over Canada. They should change the foreign worker program clause so that foreign workers are paid the same as workers in Canada. This would definitely see less abuse of the system.

But immigration is about cheap labor now.

But is truth for business owner it is hard to find Good worker.
Employers have not offered higher pay to address the labour shortage. Not only are Quebec wages too low to attract workers from other provinces, they appear to be too low to even retain the ones that are already here.

So better pay. Better equation and more babies.

Si les salaires sont si bas et les offres d'emploi à la hausse, c'est parce que les gens ont le choix au Québec. Maintenant, les employeurs n'ont qu'à augmenter leurs offres salariales. C'est la règle de la balance de l'économie la plus simple.

Mêmes les salaires à fonction publique du Québec sont misérables pour tous les postes inférieurs à Cadre4. Et, ce n'est pas les cadres qui font que ça fonctionne bien: leur travail n'offre aucune valeur ajoutée à la chaîne des processus.

Lower pay than elsewhere in NA: Check.
Higher taxes than elsewhere in NA: Check.
Shittier services/amount of taxes paid ratio than pretty much anywhere else in the world with the possible exception of Monaco: Check.

I don't think we need further explanation to explain worker shortage in Quebec.

With what we pay in taxes combined we should be driving on gold paved roads with platinum plated hospital rooms and technology worthy of Star Trek.

Shittier services/amount of taxes paid ratio than pretty much anywhere else in the world with the possible exception of Monaco: Check.

With what we pay in taxes combined we should be driving on gold paved roads with platinum plated hospital rooms and technology worthy of Star Trek.

This.

On taxe plus que les églises dans le temps pi notre architecture tombe en ruine.

Wow, plein de discours que je n'ai jamais lu nulle part ailleurs sur MR avant, tellement rafraîchissant

LG part un thread de chialage sur les taxes au Québec vs le reste des provinces canadiennes, si c'est moi qui le start il va avoir 2 pages lol

seriously , Me and my GF... no kids, making together a salary i was not expecting to make, + work expenses etc...

yet ... i dont even know if i can afford a kid

couples making a third of what we make have a couple of em .... God damn WhitePeopleitis i am suffering

Same reason Trump wants to increase the minimum salary to 100k for a person who gets brought to the US under a work visa. Right now its cheaper to pay someone to come over from overseas and give them below average salaries then to pay someone local who is skilled the proper salary.

seriously , Me and my GF... no kids, making together a salary i was not expecting to make, + work expenses etc...

yet ... i dont even know if i can afford a kid

couples making a third of what we make have a couple of em .... God damn WhitePeopleitis i am suffering

You drive a cadillac and wonder if you can afford a kid?

Ma blonde travail pour Walmart Canada et elle est allé travailler deux semaines à Vald'or au mois d'octobre car il manque au moins 90 employés dans le magasin.

Il y avait de nombreux employés venus de Laval, Sherbrooke, Granby, etc quand elle y était.

Tout ce qu'ils ont fait durant deux semaines est stocké le magasin. Les étagères étaient vide.

Évidement, il n'y a personne qui veut allé travailler aux salaires que Walmart offre quand ils peuvent travailler pour 2x-3x fois plus dans les mines.

You drive a cadillac and wonder if you can afford a kid?

He's wondering if he can have a kid without changing anything in his lifestyle or expenses.

Welcome to 2017.

There is a guy I work with. He and his wife want to retires but he says they can't afford it.

They made a budget and they need a minimum of $6500/month of revenue.

What do you need $78K/year for when you are retired?

My mind was blown.

The whole immigration system needs to be redone! However it's not this government that will do any of it. Since the liberals have been in power it has been Facilitation over anything else. The rules don't really matter to them, things can be ignored, common sense can be thrown out the window.

Everyone knows the loop holes and they are all being exploited. We are the ones who are paying the price.

The whole immigration system needs to be redone! However it's not this government that will do any of it. Since the liberals have been in power it has been Facilitation over anything else. The rules don't really matter to them, things can be ignored, common sense can be thrown out the window.

Everyone knows the loop holes and they are all being exploited. We are the ones who are paying the price.

In what way has the immigration policy of this country significantly changed over the last 2 years compared to the decade before it?

Employer have a lot of leverage on the worker card older.

I know a guy who work like two mecanic for half the price of one.
He cant complaine because his worker card is the only way he can stay in québec.

So two local mecanic was lay off to be remplaced by him.
The immigrant is exploted to work more for less.

The system allow that kind of practice

What need to be change is Immigrant employees should be more expensive than native one.
Soo company will only hire immigrant employees because they are the best from the best.

sur emploi quebec actuellement ya au dessus de 900 job offertes a TR.

Doit en avoir 12 qui paye en haut de 15$ de l'heure.

pourquoi on prend juste pas le monde sur le BS (ceux qui peuvent travailler la pas ceux qui en ont vraiment besoin) pis on leurs dit va travailler chez walmart

Quand c'est presque aussi payant d'etre sur le BS pis faire des flos que de travailler... pourquoi se casser la tete?

et si on ne serrais pas la province la plus taxé en Amerique du Nord, peut-etre que les employeurs aurais plus de marge de manoeuvre pour payer les bon employés pour les garder.

Je connais 2 PME qui ont de la misère a garder leur staff parce que les bon s'en vont ailleur parce que ca paye plus naturellement. Mais le boss est pas capable de payer plus pour le moment.

pourquoi on prend juste pas le monde sur le BS (ceux qui peuvent travailler la pas ceux qui en ont vraiment besoin) pis on leurs dit va travailler chez walmart

Les employeurs n’en veut pas et avec raison.

Il a une raison que Québec s’est équipé un filet social.
Ce monde-là tire plus de ressource que leur utilité dans une entreprise.

Pour ça aussi qu’il faut poussé l'éducation chez nos jeunes hommes.
Les employeurs ont faim de Skill et de talent. Ils sont prêts à payer le gros prix pour les meilleurs.

Là le québec fait que produire les meilleurs gars de construction au monde.
Mais il faut plus que ça.

Quand c'est presque aussi payant d'etre sur le BS pis faire des flos que de travailler... pourquoi se casser la tete?

et si on ne serrais pas la province la plus taxé en Amerique du Nord, peut-etre que les employeurs aurais plus de marge de manoeuvre pour payer les bon employés pour les garder.

Je connais 2 PME qui ont de la misère a garder leur staff parce que les bon s'en vont ailleur parce que ca paye plus naturellement. Mais le boss est pas capable de payer plus pour le moment.

Ça une grosse réalité tu viens dire là.

Aussi imposition sur le salaire.

Prend le salaire le plus moyen et médiocre de 50k
Il est reste que 39k net. Elle est là augmentation salaire possible.

En plus ce 39k net. Ce fait encore imposé par les taxes sur tous les biens de consommation.
Taxation is theft.

En plus ce 39k net. Ce fait encore imposé par les taxes sur tous les biens de consommation.
Taxation is theft.

39k net.

Si on dit que au minimum 50% de ce salaire sers a acheter des biens de consommations(bouffe, essence, etc.) bin il est taxé a 14.975% en plus.

Un autre 4-5k de moins sur le total.

Back