Ask those car questions you were always afraid to ask

A guy here had that happen but we never knew the end.

He could not register at saaq with unpaid tickets.

Is the RDPRM clean?

exactly. I don't know if it's clean or not. There have been a few red flags with this whole affaire.

Last edited:
A la quantité de miata sur le marché si tu le feel pas oblie ca et passe a un autre appel.

woin je sais. je l'aime ste spec-là (gen NB2 1.8 6MT, dampers Bilstein, roues 16", noir, pas de bodykit, et zero rouille). Pour le prix, c'est vraiment difficile de trouver mieux.

Mais finalement le gars va se pointer là en personne. Je suis un peu plus à l'aise. Je vais mieux dormir quand ça sera final.

Sur mon Legacy ça fait 3 fois je change le seal arrière de output de transmission pis y coule encore, avec 3 seals de marques différentes , ça se peux tu que j'aille besoin de mettre un speedi sleeve sur le bout de mon drivingshaft ?

Shopping online for winter tires (225-45-18 in case it helps).

Which type offers better traction on snow/ice: symmetrical or asymmetrical?

Any suggestions on which brand to buy? Best bang for buck... I don't want cheap tires but don't want tires that cost 250$ each either....I see many options between 700-800$, just wondering which ones are worth it and which to stay away from.
Not getting run flats this time.

Sur mon Legacy ça fait 3 fois je change le seal arrière de output de transmission pis y coule encore, avec 3 seals de marques différentes , ça se peux tu que j'aille besoin de mettre un speedi sleeve sur le bout de mon drivingshaft ?

y a tu une groove sur le shaft ?

Any suggestions on which brand to buy? Best bang for buck... I don't want cheap tires but don't want tires that cost 250$ each either....I see many options between 700-800$, just wondering which ones are worth it and which to stay away from.
Gislaved nordfrost 200.

Best bang for the buck

Envoyé de mon SM-G998W en utilisant Tapatalk

Message me I can help you out. I have access to every major brand out there.

Sent from my SM-G986W using Tapatalk

Gislaved nordfrost 200.

Best bang for the buck

Those tires are well over a decade old, the technology in them is obsolete, you can get better traction on snow/ice, better braking and less noise in other tires for not much more (unless prices on these have dropped recently).

Last edited:
Those tires are well over a decade old, the technology in them is obsolete, you can get better traction on snow/ice, better braking and less noise in other tires for not much more (unless prices on these have dropped recently).

i'm curious what facts you have to back up that statement.

hopefully you are not going to say "they use the same pattern as the continental that is X years old blah blah"

this is false.

Yes it's old thread patern (one the best)
But the technologie is updated on those one.

It's one of the greatest snow tire out there... Not the best on ice but most of the time it's snow traction you need.

Parlant de tire d'hiver, fini les X-Ice pour moi, c'est de la cochonnerie dans la neige / gadoux, je parle pas de 20cm la.. un pti 5-10cm.
Je savais que sa allait être moins bon... le nom le dit X-Ice, mais je trouve sa vaut pas la peine pour ici, c'est trop mauvais dans les autres catégorie.

Sur mon Ridgeline 2017 j'ai du X-Ice et sur mon 2006 du Blizzak et quand je sort les trucks du parking l'hiver après une tempête ou pour rouller sur l'autouroute semi enneigé je trouve le Blizzak beaucoup mieux.

i'm curious what facts you have to back up that statement.

hopefully you are not going to say "they use the same pattern as the continental that is X years old blah blah"

Well, it is a 12 year old design, and looking on Gislaved's website doesn't show that the actual compound has not been updated since that time. It's lacking either silica, rapeseed (or canola) oil or say Bridgestone's multi-cell compound. The website says it 'incorporates the latest technologies' but the accompanying pdf files does not speak of compound at all but of 'Sharp Angle Shoulder Design' and '3D Stepped and 3D Sinusoidal Sipe Technology', both of which are old, fairly basic tech. It does boasts using an asymmetrical design, which is a good thing because when Continental released the WinterContact SI in 2015, they said "According to Continental Key Account Manager Ryan Bradshaw, the asymmetrical tread pattern proved superior in Continental’s testing".

Does it use a old Conti thread pattern, yes, is that what makes it obsolete, no.

When the ContiIceContact came out in 2010 it was a great STUDDED tire, and won many comparisons for the next 2 years. Not sure if the the person asking about these will run them with studs or not, but most do not. Running a studded tire without the studs reduces it's ice traction tremendously.

In 2015, Continental came out with the WinterContact SI, the press release said that the "Si uses “+Silane additives,” a proprietary mixture to improve wet braking, and complex traction grooves to pack and bite into snow." Silane is a variation of silica.

in 2019, Continental came out with the Viking 7, in which the person in charge said "He said the new design offers significantly improved ice braking, noise and dry braking characteristics with similar snow traction and snow handling when compared to the WinterContact SI it is replacing.'.

So that places the Nordfrost 200 as two generations behind even in Conti's product portfolio.

this is false.

Yes it's old thread patern (one the best)
But the technologie is updated on those one.

It's one of the greatest snow tire out there... Not the best on ice but most of the time it's snow traction you need.

Is it a good tire, yes. A 2018 tire test shows it's a fairly good tire - when used with studs! https://alltyretests.com/gislaved-nord-frost-200-test-review/

Not sure where you're getting the info that 'the technologie is updated' from, but it's not on Gislaved's own website.

Ice is much more dangerous then snow, snow if fairly easy to deal with, use large voids, z sips and traction grooves and you're pretty good to go; you pack the tire voids with snow, snow grips snow and you have traction. Ice is very different and much more dangerous and that's where proper compound comes into play, and this tire just doesn't have what it needs to deal with that without it's studs.

Back