Ask those car questions you were always afraid to ask

Question: is it bad that the bolts on my tires are so tight that we cannot remove them nor by hand nor with an electric impact gun??

The only one that comes off are the ones with the lock nut because those are always tightened by hand....

Car went in the dealer for oil change 3 weeks ago and they must have tightened them because a couple months ago the tires were removed from the car and put back in place a few times and they were never tightened so hard.

Not really bad... Just annoying AF. I'm convinced the M14 bolts on BMWs now leak loctite. They are always tight

Question: is it bad that the bolts on my tires are so tight that we cannot remove them nor by hand nor with an electric impact gun??

The only one that comes off are the ones with the lock nut because those are always tightened by hand....

Car went in the dealer for oil change 3 weeks ago and they must have tightened them because a couple months ago the tires were removed from the car and put back in place a few times and they were never tightened so hard.
Ça ces parce-que le dealer a vissé ça a l'impact et ces accoté dessus comme si il n'y avais pas de lendemain.

Appel pour chialé ou sinon prend une longue bar de forces pi l'huile de coude.

Si tu veux aidé a éviter ça, met du never seize Sur Les bolts

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using Tapatalk

Pas supposé mettre de lubrifiant, quel qu'il soit sur des lug nut.

de l'anti-seize est pas un lubrifiant en soit, mais il agit en tant que tel pareil.
Stune façon de penser. Tjrs fais ça sur mes euro et jamais eu de problèmes. Incluant les 48263 clients que j'ai vu passer dans le garage ou je fesait ça.

Stune façon de penser. Tjrs fais ça sur mes euro et jamais eu de problèmes. Incluant les 48263 clients que j'ai vu passer dans le garage ou je fesait ça.

Ouiais j'en mettais aussi sur les lub bolt de mon jetta...mais jamais eu besoin de faire ca sur des lug nut!

Not really bad... Just annoying AF. I'm convinced the M14 bolts on BMWs now leak loctite. They are always tight

Or the people they hire at the garage just don't give AF. Happened to my brother's car. Garage took off a single tire to plug a nail and they torqued it back over 200 lb-ft. All three other wheels that we torqued to spec in the spring came off super easy.

Or the people they hire at the garage just don't give AF. Happened to my brother's car. Garage took off a single tire to plug a nail and they torqued it back over 200 lb-ft. All three other wheels that we torqued to spec in the spring came off super easy.
Like I said it happens. Even here where we use a torque wrench sometimes bolts get tight. Just a dab of anti seize on the threads. People get all hung up about it messing around with torque values but it's a wheel bolt not a fastener on a spy satellite... Same people who ask "is your psi gauge calibrated one a month"

Like I said it happens. Even here where we use a torque wrench sometimes bolts get tight. Just a dab of anti seize on the threads. People get all hung up about it messing around with torque values but it's a wheel bolt not a fastener on a spy satellite... Same people who ask "is your psi gauge calibrated one a month"

Doesn't it damage the threads on the bolt if you torque them to 2.5 times the recommendation?
That's the only reason we care, long term damage.

Follow up would be why even set a recommendation? Just have a universal figure like 100 lbs ft for all cars and light vehicles if they're not sensitive to over torquing?

Doesn't it damage the threads on the bolt if you torque them to 2.5 times the recommendation?
That's the only reason we care, long term damage.

Follow up would be why even set a recommendation? Just have a universal figure like 100 lbs ft for all cars and light vehicles if they're not sensitive to over torquing?
I've never seen one sheer off unless @Kaimera was driving or cross threaded. What I have seen is over torqued bolts strip the hex off requiring you to cut them off with a torch... Pretty much everything is 80-104ft lbs. Tesla 129ft lbs

Je me posais la question si c'étais possible de refaire les fillets Sur un flare fitting (ligne à brake, Power steering). Ces quand même large comme thread. Ma changer la nut si ces impossible mais mettons que ça me sauverais du temps de refaire les fillets.

La grosseur est pas le probleme....il existe des tap/die pour n'importe quel filet.

Mais la question est plus ce que le matériel a l'air avant de décidé d'utilisé un tap/die. (Y a t'il assez de viande pour que ca serve a qlqch)

c'est ben rare que tu peut refaire des fillets quand c'est strippé.....sans avoir besoin de l'aggrandir.

Si la timing chain à déja été fait sur une B6 S4. Est-ce qu'il y a des risques que le problème se reproduise à nouveau? Est-ce une entretien "récurent" ou une fois faite ça règle le problème à tout jamais?

Back