It will buff right out...

Ive been subscribed for a while, super impressive but I always wonder if the next owner knows what the car has been through

Ive been subscribed for a while, super impressive but I always wonder if the next owner knows what the car has been through

Yes, you need to keep record of everything done to the car with pictures and detailed list of work done. But, that's only if you do it the legit way lol.

Yes, you need to keep record of everything done to the car with pictures and detailed list of work done. But, that's only if you do it the legit way lol.

No one around here is fixing cars like that, Not even AutoLux. First off it would be branded as "Not repairable" and the costs of just fitting NEW OEM airbags would exceed what profit you were to make. It works out well for those eastern bloc countries because people have time on their hands and import tax on such cars is very high when new. So if you can buy a total loss in EU or even in NA then ship it, get parts and fix it.. You resell it for half or 3/4 of new while skirting the import duty. VGA inspection or dossier in those countries? Yea right.. If you tried to submit a photo with a chain/ tow strap or questionable welds here.. you fail.

Lot's of aluminum in those new BMWs. It won't offer the same crash protection

in the comments section, there is a hot debate about the welding;

there's a local company that imports Vipers sold at an auction in the U.S., rebuilds them and sells on Lespac. I have the auction pics of an ACR if anybody's interested. I asked about chassis damage, but the seller avoided the question. Does SAAQ make it easier than before to approve these apparent write-offs from the U.S.?

in the comments section, there is a hot debate about the welding;

there's a local company that imports Vipers sold at an auction in the U.S., rebuilds them and sells on Lespac. I have the auction pics of an ACR if anybody's interested. I asked about chassis damage, but the seller avoided the question. Does SAAQ make it easier than before to approve these apparent write-offs from the U.S.?

No. They have made is harder in the last few years. Any salvaged Viper will have minor chassis damage, same with Porsche etc. Rear end hits on Porsches are are especially bad.

That 7er in the video and the cars he repairs would be branded "Non Reconstrutable" here. Ever wonder why all VGA cars come from the boonies? Because those guys have a bunch a time on their hands and all they do is fix salvaged cars for a living. In recent times repairs have become better but I've seen some real shoddy work with welding and unibody repair

Look at the cars in his videos they don't have European plate holders or Eurospec lights. Those are all NA market cars... That 7er looks to have NY state inspection stickers on the windshield. The before photos are all from Insurance Auto Auctions in the US..

If a car with this level of damage are being repaired. How fucked up the donor car must be to be chopped up for panels? ....or donor cars are stollen cars?
*raptor meme*

I'd always buy new anyway. I don't trust the used car market.

Anyway, that Arthur body shop guy is pretty impressive. I doubt it drives the same though, the whole frame was twisted...

key point: donor car parts make it profitable; dealer mark ups were/are 50% over salvaged or new parts I bought in Ste Sophie. Been a while, though.

key point: donor car parts make it profitable; dealer mark ups were/are 50% over salvaged or new parts I bought in Ste Sophie. Been a while, though.
If the car is X age new OEM parts are used after that it will be used or jobber. However the jobber market in a few years might have less to offer as OEM parts now contain "indentifiers" meaning there is such a logo or brand name built into the part as a design element such as a headlight , bumper etc.

Sheet metal OEM isn't horribly expensive new. It's also not horribly expensive used. Having a donor car helps

As for airbags and safety items. Here you need to buy those from the dealer new with the bills, you need to submit all bills with the dossier to the SAAQ.

I'd always buy new anyway. I don't trust the used car market.

Anyway, that Arthur body shop guy is pretty impressive. I doubt it drives the same though, the whole frame was twisted...
Used car market is fine. I know when we purchase cars for resale proper due diligence is done beforehand.

Now there are "unclaimed" accidents or not recorded. However those won't be anywhere near the level of the cars in Arthur's videos.. Mostly bumpers or a quarter panel

^ I know, but I'm anal. The stuff people do to their cars that don't leave a visible mark...

I hate to tell you this, but I've seen brand-new cars dropped off a lift during PDI, brand-new cars damaged during transport prior to delivery. Repaired, then delivered to the customer as a brand-new car...Unfortunately.

I hate to tell you this, but I've seen brand-new cars dropped off a lift during PDI, brand-new cars damaged during transport prior to delivery. Repaired, then delivered to the customer as a brand-new car...Unfortunately.

I know. The less people who come into contact with my car, the better. Same goes for mechanics and dealers. It's got some scratches on it from sloppy mechanics working on it...and that was from the dealership. So yeah, I know; sh!t happens, people make mistakes and damage your car. Consequently, I don't trust anyone and it bothers me, and that's just for my Mazda3.

If I actually were to buy something really nice, like a brand new Cayman S, or something like that, I would take my own delivery in hand lol

Pretty amazing that he could fix such a high tech car what looks like "the old fashioned way". It looks good from a distance but I wouldn't want to be in it if it gets into another serious collision.

This.

My truck was damaged during PDI. Fortunately for me, the invoice from the body shop to the service dept. was still in the truck when I took it for a test drive... I bet the salesperson got shit on for his "indiscretion". I Used that as leverage to further negotiate the price...
The manager was adamant there was a certain damage amount threshold they need to cross before they have the obligation to disclose it to a prospective buyer. I dont remember what that magic number was, but it was 4 figures IIRC.

On the bright side, I'm pretty sure this won't show up on carfax...

Back